• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Nuggets fan perspective on the Anthony Davis saga

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally, I was disappointed when I first heard the news the other day that Anthony Davis wanted a trade. But at the same time, I can't blame the guy too much considering he's kind of stuck right now. He knows that if he's not traded within the next week that he'll almost certainly be traded to Boston in the summer. And if he's not sold on Boston, it does in fact make sense to make his intentions known now...

Gary Harris is a very frustrating player with all his injuries, and I wouldn't hesitate to make him a centerpiece of an AD deal. However, New Orleans is almost certainly going to want more than that, as they should. Denver as it stands has a very good roster right now and by all means does not need to make a deal at the deadline. Yes, we stand to lose at least one of either Millsap or Lyles during the summer, so if nothing else we'll have open roster spots to fill potential holes.

All in all, I would hate to make a deal for the sole purpose of preventing the Lakers from getting Davis. They are the ones that need Davis to keep pace with us, not the other way around. The only way I would include Jamal Murray in a deal for AD would be if Elfrid Payton was coming back the other way, and even then I would be hesitant.

So yes, lo and behold it is possible for a mid-market fan to not want a superstar-level player like a Durant or Davis on his team. Who would have thought? :scratch:

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Kentucky guy, if you can get Davis and give up Jamaal to do it, you do it, I promise.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally, I was disappointed when I first heard the news the other day that Anthony Davis wanted a trade. But at the same time, I can't blame the guy too much considering he's kind of stuck right now. He knows that if he's not traded within the next week that he'll almost certainly be traded to Boston in the summer. And if he's not sold on Boston, it does in fact make sense to make his intentions known now...

Gary Harris is a very frustrating player with all his injuries, and I wouldn't hesitate to make him a centerpiece of an AD deal. However, New Orleans is almost certainly going to want more than that, as they should. Denver as it stands has a very good roster right now and by all means does not need to make a deal at the deadline. Yes, we stand to lose at least one of either Millsap or Lyles during the summer, so if nothing else we'll have open roster spots to fill potential holes.

All in all, I would hate to make a deal for the sole purpose of preventing the Lakers from getting Davis. They are the ones that need Davis to keep pace with us, not the other way around. The only way I would include Jamal Murray in a deal for AD would be if Elfrid Payton was coming back the other way, and even then I would be hesitant.

So yes, lo and behold it is possible for a mid-market fan to not want a superstar-level player like a Durant or Davis on his team. Who would have thought? :scratch:

We all know you think that.

But, you have also proven to have a complete inability to value NBA players and their worth to a franchise.

Denver could become a player for AD, but they would probably have to deal Harris, Porter, Murray + Picks. And yes, I am sure NO would be willing to send back Payton if they liked the haul for Davis, but Payton is freaking horrible. You would be better off including Millsap + a couple picks and trying to get Holliday too.

That said, the Nuggets shouldn't give all that up because they are pretty darn good now with a developing core and AD would probably not resign in 2 years.

It is rather funny though, that you understand AD doing this when you wished Paul George a broken leg for the exact same thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's probably why Indiana or Denver has never won a title...ever think of it that way lol. For the most part, especially now, you need superstars to win in this league. That is a fact.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD really only cares about winning championships he should be chomping at the bit to go to Boston. If he really wanted to leave NO before the end of the season he should have made his feelings known last offseason.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AD really only cares about winning championships he should be chomping at the bit to go to Boston. If he really wanted to leave NO before the end of the season he should have made his feelings known last offseason.
He only cares about winning championships.*

*in Los Angeles

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When a player says they want to be traded to the Lakers - you don't know if that is correct. We don't know if a player is saying that because they are upset with the organization and trying to make their point by throwing a name out there. In Boston - Davis and Irving would be a pretty good combination - unless Irving jumps ship and joins the Lakers this summer in which case, Davis would be screwed again. Either way - He signed the contract he has to play where he is sent and it will not be the Lakers - if you are the Pelicans - you are going to make a trade to prevent the Lakers from getting him - Especially since they have already accused the Lakers or tampering via LeBron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a player says they want to be traded to the Lakers - you don't know if that is correct. We don't know if a player is saying that because they are upset with the organization and trying to make their point by throwing a name out there. In Boston - Davis and Irving would be a pretty good combination - unless Irving jumps ship and joins the Lakers this summer in which case, Davis would be screwed again. Either way - He signed the contract he has to play where he is sent and it will not be the Lakers - if you are the Pelicans - you are going to make a trade to prevent the Lakers from getting him - Especially since they have already accused the Lakers or tampering via LeBron
theres about a 100x better chance that Kyrie goes to New York then LA. No fucking way Irving goes to the LAkers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres about a 100x better chance that Kyrie goes to New York then LA. No fucking way Irving goes to the LAkers.
Actually I said something similar. I NEVER say Never because like you I think many of these players are kind of loco, but the general opinion on RealGm is that Irving was just smacking his lips

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I know you are howling at the moon and praying to your moon God that doesnt happen, not that I blame you. IRVING, LeBron and Leonard would be one hell of a team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never say never when it comes to Kyrie. I don't think he goes to LA, but who knows what that cat is thinking about anything.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know you think that.

But, you have also proven to have a complete inability to value NBA players and their worth to a franchise.

Denver could become a player for AD, but they would probably have to deal Harris, Porter, Murray + Picks. And yes, I am sure NO would be willing to send back Payton if they liked the haul for Davis, but Payton is freaking horrible. You would be better off including Millsap + a couple picks and trying to get Holliday too.

That said, the Nuggets shouldn't give all that up because they are pretty darn good now with a developing core and AD would probably not resign in 2 years.

It is rather funny though, that you understand AD doing this when you wished Paul George a broken leg for the exact same thing.

Makes very little sense for Denver to get involved......they have been playing well this season, despite IT and Porter not playing at all. And the injuries they've had.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He very well could but you'd have to be totally ignoring his recent comments about reuniting with James to disregard it as a possibility.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

Just like there is no chance LeBron signs in LA without a second star and no chance McGee averages 8 points a game.

It is more likely than not that Kyrie ends up somewhere other than LA, but there is much greater chance of it than you care to admit.

Of course, if it did actually happen it would prove all along that the city of Cleveland and Dan Gilbert were really the problems all along. More Gilbert.

Wiggy likes to completely ignore anything that doesn't fit his personal narrative.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But didn't he give them a chance to try and get it together this year? Isn't that better than not giving them a shot at least to try and contend and build a roster around him? Say the right thing and give it one last try before making it clear? I mean him wanting a trade when they are well out of the playoff race... again, isn't exactly a surprise here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much does Boston give up to get AD? Likely Tatum/Brown/Smart and picks at minimum. What's left? A free agent in Kyrie that could jump ship, broken Hayward, old Al Horford, Baynes (if he doesn't opt out) and a few young players. Rozier, Theis and Morris are free agents that could be gone (or retained at elevated salaries). It could take a while to build around Kyrie and AD, and that's if Kyrie stays (he could join another max player with the Knicks, or potentially join AD and Lebron with the Lakers).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Just like there is no chance LeBron signs in LA without a second star and no chance McGee averages 8 points a game.

It is more likely than not that Kyrie ends up somewhere other than LA, but there is much greater chance of it than you care to admit.

Of course, if it did actually happen it would prove all along that the city of Cleveland and Dan Gilbert were really the problems all along. More Gilbert.

Wiggy likes to completely ignore anything that doesn't fit his personal narrative.

It's all about Gilbert IMO. Sure, it's not easy to entice people to spend the majority of their year in Cleveland, but there are worse destinations. Winning cures most, but a poison owner is hard to overcome (like the Knicks, but they have the lure of "the mecca").

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does Boston give up to get AD? Likely Tatum/Brown/Smart and picks at minimum. What's left? A free agent in Kyrie that could jump ship, broken Hayward, old Al Horford, Baynes (if he doesn't opt out) and a few young players. Rozier, Theis and Morris are free agents that could be gone (or retained at elevated salaries). It could take a while to build around Kyrie and AD, and that's if Kyrie stays (he could join another max player with the Knicks, or potentially join AD and Lebron with the Lakers).

Probably not much. Especially with AD not listing them as a team he would re-sign with. If he's listed those four teams, it will be tough to outbid them knowing he's likely just a year and a half rental

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Kentucky guy, if you can get Davis and give up Jamaal to do it, you do it, I promise.

Welcome to the pro game, young fella. Just because one wins a title at the college level don't mean he's destined to win in the pros.

See: Anthony, Carmelo.