• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few post game notes

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early for any official injury status reports, but Kyle Long was on crutches immediately after the game. Even assuming there are no tears or breaks, it's hard to believe that he'll be back any time soon. I'm guessing a best case scenario is a minimum of 2 games out, maybe even 3. If he gets put on IR, that would pretty much end his season.

Do Mack and Robinson sit another week? We've seen how they have been playing while not being close to 100%. It would be ideal to rest them again if they aren't up to full speed. Yes, we're facing one of the weakest teams on our schedule next week, but then again, look at how we barely made it out of Arizona with a W. Any given Sunday.........

Speaking of next week, we'll get to see the Bills in action tonite against the Pats at home, where we'll be facing them next week. Not exactly a blueprint for our game, but we should at least keep our eyes out for their playmakers on both sides of the ball. The Bills offense is horrendous, but their defense is damn solid.

I wish the sports writers would quit reading my posts before submitting their articles. Just about all of them have singled out the play from Bryce Callahan yesterday, one even giving him a game ball. Quit reading my posts writers!!!! :rolleyes2:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more note: Doesn't the trade deadline end tomorrow afternoon? If so, here's a possibility. The Texans lost Will Fuller for the year. What if we were to dangle White, maybe asking for a 7th or conditional 6th rounder for him? Doubt we'd even get a 6th, being he's in his walk year, but maybe the Texans will bite.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine if Mack/Robinson sit again. I think we can handle Buffalo and Derek Anderson without them. We need a healthy Mack for the ensuing divisional games.

Sucks about Long man... He just can't stay healthy

And yes... Callahan is a great nickel. Sites like PFF and football outsiders give him tons of love.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine if Mack/Robinson sit again. I think we can handle Buffalo and Derek Anderson without them. We need a healthy Mack for the ensuing divisional games.

Sucks about Long man... He just can't stay healthy

And yes... Callahan is a great nickel. Sites like PFF and football outsiders give him tons of love.

I should know this, but I don't......do they award a PB slot for nickel backs? If they do, then Callahan has to be a prime candidate for such, at least up to this point in the season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should know this, but I don't......do they award a PB slot for nickel backs? If they do, then Callahan has to be a prime candidate for such, at least up to this point in the season.

Nah. They just vote "cornerbacks" in.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of next week, we'll get to see the Bills in action tonite against the Pats at home, where we'll be facing them next week. Not exactly a blueprint for our game, but we should at least keep our eyes out for their playmakers on both sides of the ball. The Bills offense is horrendous, but their defense is damn solid.

Pretty much just as I suspected. The Bills offense has trouble scoring points, but their defense is legit. The Pats won tonite 25-6, but the game was actually closer than the score would otherwise indicate. The Bills were moving the chains ok, but bogged down once they were inside the Pats 30. That D of theirs is big, strong, and quick. They play a lot of soft cover 2 zone and do a credible job of adhering to the old bend/don't break approach. I see Trubisky having another banner day running the ball on RPOs, and when passing, I'm looking for a bunch of crossing patterns and finding Burton in the middle 10-15 yard range. We'll need the W big time this week if we expect to be contending for a postseason berth.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much just as I suspected. The Bills offense has trouble scoring points, but their defense is legit. The Pats won tonite 25-6, but the game was actually closer than the score would otherwise indicate. The Bills were moving the chains ok, but bogged down once they were inside the Pats 30. That D of theirs is big, strong, and quick. They play a lot of soft cover 2 zone and do a credible job of adhering to the old bend/don't break approach. I see Trubisky having another banner day running the ball on RPOs, and when passing, I'm looking for a bunch of crossing patterns and finding Burton in the middle 10-15 yard range. We'll need the W big time this week if we expect to be contending for a postseason berth.

It's perfectly reasonable to be a little uneasy about going on the road where we've had some severe mental lapses and under performed. I expect us to win, but Buffalo's D could potentially keep them in a low scoring game like we saw with NE through the first three quarters last night. When you let teams hang around like that - weird things can happen down the stretch. Fortunately for New England - they're experienced, talented and well coached enough to put that game away late.

I do expect us to have our way with whoever starts at QB and with that O-line. If we can just score 20... I feel really, really good about the potential outcome.

If we can get up early in the game and force them to throw a lot. I think there's potential for us to really force a handful of turnovers and have a big time day defensively.

Oh, and Mack/Robinson should not play unless they are 100%. More important for the long-run that they are healthy. Not to mention, with our next three following Sunday being against divisional rivals.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more note: Doesn't the trade deadline end tomorrow afternoon? If so, here's a possibility. The Texans lost Will Fuller for the year. What if we were to dangle White, maybe asking for a 7th or conditional 6th rounder for him? Doubt we'd even get a 6th, being he's in his walk year, but maybe the Texans will bite.
Damn, I just knew the Texans would be on the lookout for a WR after the Fuller injury. Sure enough, they landed one. Demaryius Thomas was traded to them by the Broncos for a 4th rounder in '19. Wonder if Pace even bothered trying to dangle White out there.