• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A win/win or lose/lose trade idea

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick for RG111 straight up

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash would be all for that. Nothing lost if they can unload RG3's "can be guaranteed" contract for next year and get back a very team friendly Kap contract that can be voided from what I remember.

9ers would be better off keeping Kap and trying to cut him, resign him or just cut him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lose lose

Think about the salary cap

49ers would be better cutting Kaep. If they trade him, the bonus payments accelerate and hit the cap now.
Any team would be better signing RGKnee rather than trading for him. If you trade for him, his cap number next year is $14 million. You can probably sign him to a cheaper one year deal.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
lose lose

49ers would be better cutting Kaep. If they trade him, the bonus payments accelerate and hit the cap now.
Any team would be better signing RGKnee rather than trading for him. If you trade for him, his cap number next year is $14 million. You can probably sign him to a cheaper one year deal.
Hence the name "Smart" on your avatar.
thanks for the clarification...it's still a cute idea though. Put the whole change of scenery thing into play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the name "Smart" on your avatar.
thanks for the clarification...it's still a cute idea though. Put the whole change of scenery thing into play.

Kaep going to the Redskins and RGKnee going to San Fran could happen- but not as a trade.

Kaepernick needs a change of offense. Which could happen in San Francisco, as that puppet coach should be fired.

RGKnee needs to get out from under Jon Gruden's brother. If a coach uses him properly, he could be good for the three or four games he's healthy. Going to a team that drafts a first round quarterback (like the 49ers might), would be good for Griffin and that team.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Kaep going to the Redskins and RGKnee going to San Fran could happen- but not as a trade.

Kaepernick needs a change of offense. Which could happen in San Francisco, as that puppet coach should be fired.

RGKnee needs to get out from under Jon Gruden's brother. If a coach uses him properly, he could be good for the three or four games he's healthy. Going to a team that drafts a first round quarterback (like the 49ers might), would be good for Griffin and that team.
I think both players have shown enough upside to warrant a fresh start somewhere. In both cases over half their issues are between their ears. The question would be is this permanent damage or temporary.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please let that happen. That just ensures San Fran's irrelevance for another year in our division. One less team to have to worry about (although I guess it's 2 free wins for St. Louis and Zona as well).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One trade that is in the works is the Broncos trading for Joe Thomas from the Browns. The Broncos have offered them a 1st round pick for Thomas. The Browns countered wanting Shaq Barrett the Broncos young pass rusher as part of the deal as well. Going to be interesting to see if either side blinks and the trade gets done.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lose lose

A. There is no difference in cap implications between trading a player and releasing a player. All pro-rated bonus money hits you immediately with both scenarios.

B. RGIII's cap hit next year is all base salary and none of it is guaranteed. That last year would essentially be thrown out as a new deal is put in place.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say if Rg3 hits FA he will end up in Philly.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. There is no difference in cap implications between trading a player and releasing a player. All pro-rated bonus money hits you immediately with both scenarios.

B. RGIII's cap hit next year is all base salary and none of it is guaranteed. That last year would essentially be thrown out as a new deal is put in place.

About "B", that isn't true if he gets injured this year in which case the money is fully guaranteed. So why would anyone trade for him this year and then not play him for fear of injury only so they could sign him next year?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About "B", that isn't true if he gets injured this year in which case the money is fully guaranteed. So why would anyone trade for him this year and then not play him for fear of injury only so they could sign him next year?

I am going under the premise that SF has packed it in for this year and would finish the year out with Gabbert. I would also assume that a contract would be worked out with RGIII before any trade was agreed to.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going under the premise that SF has packed it in for this year and would finish the year out with Gabbert. I would also assume that a contract would be worked out with RGIII before any trade was agreed to.

Gotcha, yeah that would make sense then. In that case it would be beneficial to not have to compete on an open market. The only question is if RG3 and his agent think he could do better as a FA.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you're telling me that RG3 is still on an NFL roster? Who knew?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure either are starting QBs in this league, but both need a change of address next year.

RG3...I still think the glass is half full with him. If he really wants to learn the position as a pro QB...and use his athletic ability to enhance it...not to be a primary playmaker. The word I'm hearing is there is a mental block there. Like you said...if you have any interest in this guy...you wait til he's been released, then make deal.

Kap...is a lessor skilled Cam...can't pass nearly as well...idk where he fits, but I do feel with the right OC you can win games with him on a team like NYJ.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that's as lose/lose as it gets.