• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A very good article on B1G expansion and Virginia Tech

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. Do me a huge favor and crush my buddie's link. Thus is a fantastic article and the description of VT as an option should make any of our rivals cringe.

Spartan Nation | Big Ten Expansion Continues to Move Forward…

These guys give me a lot of my tips so please hit the link and pass it along as much as you can.

Thanks!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Liked this paragraph:

Virginia Tech is a name we have already discussed. They are a high quality institution. They have an amazing fan base (similar to and devoted like Nebraska) along with great facilities, academics, and are part of one of the fastest growing parts of the nation. They bring a great area for expanded must carry cable outlets for the BTN and in my opinion are one of the jewels of college sports. Virginia Tech isn't a look at me type SEC school. They are similar to the rich guy that doesn't go in debt for the monster house and car to convince you he is rich. Frankly, he knows it and doesn't care if you do. That is the style of Virginia Tech. They are an exceptional school and they don't have a permanent inferiority complex that mandates you know it. Although not the first to be discussed in Big Ten expansion discussions, Virginia Tech is a prize. I spoke with a member of their athletics family yesterday and I was told, "I have not been told that we are looking at or being considered, but I would love it. I think we fit in every way and joining the Big Ten would make a lot of sense if it were up to me." Remember that their fine coach (and person for that matter) Frank Beamer almost was hired by MSU.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. Do me a huge favor and crush my buddie's link. Thus is a fantastic article and the description of VT as an option should make any of our rivals cringe.

Spartan Nation | Big Ten Expansion Continues to Move Forward…

These guys give me a lot of my tips so please hit the link and pass it along as much as you can.

Thanks!

I'm being serious here, so personal attacks wont be necessary.

1) Why would VT's rivals cringe at you all leaving the ACC? You have basically dominated since you arrived, so your departure would give everyone else a chance.

2) Personally, IMO, this article is no different than something from BleacherReport. Anyone that has the time can write an article to make someone believe what they are preaching.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being serious here, so personal attacks wont be necessary.

1) Why would VT's rivals cringe at you all leaving the ACC? You have basically dominated since you arrived, so your departure would give everyone else a chance.

2) Personally, IMO, this article is no different than something from BleacherReport. Anyone that has the time can write an article to make someone believe what they are preaching.

VT has been the only team in the conference worthy of mentioning (in a positive light) on a national broadcast for the past 5 years. the ACC would hate to lose that.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has been the only team in the conference worthy of mentioning (in a positive light) on a national broadcast for the past 5 years. the ACC would hate to lose that.

The ACC conference brass would definitely hate to lose VT, but I'm sure UVa, Miami, GT, FSU, BC etc would not lose any sleep over VT leaving.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! You bait the hook and the little man bites every single time!! :high5:

I haven't taken the article to thesabre, so how did I take the bait? 46 called me out, so I responded.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't taken the article to thesabre, so how did I take the bait? 46 called me out, so I responded.

Sigh. The fact that you responded at all means you took the bait.

I'm sorry, is that concept too difficult for you to understand? Perhaps you should just wander on back to The Sabre where you can discuss issues with people of a similar intellectual make-up.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. The fact that you responded at all means you took the bait.

I'm sorry, is that concept too difficult for you to understand? Perhaps you should just wander on back to The Sabre where you can discuss issues with people of a similar intellectual make-up.

I would tell you how much of a joke you are, but I'm sure you already well aware.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is it going to a lacrosse school?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is it going to a lacrosse school?

I don't go to UVa, so I couldn't tell you.

But, how is it going to a school with zero team NCAA National Championships? See, I can play the punk game too.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't go to UVa, so I couldn't tell you.

But, how is it going to a school with zero team NCAA National Championships? See, I can play the punk game too.

Its a lot better than going to UVA. That's for damn sure.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have to. Went to VT and there is no place better. I promise you.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article, but I did chuckle when I saw the author's name is Hondo.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you attended either??

You know the answer to that. I have never once led anyone to believe that I did go to UVa. We've been on the ESPN boards together for many years and you know good and well what the answer is, so why even ask?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing worse than a pretender talking weak trash.

Take it to the The Sabre...they have a lot of UVA wannabes over there.

I'm not trying to talk trash. I asked a legit question, yet some of you are too stupid to comprehend it, so you would rather bash me personally. That's cool, it just speaks volumes of just how immature you are.

Oh, and I'm sure every hokie fan that talks on the message boards as well as attends games went to VT as well. :blah: