• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A very good article on B1G expansion and Virginia Tech

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**Gulp - getting ready to stick up for Jethro. So hell does freeze over.**

While I hate 99% of all UVA fans, you have to give Jeffro a little credit here, he comes on the VT board and is not afraid to signal out his own thoughts. So lets not get to crazy.

Thanks man. I'm not here to talk trash, yet when I try to lend an opinion that isn't pro-VT, I get bashed.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I hate 99% of all UVA fans, you have to give Jeffro a little credit here, he comes on the VT board and is not afraid to signal out his own thoughts.
So lets not get to crazy and turn this into a Spider / Tommy / Goodfellas situation!!!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What question, jeffro?

You do not think that the B1G has any interest in Virginia Tech. I am saying that they certainly do. Let's wait and let it all play out, shall we.

Why would Steger vote to increase the buyout if he was still entertaining options about leaving? Simple, it was going to pass, regardless so why be the dissenting vote. If VT ends up staying in the ACC, why alienate themselves by voting against something that is going to pass anyway.

Why have no media outlets reported this? One just did, and the others will soon. Remember ESPN, the cabal, has a vested interest in the ACC and SEC and a vested interest in the B1G and their network not looking good. Why report a football power potentially leaving them to go elsewhere? They reported this morning that "some guy at Nd told Joe Schad that ND would pick the ACC over the B1G" which is impossible to reference, and most likely, categorically false.

Now, I have two questions for you:

1. Would the B1G have set all of this in motion last year by adding Nebraska and courting Texas and ND just so they could sit back, watch other conferences expand and be stuck with Kansas, Mizzou and Rutgers??? Of course not...they know what they are doing, and it is expansion. They are not going to expand with the scraps. They are way too big of a player for that.

2. Would VT and for that matter GT, Clemson or FSU really be cool with adding 2, and possibly 4 more basketball powers when they are already not able to get into the tournament, while at the same time watering down the football conference? What benefit does this expansion have at all for VT and the other football schools? None.

Think jeffro, this whole thing makes no sense for the football schools. They are not that dumb. Give it time, and let it all play out.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with you jeffro is coming over here and taking stuff to your buddies site, laughing about it, yet at the same time not giving the same people credit for being way out ahead of a lot of the other stories (UNC scandal, winter and spring of 2010, Pitt and Cuse coming in). You cherry pick to make yourself look cool. I don't really care because it creates traffic, but it is just a tool thing to do.

Bring some of those people from the sabre here. You have a big board all to yourself, where you can talk about Cav football and Mike London and hate on VT all you want.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I hate 99% of all UVA fans, you have to give Jeffro a little credit here, he comes on the VT board and is not afraid to signal out his own thoughts.
So lets not get to crazy and turn this into a Spider / Tommy / Goodfellas situation!!!.

this ^.

for the most part, jeffro is a pretty quality poster. why hurl attempted zings for coming in and asking a few legit questions?

rodney-king.jpg

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A while back, I started a thread on trying to find a roster for the FUMA postgrad football team. Once I found the roster and posted a snapshot analysis on players Tech may still want to pursue, his response was nothing less than a complete flame.

That was my first exposure to "quality" poster, jeffro151. I should have known better than to respond to him in that thread, or in the current one.

I have no respect for jeffro151. But, to maintain the peace on this board, I will not respond to anything he posts in the future.

===========================
Originally Posted by TAEdisonHokie:

Info pulled from the Fork Union postgrad football roster and the R___s free football recruit database:

PLAYER - VERBAL TO:
-------------------------
Lockhart - VT
Hall - VT
Gamble - UVA - no VT offer
Doull - UVA - no VT offer
Battle - Clemson - no VT offer
Gadbois - Miami - no VT offer
McKinney - UGA - no VT offer
Adams - SC - no VT offer
Richardson - Temple - no VT offer

OTHERS:
----------
Creeden - No verbal - no VT offer (VT medium interest among others)
Davis - No verbal - no VT offer (Norfolk St offer - VT med interest)
Neal - No verbal - no VT offer (VT/UVA medium interest)
===================================
jeffro151's response:

So let me guess, since Gamble (from North Carolina), Doull (from Canada), Battle (from Virginia), Gadbois (from Georgia), McKinney (from Georgia) and Adams (from South Carolina) didnt have VT offers, they weren't good enough to get an offer from VT? You fools crack me up. Ever think that maybe VT just didn't recruit these kids?
=====================================

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A while back, I started a thread on trying to find a roster for the FUMA postgrad football team. Once I found the roster and posted a snapshot analysis on players Tech may still want to pursue, his response was nothing less than a complete flame.

