• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A New Brand of Hatred

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. It was pretty easy for me to hate the Seahawks. I was a Chiefs fan as a kid and the Seahawks were mostly punching bags back then but the Seahawks just flat out owned the Rams from close to a decade.

Chiefs were tough back in the day, for sure... The Nigerian nightmare... Remember this game ? DT ALMOST got sake #8 but Dave Krieg somehow pulled out a last second miracle...

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid a bit more success and Cubs fans are going to be as insufferable as Red Sox/New England fans.

I used to be a big Red Sox fan. I'd gone to school for a while in Boston, went to a few games, loved the history and the fact that they were perpetual underdogs and, most importantly, the anti-Yankees. I had a blast in 2004, but after they won again in 2007, the entire culture changed. Almost overnight, their franchise and their fanbase went from being the anti-Yankees, to Yankees Lite: all the arrogance with a fraction of the success.
Red Sox and New England fans are no different than any other group. They have a bunch of crap fans who come out when the team is successful. It's just they've been so successful over the last 15 years, that they are going to be the most prominent "annoying fanbase". People who change their mind about a fanbase after success are just naive to the fact that it happens to every single team. At least Red Sox fans have shown that they will attend games no matter what. 2015 Red Sox came in last place for the 2nd straight year, and still drew 33,000 on their last home game of the season. Compare that to teams like the Indians, who this year, in their last home game, with a chance to clinch the division for the first time in 9 years, on a Sunday afternoon, had 24,000 in attendance. And their mid week games drew as few as 11,000 people, during a playoff run in September.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs were tough back in the day, for sure... The Nigerian nightmare... Remember this game ? DT ALMOST got sake #8 but Dave Krieg somehow pulled out a last second miracle...

I vaguely remember watching that game as I was only 7 years old but I do remember some close games. I was a Chiefs fan from about 88-98 and then now again after the Rams left so I'm probably not in the hardcore Chiefs fans camp that Moose on 3rd or ChiefsLakers is.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox and New England fans are no different than any other group. They have a bunch of crap fans who come out when the team is successful. It's just they've been so successful over the last 15 years, that they are going to be the most prominent "annoying fanbase". People who change their mind about a fanbase after success are just naive to the fact that it happens to every single team. At least Red Sox fans have shown that they will attend games no matter what. 2015 Red Sox came in last place for the 2nd straight year, and still drew 33,000 on their last home game of the season. Compare that to teams like the Indians, who this year, in their last home game, with a chance to clinch the division for the first time in 9 years, on a Sunday afternoon, had 24,000 in attendance. And their mid week games drew as few as 11,000 people, during a playoff run in September.

Also, the whole "your fanbase sucks, Indians fan" is very Yankee-liteish.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was at school in Boston in the mid 90's, tickets were cheap because no one was going.

Maybe because it's fucking baseball.

why-is-yawning-contagious01.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid a bit more success and Cubs fans are going to be as insufferable as Red Sox/New England fans.

I used to be a big Red Sox fan. I'd gone to school for a while in Boston, went to a few games, loved the history and the fact that they were perpetual underdogs and, most importantly, the anti-Yankees. I had a blast in 2004, but after they won again in 2007, the entire culture changed. Almost overnight, their franchise and their fanbase went from being the anti-Yankees, to Yankees Lite: all the arrogance with a fraction of the success.
Everything fanbase is the same and yet every fanbase is different, too.

Boston fans almost seem like Hockey fans at their core. A tough Northern attitude with consistent confidence.
KC has a very college basketball type of fanbase. Loud and emotional
STL being a midwestern baseball town is a bit of an oxymoron so in a way its a lot like a college football powerhouse.
Chicago Cubs give me a Miami Heat vibe from their fanbase. Some hardcore loyalists but mostly just people being trendy.

Last edited:

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm 51 posts in, and all I've done is bitch at people who think different than me, and who dare question muh team."

Good job dodging the fact that you were the one not keeping up. I'll take the dodge as an apology.

