• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A good take on the whole Modano/Detroit age thing

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Kenny Holland. (your king):D

“We’re not expecting them (older players) to come here and do all of the heavy lifting,” Holland said. “When Hull and Robitaille came here, (Nicklas) Lidstrom, and (Steve) Yzerman and (Sergei) Fedorov, and others were in the prime of their careers. Hull and Robitaille could come here and be real good supporting pieces, and we could play to their strengths.”

The same offer has been made to Modano, who played in 1,459 games for the Stars’ organization – both in Minnesota and Dallas – and netted 557 goals and 802 assists. He ranks No. 23 in NHL history for points scored (1,359) and No. 13 in game-winning goals (91).

“When you look at our team today, the heavy lifting is really done up front with Zetterberg and Datsyuk, and on defense Rafalski and Lidstrom, Kronwall and Stuart,” Holland said. “The Modanos, (Chris) Chelios, (Todd) Bertuzzis, they just have to come in and really just be real good supporting pieces.

“These players come in and accept a little bit of a lesser role. They want an opportunity to compete for the Cup. As a player, and as a fan, the biggest thing that you can have is hope. And if everything goes right, we can go for a long playoff run, and that’s one of the reasons why they come here, because we provide hope, we provide potential that if everything goes right we can go for a long run.”

The Red Wings visit Dallas on Oct. 14 when the Stars play their home opener at American Airlines Arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
any word on what number Modano will switch to?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any word on what number Modano will switch to?

I think #90 is the front-runner...

/I guess Taylor Hall won't wear #4 out of respect for Kevin Lowe - That's right, respect for Kevin Lowe, that's a real knee-slapper.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
/I guess Taylor Hall won't wear #4 out of respect for Kevin Lowe - That's right, respect for Kevin Lowe, that's a real knee-slapper.

kids these days. :eek:

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Freep is reporting 90.

on a related note, it makes me a proud husband that my wife wondered what number he was gonna wear too. Hockey savvy woman, Business degree, and will have my babies!? That's a hatty for Matty!

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that article is almost like ken holland calling the world in his office and telling everyone how its gonna go down

k-hol layin down the law

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best GM in the league (with a pretty good assistant in Jim Nill)