• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few things - some good - some bad

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back a few seasons, the writing was on the wall for Talib's departure .. His salary/contract, age, etc, I knew it was inevitable .. and I dreaded it because A) I love him as a player and B) I knew Roby would be put in his spot ..

( OC, don;t hate me for this !! )

Roby is great as a 3rd CB .. He fit that role in the NFZ to a T .. But over the years, when called upon, you look at 3rd and long, or when a team needed a big play, they went at Roby - and if he didn;t get a flag, he gave up the catch ..

When we played in NO - the Justin Simmons game - a perfect example of Roby giving up the last minute, tying TD ... I don;t see him having a slow start, I just see him as a 3rd CB .. He is what he is, and I wouldn't hold my breath as far as him improving ..

Marshall,on the other hand, has taken a nosedive the first two games ... It may very well be the weights loss - I was surprised when I first read about him losing the weight, as I thought he was an excellent player where is was - why mess with a good thing ??

If the logic was losing weight would make him better in coverage, well' we haven't seen it ...

I think the situation w/Roc, errr, I mean Roby and BM's situation are very different ...

I love Roby, but you’re absolutely correct. I’ve been clamoring since the day we traded Talib that we would regret it. He was the heartbeat of our defense, and their identity is a shell of its former self

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, DT does drop passes. On average, about 10 per year. That's pretty consistently about 5%, which is damn near elite status.

It's not the drops, it's when he drops it that's the most irritating.

Dropped Passes: 2013 NFL Season

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, DT does drop passes. On average, about 10 per year. That's pretty consistently about 5%, which is damn near elite status.

It's not the drops, it's when he drops it that's the most irritating.

Dropped Passes: 2013 NFL Season

It is just infuriating when you see him make such a great catch like he did in week 1 to give us the go ahead TD then when we need a catch to get into field goal range week 2 he puts it on the turf. You are right you just can't trust him in the big moments of games.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just infuriating when you see him make such a great catch like he did in week 1 to give us the go ahead TD then when we need a catch to get into field goal range week 2 he puts it on the turf. You are right you just can't trust him in the big moments of games.

He does, but I have a feeling with CK throwing DT is going to have a game where he just rips a defense a new one. He starts slow as it is, but he did have a clutch catch for a game winner against the Seahawks.

I don’t know what his issue is right now but it definitely does seem some games he just doesn’t have his head in it. That Raiders game definitely was one of those.

Not sure I’ll be able to actually watch today’s game, but I hope DT has a better performance. He’s been a great Bronco player and I’d love to see him finish his stint with us strong.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does, but I have a feeling with CK throwing DT is going to have a game where he just rips a defense a new one. He starts slow as it is, but he did have a clutch catch for a game winner against the Seahawks.

I don’t know what his issue is right now but it definitely does seem some games he just doesn’t have his head in it. That Raiders game definitely was one of those.

Not sure I’ll be able to actually watch today’s game, but I hope DT has a better performance. He’s been a great Bronco player and I’d love to see him finish his stint with us strong.

Didn't I read somewhere DT thought about quitting or retiring this season? I love the guy - sustained greatness over a long period of time. Either you're in or you're out in the game at this level.