• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Superbowl Question

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember going to a game for the hotdogs ...

Hot Dogs at Fenway were famously great from the 1920's into the 1970's. They were so in demand that the Red Sox gave Kayem a license to mass-produce "Fenway Franks" and offer them for sale to the public in grocery stores. As time has gone forward, the flavor of the Fenway Frank has diminished as the cost of ingredients has gone up. They're still 'good' but no longer 'great'.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Dogs at Fenway were famously great from the 1920's into the 1970's. They were so in demand that the Red Sox gave Kayem a license to mass-produce "Fenway Franks" and offer them for sale to the public in grocery stores. As time has gone forward, the flavor of the Fenway Frank has diminished as the cost of ingredients has gone up. They're still 'good' but no longer 'great'.

... I buy ‘em by the box:

00030771010120-AdAgzyyPRVFQIw-0_s500.jpg

at home, with a widescreen, and instant replay ...
America IS great Ken

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting old sucks. Your taste buds are the likely culprit!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, every one of their SBs are as exciting as their last as exemplified by last years biggest point spread of 10 points being their biggest SB ’blowout’ ...

SBs used to be some of the worst games of the season ... and even after dialing in my homerism
I can’t remember a more exciting set of SBs than the Patriots’ ...

Patriots put the Super in the Super Bowl!!!!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hot Dog's In Order

Sabratt
Hebrew National

The rest

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's different but still pretty damm good. Watching this team for the last 20 years has been a real joy... You don't get to see that too often, if at all.
This may sound dumb, but it's not all joy. The expectations are so high that we're rooting for history rather than games. I remember when winning on a Sunday in late November while in the wildcard hunt would make my week. You can't make my week much anymore unless it's a week in early February.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may sound dumb, but it's not all joy. The expectations are so high that we're rooting for history rather than games. I remember when winning on a Sunday in late November while in the wildcard hunt would make my week. You can't make my week much anymore unless it's a week in early February.

Sure... It's not all joy particularly when they play worse than what we expect but we've seen more than our fair share of great moments with this team..

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... It's not all joy particularly when they play worse than what we expect but we've seen more than our fair share of great moments with this team..
So true, but man always wants more. (I'm blaming this phenomenon on mankind :) )

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be sad when it ends but I actually think many in Patriots Fanland are preparing for when it happens.

Sad? A season NOT playing in the AFCCG will be suicidal around here. The Pats have been in that Championship for the last eight years. I have a grandson that has no knowledge of a Patriots team that wasn't a top SB contender the last week in January. My oldest grandson has never known a Patriots team that had a less than 9-7 record (17 years old).

You know, it's wonderful that the Patriots have been this good for so long and so many people have experienced it. Seriously, what will they do when the eventual fall does come? My gut tells me that as long as Belichick is the head coach, this team will be competitive and always be in the fight for the AFCE Divison Crown. When he leaves the guy who follows him will never be able to fill his moccasins. New England will need a giant perkcoset.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad? A season NOT playing in the AFCCG will be suicidal around here. The Pats have been in that Championship for the last eight years. I have a grandson that has no knowledge of a Patriots team that wasn't a top SB contender the last week in January. My oldest grandson has never known a Patriots team that had a less than 9-7 record (17 years old).

You know, it's wonderful that the Patriots have been this good for so long and so many people have experienced it. Seriously, what will they do when the eventual fall does come? My gut tells me that as long as Belichick is the head coach, this team will be competitive and always be in the fight for the AFCE Divison Crown. When he leaves the guy who follows him will never be able to fill his moccasins. New England will need a giant perkcoset.

LOL. It will probably be like after the Celtics of the 80's. That was pretty sad too. I agree with you about Belichick. As long as he's here they'll be competitive.

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question... I remember sitting on those steel bleachers, watching some pretty pathetic teams. Of course, those seats were cheap. dollarwise. What will happen in today's economy? What's a "cheap seat" go for in Gillette? I hope that people will still support the team, when the inevitable decline happens. I mean, if the Bills fans can do it...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question... I remember sitting on those steel bleachers, watching some pretty pathetic teams. Of course, those seats were cheap. dollarwise. What will happen in today's economy? What's a "cheap seat" go for in Gillette? I hope that people will still support the team, when the inevitable decline happens. I mean, if the Bills fans can do it...
I know they are the New England Patriots, but Boston fans as a whole are pretty loyal.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were at BWW on Sunday to catch the Pats/Browns game and I may have said a few times "No touchdowns allowed".
My son agreed.
Then about halfway through the first quarter he said " You know we have it pretty good as fans when you no longer hope your team is going to win, but hope the defense will be historic.".

Yep.
Got it good, we do.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a "cheap seat" go for in Gillette?
You want a good laugh?? When Gillette opened, I was offered a chance to buy 12 seats in the second tier, undercover with a room behind them where the 12 people could stay inside if the weather was brutal. I could have had a 45" TV installed. You could also purchase catering with snacks or more depending on how much you were willing to spend.

My wife would not let me spend $30,000 for 12 seats from 2001-2011. Yep, had to buy those seats for ten years at $3000 per year. 10 games per year. $25 per seat. In 2002 and 2003 seasons, I could have sold the playoff tickets for more than I would have paid for those seats for 10 years. How about regular game seats during the Randy Moss years and those playoffs in 2008 during the undefeated year? Here's the real laugh. If I had renewed those same seats in 2011 for one year, they would have cost me $300,000. In 2019, I would have to guess that those 12 seats cost no less than $400,000-$500,000. No way could I buy them today unless I offered them out to partners and made them pay for mine.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your grandson is impressive if he knew the 9-7 team from his first year of life.

Expectations will be reset when Brady leaves. BB will have a harder time than most expect because not only will he lose his GOAT QB, he will also losing the GOAT salesman for the Patriot way. The Patriot way needs to be bought into and regulated by the players. I know we really only have 2000 to reflect back on, but 2000 didn't look so hot.

Trust me, I'm not predicting bad things at all. But how the Patriot way works has to be understood with the elements that have made it work. BB has been a master at putting it together by gathering the right players to always have a better "sum of the parts" than any team probably ever. That "sum of the parts" takes more than just BB, especially since a lot of it requires sacrifices often, by everyone.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting that not going far in the playoffs has been less painful than the Super Bowl losses. For me anyways.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that not going far in the playoffs has been less painful than the Super Bowl losses. For me anyways.....
But it does point out this: All post season losses are equal. Anyone who thinks 4-0 in a Super Bowl is better than 4-1,4-2 or even 4-12 is elevating whoever they root for by not counting losses in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs entirely.

Sorry Pittsburgh, but 6-5 in Super Bowls is better than 6-2.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it does point out this: All post season losses are equal. Anyone who thinks 4-0 in a Super Bowl is better than 4-1,4-2 or even 4-12 is elevating whoever they root for by not counting losses in earlier rounds or even not making the playoffs entirely.

Sorry Pittsburgh, but 6-5 in Super Bowls is better than 6-2.

What say ye, @SteelersPride ? Wouldyou give up a 6-2 SB record for 6-5 and like the extra appearances?