• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A rule change idea

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what people are saying, but its simply the evolution of the game as well as the shortening of our attention spands. Basketball, like all sports, is simply entertainment, and entertainment is about money. Of course we are gonna gripe when things change. People griped about giving catchers protective gear. Hell people griped when they made baseball mitts mandatory.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what people are saying, but its simply the evolution of the game as well as the shortening of our attention spands. Basketball, like all sports, is simply entertainment, and entertainment is about money. Of course we are gonna gripe when things change. People griped about giving catchers protective gear. Hell people griped when they made baseball mitts mandatory.
Hell yeah! I really think it destroyed the game when they let hockey goalies wear masks AND pads. Pussies.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talk is about how the 3 pointer is ruining the game, making it boring. But you can't really move the line back any more because that makes it even more impossible for the defense to cover out to the 3 line and also cover inside.

How about just eliminating the corner 3? Instead of the 3 line bending and going straight down to the end line, just let the arc continue until it hits the sidelines. It will take away at least those super easy 3s...

I love it.

Narrow the lane too

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah! I really think it destroyed the game when they let hockey goalies wear masks AND pads. Pussies.
The addition of dribbling really ruined the core concept of the game but it sure as hell made it alot more fun to watch.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it.

Narrow the lane too
What I like about it is it's not some massive fundamental change. Just get rid of corner 3s and see if it helps reduce the overreliance on 3s

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like about it is it's not some massive fundamental change. Just get rid of corner 3s and see if it helps reduce the overreliance on 3s
Also prevents the massive need to rotate so quickly that allows actors like Harden to take advantage of.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talk is about how the 3 pointer is ruining the game, making it boring. But you can't really move the line back any more because that makes it even more impossible for the defense to cover out to the 3 line and also cover inside.

How about just eliminating the corner 3? Instead of the 3 line bending and going straight down to the end line, just let the arc continue until it hits the sidelines. It will take away at least those super easy 3s...
Ohh what the ....

And, it’s not a 3. It’s a J

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Widen the court to make the entirety of the arc from the basket the same length. I've been a proponent of this for 7 years. Modern players cover more ground anyway.

As for the midrange game's disappearance, experiment with decimal scoring in the G-League. Add a 2.5 line or see what happens if each three ball is worth .25-.5 less.

Nothing is more annoying than watching a player on your team catch the ball in the corner and being called for being out of bounds. That said, I would not be in favor of changing the dimensions of the court. Has there been another sport that has done this? I know baseball fields vary as to the distance to the outfield wall, but the diamond and the angle of the field has never changed. I believe that a football field has always been the same length and width, too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good rule change would be to mske traveling and palming the ball illegal.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good rule change would be to mske traveling and palming the ball illegal.

I'm not sure what they can really do with traveling. You'd have to watch in slow motion to really see if a player traveled.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be in favor of changing the dimensions of the court. Has there been another sport that has done this? I know baseball fields vary as to the distance to the outfield wall, but the diamond and the angle of the field has never changed. I believe that a football field has always been the same length and width, too.
The pitching mound was lowered in 1968 when pitchers had too much of an advantage. The corner 3 is still too rewarding for offenses to exploit; reducing the arc to not include the corners would change offenses dramatically. I suppose there might be a benefit for defenses in that they would then generally not prioritize rotating to defend those corner areas. I just see widening the court as a compromise that would alter playstyle less.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitching mound was lowered in 1968 when pitchers had too much of an advantage. The corner 3 is still too rewarding for offenses to exploit; reducing the arc to not include the corners would change offenses dramatically. I suppose there might be a benefit for defenses in that they would then generally not prioritize rotating to defend those corner areas. I just see widening the court as a compromise that would alter playstyle less.

I think the whole point is the part you said before also widening the court

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole point is the part you said before also widening the court
Indeed. The whole discussion is how to reduce the overreliance on the 3 ball without making massive changes to the game. Eliminating the corner 3 seems like a not too disruptive idea