• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Superbowl Question

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats could well be on their way to yet another SB this year, if memory serves that would be SB appearance 11. We all know they have won six SB all of this is pretty amazing in the FA period with one coach and one QB. My question do you find yourself less elated than you were when the Pats won their first SB?

For me yes absolutely, seem the excitement of it all has lost it's luster. While I am happy they do well I no longer get that feeling of elation I once had. What say you?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The win over the Rams is the most special to me. Right down to the wire.
I was amped up for days after that game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats could well be on their way to yet another SB this year, if memory serves that would be SB appearance 11. We all know they have won six SB all of this is pretty amazing in the FA period with one coach and one QB. My question do you find yourself less elated than you were when the Pats won their first SB?

For me yes absolutely, seem the excitement of it all has lost it's luster. While I am happy they do well I no longer get that feeling of elation I once had. What say you?

2001 W
2003 W
2004 W
2014 W
2016 W
2018 W

2019 would make it 12!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How this franchise has changed since I first started watching them.
I grew up dreaming of the Pat's just sniffing a Super Bowl. Let this sink in: They have played in 1 of every 5 ever played!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How this franchise has changed since I first started watching them.
My 1st game was 11/12/67 at fenway vs chiefs When they introduced the Chiefs ernie ladd (6"9 290 ) came out with noland smith (5'5 154) a KR Pats sucked that day but got to see my fav player jim no neck nance

Boston fans had the celtics back then and the bruins but in 2001 everything changed for me and my fellow pats fans and then it all got topped off by 2004 when sox did the same Its funny living in Ga now and the agony of being an Atlanta fan I understand how they feel:suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 1st game was 11/12/67 at fenway vs chiefs When they introduced the Chiefs ernie ladd (6"9 290 ) came out with noland smith (5'5 154) a KR Pats sucked that day but got to see my fav player jim no neck nance

Boston fans had the celtics back then and the bruins but in 2001 everything changed for me and my fellow pats fans and then it all got topped off by 2004 when sox did the same Its funny living in Ga now and the agony of being an Atlanta fan I understand how they feel:suds:
but Atlanta has never had much where Boston has always had past glories.. Maybe we gave away Babe Ruth, but we had him first.. Even the one World Series seemed muted by the fact they could have had 5 from that team.

PatsFanInColtsCountry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw a game at Fenway in '67... I don't remember who they played or who won, but I think the hot dogs were pretty good.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without reading any of the other responses...

No.
I am just as excited every time they take the field.
I hate to see them lose regular season or playoffs.
I get nervous whenever the score is close and always think there is a chance that the other team could pull a buttfumble type game with comedic sets of turnovers leading up to 3 TD's in a minute, all three phases scored in a minute or so if I remember.
Every year I temper myself by saying I never thought they would win the first SB, everything has been gravy ever since, and it is true.
But I like good, thick, rich, homemade, never ending, full fat gravy. On my potato, my turkey, my squash, my sweet potato, and my stuffing. Mopped up with a warm buttered roll.

We are witnessing history and I love it.
I relish it because I was a fan when they were breaking out with good teams in the '70's and came close before.
If it all ended tomorrow I would die a happy fan, if it goes another 20 years under Jonathan, Skippy and another QB or three, I will be a happy, excited fan.

Thank you Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Thank You.

And my wife, usually by July, sometimes June is usually saying "God I'm ready for some football."

Fuck yeah.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more pumped about a Super Bowl in Feb. 2020 than any other.

This would be the tiebreaker with the Steelers for 6 Lombardis.

Brady and Belichick would never ever be touched as a QB and HC with 7 SB Rings together.

This would cement the Patriots as the greatest dynasty in professional sports history.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The win over the Falcons remains my favorite. I don't know that I love winning any less now but I do remember the elation back in 2001. Once the Rams tied it up I thought it was over for the Pats which was normal back then. When they won it was a holy shit moment for sure. Amendola getting the two point conversion to tie the game against the Falcons was fucking epic. I'm getting goosebumps.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The win over the Falcons remains my favorite. I don't know that I love winning any less now but I do remember the elation back in 2001. Once the Rams tied it up I thought it was over for the Pats which was normal back then. When they won it was a holy shit moment for sure. Amendola getting the two point conversion to tie the game against the Falcons was fucking epic. I'm getting goosebumps.
I think the Falcons win was also my favorite.

My wife and friends had given up on the game went outside to sit by the fire and party. I as alone watching the game, they tried get me to come outside the game was over. I held tight alone, and watched. Finally with the game tied I went outside to tell them. Of course they were all pissed for not getting them during the comeback. But fuck them they quit not me. That was an amazing performance by the Pats./

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope still elated every time they win.

I don't have a favorite. If I was forced to pick it would have to be the first one. Just like your first kiss, lay, virgin you never forget.

The one I took the most joy from was the Seattle game. I was living in the PNW with all those damn 12s.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was my favorite because I thought for sure...100%...done deal the Seahawks were going to get the go ahead td. Butler came through with one of the best plays in NFL history. Falcons and the Rams volume 1 are probably tied for second.

I do get excited for every Super Bowl. But I guess I’m spoiled because I’m not as excited as the first couple.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was my favorite because I thought for sure...100%...done deal the Seahawks were going to get the go ahead td. Butler came through with the best play in NFL championship history. Falcons and the Rams volume 1 are probably tied for second.

I do get excited for every Super Bowl. But I guess I’m spoiled because I’m not as excited as the first couple.
FIFO

Add to this that the Pat's were down and fought back only to get screwed by another phantom catch... It seemed the continuation of the curse where Pats had defeat yanked from the jaws of victory with substantial help from a fluke catch.

This victory helped redeem some from the two Giant losses (pun intended).

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFO

Add to this that the Pat's were down and fought back only to get screwed by another phantom catch... It seemed the continuation of the curse where Pats had defeat yanked from the jaws of victory with substantial help from a fluke catch.

This victory helped redeem some from the two Giant losses (pun intended).

Exactly. After that fluke of a catch down the sideline, all I could think about was “Mother F’r!!! Not again!!??!!”

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, every one of their SBs are as exciting as their last as exemplified by last years biggest point spread of 10 points being their biggest SB ’blowout’ ...

SBs used to be some of the worst games of the season ... and even after dialing in my homerism I can’t remember a more exciting set of SBs than the Patriots’ ...

the coming fall, if I live that long, doesn’t scare me at all ... I figure I got enough homer gas in me to last a few decades after that ... like some here, I remember going to a game for the hotdogs ...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember going to a game for the hotdogs ...

Hot Dogs at Fenway were famously great from the 1920's into the 1970's. They were so in demand that the Red Sox gave Kayem a license to mass-produce "Fenway Franks" and offer them for sale to the public in grocery stores. As time has gone forward, the flavor of the Fenway Frank has diminished as the cost of ingredients has gone up. They're still 'good' but no longer 'great'.