• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Semi-Balanced Schedule.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked the unbalanced schedule and I didn't like to old completely balanced schedule (Where each league played the same oponents the same amount of times).... Teams in each division should play the same opponents the same amount of times.

Since interleague is apparently here to stay, I'd suggest 15 games only for each team. Rotate the divisions and the home/away. That would mean each team would visit an oppostite league stadium every seven year (which might boost the interest in interleague games). There would be plenty series to spread across the year. I'd also suggest the last place teams in each division get the final three series of the year - and the fouth place teams could get the first three series of the year...

Then two three games series againt each team in the other divisions within your league (one home, one away). That would only be 60 games.

The inter-divisional games could then be increased from 18 to 22. Any needed 4-game or 2-game series could be taken from these games. I guess the home and road split could vary by a game each year.

The extra game this formula gives us (163) could be taken away based on prior year's record.

:thrasher:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so you're suggesting more games against inter-divisional rivals? I'm not a fan of that. I think the 18 they already play is too many.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so you're suggesting more games against inter-divisional rivals? I'm not a fan of that. I think the 18 they already play is too many.

So, maybe three series against each non-divisional team? That woud lower the inter-divisional to 17 games each... But add extra cross-country trips....

I still think the division should be won by playing your own division....