Concerning the 'think differently' bit, if you don't want to be corrected, don't say dumb things.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say your fanbase sucks, I said they don't go to the games.

True that.

I'd go so far as to say that even if the Indians remain competitive in 2017 and make the playoffs, I would be surprised if their attendance is any more that middle of the pack for the regular season.

The park is badass, too. It was nice before, but they've made some really cool additions the previous two offseason.

Cleveland's economy isn't tearing the cover off the ball. Frankly, I think the Indians are competing against the Browns and Cavs for attendance - Cleveland is a football town, so the Browns will always be #1 here, and with Lebron here, Cavs are a big priority too. Then you add the fact that they might have the smallest geographical/population base in MLB - the Lake immediately to the north, Pirates country about two hours east, Reds country starts about two and a half hours south, about three hours west and you start hitting Tigers and Cubs fans.

Tough sell, I guess.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job dodging the fact that you were the one not keeping up. I'll take the dodge as an apology.

Concerning the 'think differently' bit, if you don't want to be corrected, don't say dumb things.

More playing dumb?

Here's your order dipshit.

1)You act like a douche-nozzle.

2)I react accordingly, telling you to get fucked.

3)You continue to act like an ass.

4)I joke about you being a tough guy

5)You play dumb, and just start repeating, "I know you are, but what am I?"

We all caught up?

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More playing dumb?

Here's your order dipshit.

1)You act like a douche-nozzle.

2)I react accordingly, telling you to get fucked.

3)You continue to act like an ass.

4)I joke about you being a tough guy

5)You play dumb, and just start repeating, "I know you are, but what am I?"

We all caught up?

Reminding the audience that running the ball doesn't guarantee positive yardage "acting like a douche-nozzle," sweetheart.

Me calling you sweetheart is maybe acting like a douche-nozzle. See the difference?

Or, you posting a "Go f*** yourself" meme in response to me saying that that running the ball doesn't guarantee positive yardage……that's being a 'douch-nozzle.'

Understand? Good.

NOW WE CAN HEAL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more myth than reality. Sometime that been used to explain almost every bad play an opposing team has ever had against the Patriots.

It's a far better explanation than being outplayed and outcoached.
~See SB 49 Goal line stance, Malcolm Butler INT~

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats fans use the trump rule if I say it must be the only truth . while everyone blames the falcon D the pats ran 90 some plays and they was bone ass tired they played a helluva game . injuries are a bitch the seahawks and falcons lost key players to injury during the games and the refs did their part as well .
Not that I can fathom the Colts winning another SB in my lifetime, but if they did I wonder if you would post more about their win or this Pats win?

The Butt hurt is far too strong for you. Let it go.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me telling you it's time to pull your pants up on my first interaction with you ever, because I didn't agree with what you said, is just me being a douche-nozzle.

You responding with, Go fuck yourself, is how any grown man would react to such douchebaggery.

Got it.:thumb:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I looked up the claim the pats was good in the 90s . they went 69-92 in the 90's

90 1 - 15
91 6-10
92 2 - 14
93 5 - 11
94 10-6
95 6 - 10
96 11-5
97 10 - 6
98 9-7
99 8-8

only a pats fan would think this was very good and dominating .it looks to me they was so so in the 90s
so only 4 winning records out of 10 .

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should fire his ass right now.

At the end of next year, the 49ers will have made more 3rd downs than Atlanta.
Falcons fired their defense staff when it was Atlanta's offense that could not sustain drives.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO YOUR RAM TEAM WAS THE FIRST TO GET THE SPY GATE ! SOME FORGET THAT SPY GATE per NFL WAS FROM 2002 - 2007 . BUT THE RAMS SAID THE PATS KNEW THE PLAY THEY WAS RUNNING BRFORE THE PLAY . YES GOATS OF ALL TIME . THAT TAKES CARE OF FIRST 3 RINGS last 2 was just run the ball assholes then kraft would have a banner for 0-7 in super bowl games

Watcha drinkin, Teddy??????