• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A couple of observations

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get a chance to watch the game in real time so I just got done watching the tape. It gave me a chance to watch it critically without emotion since I already knew the outcome. Here are some observations I came away with:

1. Colt can be an OK QB in the right system but he really does lack arm strength, especially on the out throws or the corner throws in the end zone. He is probably not the long term answer.

2. Our OL really does suck. Compton is not NFL caliber. He might not make another NFL roster. Lavaou and Chester both have to be ranked among the worst in the league. Lichtensteiger is undersized and routinely gets pushed back, collapsing the pocket. Trent is hurt. He allowed 2 sacks today, where a guy just ran around him. Until the OL is fixed, it makes no difference who we roll out at QB.

3. Jordan Reed has the potential to be really really good......if he can stay on the field.

4. Garcon has given up. He has disappeared. I saw numerous times he half ran, half jogged his routes. We may want to seriously consider trading him.

5. Our DL is weak. Real weak. Jenkins is a non factor. Hatcher has been a bust, IMO. Baker has some skill. Keep him and get rid of the rest.

6. Robinson may be the most talented player on the team. What a stud. He is everywhere.

7. We don't have any safeties. Even when there are 2 on the field, we don't have any safeties. Thomas may be the only one worth keeping for another season.

8. Now I see why minnifield hasn't been able to get on the 53 man roster much.

9. Roberts isn't a big threat retuning kicks. He runs hard, but usually the first guy to hit him brings him down.

10. Our coaching is suspect. Across the board. Hasslett needs to go. Take Raheem with you. Gruden needs to consider giving up play calling and focus on being the HC. We need a real OC, not a kid that helped during the summer and seemed real bright.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apathy has set in for me and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I honestly see no hope for the next X number of years. Your list is complete and possibly missing even more problems.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get a chance to watch the game in real time so I just got done watching the tape. It gave me a chance to watch it critically without emotion since I already knew the outcome. Here are some observations I came away with:

1. Colt can be an OK QB in the right system but he really does lack arm strength, especially on the out throws or the corner throws in the end zone. He is probably not the long term answer.

2. Our OL really does suck. Compton is not NFL caliber. He might not make another NFL roster. Lavaou and Chester both have to be ranked among the worst in the league. Lichtensteiger is undersized and routinely gets pushed back, collapsing the pocket. Trent is hurt. He allowed 2 sacks today, where a guy just ran around him. Until the OL is fixed, it makes no difference who we roll out at QB.

3. Jordan Reed has the potential to be really really good......if he can stay on the field.

4. Garcon has given up. He has disappeared. I saw numerous times he half ran, half jogged his routes. We may want to seriously consider trading him.

5. Our DL is weak. Real weak. Jenkins is a non factor. Hatcher has been a bust, IMO. Baker has some skill. Keep him and get rid of the rest.

6. Robinson may be the most talented player on the team. What a stud. He is everywhere.

7. We don't have any safeties. Even when there are 2 on the field, we don't have any safeties. Thomas may be the only one worth keeping for another season.

9. Roberts isn't a big threat retuning kicks. He runs hard, but usually the first guy to hit him brings him down.

10. Our coaching is suspect. Across the board. Hasslett needs to go. Take Raheem with you. Gruden needs to consider giving up play calling and focus on being the HC. We need a real OC, not a kid that helped during the summer and seemed real bright.

1: I certainly hope you did not rank these according to priority. Jason Campbell could throw a mean out route. Colt is the best Quarterback we have on this team. Give him credit for coming in after never deserved being benched. His lack of a gun is probably the 95th most important thing on this team.

2: Obvious
3: Obvious
4: Pierre troubles me a little because he does not get great separation at the line. He can be a very effective receiver, but not how we use him. You mentioned a trade last week. This might be the way to go. He is a beast in the run game.
5: Baker seems to have the biggest heart on our Dline.
6: Robinson deserves a probowl this year.
7: I don't think Thomas has the speed to amount to anything on the backend. We are pitiful at safety.
8: Minnifield deserves a few more chances.
9: Roberts is an upgrade to what we have had returning punts. Had a great catch for a first down. He goes down too easy.
10: Obvious

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1: I certainly hope you did not rank these according to priority. Jason Campbell could throw a mean out route. Colt is the best Quarterback we have on this team. Give him credit for coming in after never deserved being benched. His lack of a gun is probably the 95th most important thing on this team.

2: Obvious
3: Obvious
4: Pierre troubles me a little because he does not get great separation at the line. He can be a very effective receiver, but not how we use him. You mentioned a trade last week. This might be the way to go. He is a beast in the run game.
5: Baker seems to have the biggest heart on our Dline.
6: Robinson deserves a probowl this year.
7: I don't think Thomas has the speed to amount to anything on the backend. We are pitiful at safety.
8: Minnifield deserves a few more chances.
9: Roberts is an upgrade to what we have had returning punts. Had a great catch for a first down. He goes down too easy.
10: Obvious

Not listed in priority, just as they came to me. If i listed them in priority, the coaching issue would probably be first.

I'm not taking anything away from Colt, just not convinced that he is the long term answer. He's not the reason we lost, but he also didn't do enough (especially in the 1st half with great field position) to win. But with this OL, its awfully hard to judge. I still think KC may be a better option (doesn't mean he's the long term answer, either), but clearly he has got to get over his melt down issues. I also won't be surprised if RG3 plays again this year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that the problems in the secondary go well beyond players lacking speed or talent. Those type of issues would be demonstrated by players getting beat by a step or two. With the Redskins defense we have seen numerous occasions (including yesterday) where players are wide open. Those appear to be a mental mistakes & those are either the result of poor coaching or players who are just not prepared mentally at this time (the defensive equivalent of the problems that RG3 encounters).

IMO the biggest issue rt now is coaching since - save for a game or two - they have shown absolutely nothing his season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty good list :suds: