• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A bit more on the Big XII and expansion..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma and Texas met late Sunday night. It sounds like Oklahoma is all but gone but Texas is trying to keep the band together.

Oklahoma has a meeting of the Boartonsay Tuesday or Wednesday to vote on a PAC 12 move.

Missouri called an emergency meeting TONIGHT of their board of Visitors. It is assumed this is a meeting to discuss their move away from the Big XII. They may have really liked their stay in Tempe, despite the loss.

Sorry, wish I had more, but will let you know when I do.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peeing-man.gif
..BIG XII

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oklahoma and Texas met late Sunday night. It sounds like Oklahoma is all but gone but Texas is trying to keep the band together.

Oklahoma has a meeting of the Boartonsay Tuesday or Wednesday to vote on a PAC 12 move.

Missouri called an emergency meeting TONIGHT of their board of Visitors. It is assumed this is a meeting to discuss their move away from the Big XII. They may have really liked their stay in Tempe, despite the loss.

What happens if OU, OSU and Missouri leave? Does Texas still view the conference as viable if they can add teams like SMU, Houston, Rice etc?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if OU, OSU and Missouri leave? Does Texas still view the conference as viable if they can add teams like SMU, Houston, Rice etc?

If Houston, Rice, SMU, TCU were viable options, they'd have already been added. Let's stop bringing up these teams, because they are not in the picture, and never were.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a bad feeling that Texas is going to dig in and either reconstitute the Big 12 after OU and OSU leave or they will go independent. If they do try to reconstitute the Big 12 it will have to incorporate schools that have no place in it unless you'd want to admit it was just a glorified Big East/ACC clone. And that's hard to fathom. Indy seems like a fool's choice too. Come on UT, bend a little damn it. The LHN just isn't worth the hassle of being in a crap conference or fighting the disadvantages of going indy. Remember: bowl tie ins discriminate against independence and scheduling would be a real bitch. OU's not backing down this time; so shake hands and agree to make a move to the Pac 12 with the Sooners in a way where everyone wins.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herky... what thread was that in?

I can't remember as I was just reading through a bunch... something to do with aTm threads...

By the way 46&2... they do not always list the agenda of everything in those links... so you could be correct... They are just required to post something for bylaw purposes I believe...

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herky... what thread was that in?

I can't remember as I was just reading through a bunch... something to do with aTm threads...

By the way 46&2... they do not always list the agenda of everything in those links... so you could be correct... They are just required to post something for bylaw purposes I believe...

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/college-football-forum-message-board-general-discussion/43566-expansion-news-46n2-means-unbiased-most-likely-accurate-9.html#post1100491

At the end of the agenda, this is listed

Presidential Search Executive Session

Upon conclusion of the board of curators executive session

The Presidential Search Committee will hold an executive session of the meeting on Sept. 12, 2011, pursuant to Section 610.021 (1), 610.021 (3), 610.021 (13) RSMo, for consideration of certain personnel and confidential or privileged communications with university counsel, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Presidential Search Committee.

They have their general items, the board of curators executive session and then the Presidential Search Executive Session.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cont...

Items identified as ***8220;information***8221; above are based on reasonable pre-meeting expectations, but all topics listed on the above agenda, including those identified as information items, may be the subject of votes in addition to discussion.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Face it Big12, Boise State is the best team to replace A&M right now. They are the TEAM. Everyone would tune in to watch them.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it Big12, Boise State is the best team to replace A&M right now. They are the TEAM. Everyone would tune in to watch them.

we probably are, the Big 12 doesn't care about academics so that problem is solved, if we are in the Big 12 our stadium would be expanded so that problem is solved, our basketball program doens't matter all too much to the Big 12 because they already have good basketball programs plus our basketball program is improving anyways as we're starting to put more money into it.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oklahoma rivals site is reporting that they will vote to leave on Monday.

***can't get a link***

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oklahoma to Pac12 is as
TCU to Big East.

Totally doesn't fit... some random team on the otherside of the country.