That was my first exposure to "quality" poster, jeffro151. I should have known better than to respond to him in that thread, or in the current one.

I have no respect for jeffro151. But, to maintain the peace on this board, I will not respond to anything he posts in the future.

===========================
Originally Posted by TAEdisonHokie:

Info pulled from the Fork Union postgrad football roster and the R___s free football recruit database:

PLAYER - VERBAL TO:
-------------------------
Lockhart ***8211; VT
Hall ***8211; VT
Gamble ***8211; UVA ***8211; no VT offer
Doull ***8211; UVA ***8211; no VT offer
Battle ***8211; Clemson ***8211; no VT offer
Gadbois ***8211; Miami ***8211; no VT offer
McKinney ***8211; UGA ***8211; no VT offer
Adams ***8211; SC ***8211; no VT offer
Richardson ***8211; Temple ***8211; no VT offer

OTHERS:
----------
Creeden ***8211; No verbal ***8211; no VT offer (VT medium interest among others)
Davis ***8211; No verbal ***8211; no VT offer (Norfolk St offer ***8211; VT med interest)
Neal ***8211; No verbal ***8211; no VT offer (VT/UVA medium interest)
===================================
jeffro151's response:

So let me guess, since Gamble (from North Carolina), Doull (from Canada), Battle (from Virginia), Gadbois (from Georgia), McKinney (from Georgia) and Adams (from South Carolina) didnt have VT offers, they weren't good enough to get an offer from VT? You fools crack me up. Ever think that maybe VT just didn't recruit these kids?
=====================================

and I still don't see why you got so upset over my response. Take off your O&M glasses for just a second. To someone other than a Hokie fan, it looked like you were saying that the players that didnt receive VT offers were just not any good. Are you upset because I called you a fool? Seriously? Looks like to me that you just need to grow a thicker skin.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not cross post it?

I assume you mean why cross post it, instead of why not.

The reason I cross-posted the thread is because it was just too much comedy gold to pass up, IMO. Is this really hurting your feeling that much? Jeez.

This is the last time I am going to post on this thread. It's just not worth arguing OVER THE INTERNET over.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is being two faced about it:

TheSabre.com - Football Message Board Message

Thanks to VTFF for the info....

Jeffro, go post the article.....

lol...just read through the thread over there (if you can call it that...my god, that format is terrible)...sounds like a middle school conversation...oh well, not much to stick up for after reading through that....but either way, i wont be losing any sleep over it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, I am going to state this publicly.

If you want to talk trash about the Hokies, whatever. If it is clever, we will likely laugh ot off. If not, we will ignore it. However, if you insult one of the members with personal attacks again, your time here is done.

This is not ESPN or the Sabre. Shape the fuck up.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should say all you need to know about what kind of knowledge there is at the sabre:

posted at 3:23 this afternoon
OP: Hey guys, can we PLEASE talk about Conference Expansion? It' riveting stuff
Reply 1: Whats the latest twit on tweeter about ND and the ACC?
Reply 2: WTF are you talking about?
Reply 3: What conference expansion?

that about sums it up

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, I am going to state this publicly.

If you want to talk trash about the Hokies, whatever. If it is clever, we will likely laugh ot off. If not, we will ignore it. However, if you insult one of the members with personal attacks again, your time here is done.

This is not ESPN or the Sabre. Shape the fuck up.

Show me where I have insulted another member since the initial warning.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should say all you need to know about what kind of knowledge there is at the sabre:

posted at 3:23 this afternoon
OP: Hey guys, can we PLEASE talk about Conference Expansion? It' riveting stuff
Reply 1: Whats the latest twit on tweeter about ND and the ACC?
Reply 2: WTF are you talking about?
Reply 3: What conference expansion?

that about sums it up

I think you missed the sarcasm of those replies.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm tis very possible....oh well, quittin time, later dudes

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. The fact that you responded at all means you took the bait.

I'm sorry, is that concept too difficult for you to understand? Perhaps you should just wander on back to The Sabre where you can discuss issues with people of a similar intellectual make-up.

46, since I cant reply to your infraction message, I will do it here.

How is what I said insulting a member, but what he said to me not?