• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Steep Road Ahead

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's enough credit 2 go around on the whole DEF. But Cully just makes me wanna BEAT HIM DOWN.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a fan of the nyc SB....but i think it would benefit the niners more than it would hurt them

good defense,running game and kaep seems like it work just fine in inclement weather

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I don't understand how people can put the blame 100% on Culliver for those bombs to Jacoby Jones and Boldin... obviously he was the last guy who completely fucked up and gave up the pass... but before that the pass rush inexcusably missed sacks and let Flacco escape to lob up those prayers. Flacco isn't the slowest QB, but there is no acceptable reason for the failed pass rush to turn him into the most elusive QB in SB history.

Culliver played like a guy who shouldn't even be in the NFL with how badly he reacted to those passes, but it's just silly for anyone to ignore that the pass rush failed the team before Culliver did on those plays.

Both the pass rush and the secondary were heavily exposed. How Brooks let Flacco get away on a few occasions is inexplicable. The defensive line just didn't have the depth to rotate starters similar to prior 49ers SB teams.

However, Culliver was easily the worst player for the 49ers on defense that night. And his comments earlier in the week didn't help his image in the bay area. If he's still on this team next year ...:gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When ever you go into bad weather conditions you want a great running game and a great defense so we're built for cold weather.

Also physicality helps in those kinds of games as well because the cold makes those hits hurt just a little more.

As far as our defense goes it was a team effort on the fail. The back end didn't pick up the front when they needed it and they front didn't pick up the back when they needed it.

Also to a lesser extent I blame the lack of depth and Fangio on this one. I think Fangio could use a little more complexity with his defenses and he relies a little too much on the talent to get it done. I just was amazing that every single analyst and fans could point out our weaknesses on defense and it seemed like we did little to change or try to cover those weaknesses.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the pass rush and the secondary were heavily exposed. How Brooks let Flacco get away on a few occasions is inexplicable. The defensive line just didn't have the depth to rotate starters similar to prior 49ers SB teams.

However, Culliver was easily the worst player for the 49ers on defense that night. And his comments earlier in the week didn't help his image in the bay area. If he's still on this team next year ...:gaah:

This.

Excellent post.

The Niners were fortunate to even be in the Super Bowl; they should have lost in Atlanta, but they got the breaks. They need to fix the DL and the secondary. I've got a feeling Baalke will.

We are set to contend for the next five years. Ravens can't say that.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, I hope it snows like crazy. The weather and elements are a part of football all year long, why shouldn't they be a part of the Super Bowl? I hope they start playing in cold weather cities more often.

Because the Superbowl is supposed to pit the two best teams on an equal playing field. Say the Dolphins or Chargers got in and played the Packers in a freezing cold stadium or even the snow. The Packers would clearly have an advantage. The playoffs... you earn those advantages. The Superbowl is an equal playing field.