• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A-11 formations

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many A-11 formations are we going to see from the Pats, and do you think PC throws one in there just to show them we can do it too? What would happen if we sent a crazy 2 QB(with BJ?), 3 OL, 6 WR/TE set out there with 2 of the WR ineligible? Do you send all the players to the ref at the same time so the defense does not know who is declaring as ineligible?

Anyways, I hope the NFL squashes this in the off season, although I do find the concepts interesting.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think the A-11 formations they have shown the past two weeks were actually a foundation for if they played us in the SB. We play a vanilla scheme and it is tough to attack, so I think BB is thinking outside the box on how to beat our defensive scheme.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that the Seahawks will draw up anything too unconventional or gimmicky for this game. There might be trick plays, but I can't see Bevell drawing up weird formations or anything like that, and even if he did I can't see New England falling for it since Belichick does the same stuff and would know what's going on. That isn't to say that there won't be a few wrinkles put in on offense, but nothing too funky.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think we defend against the A-11 stuff? Just drop into zone?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did the Broncos....

I don't compare the teams. They are completely different and the Patriots are virtually completely healthy whereas Broncos were missing LT, LB, I think a CB and a Safety. Also, Manning had shown he had no accuracy on deep throws over 25 yards or so. This helped us bring Earl and Kam closer to the LOS.

NE is going to be very tough to stop and if we play any soft coverage on the receivers, Brady will pick us apart all day unless we send blitzes which we don't do often. Our pass rush is not the same as last year. The only question mark there is their center who is hurt but may play. I think Brady led the league in lowest time from snap to throw average.

If they run more A-11 looks and we play soft, it will be tough to counter. I know PC is working on it though.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't compare the teams. They are completely different and the Patriots are virtually completely healthy whereas Broncos were missing LT, LB, I think a CB and a Safety. Also, Manning had shown he had no accuracy on deep throws over 25 yards or so. This helped us bring Earl and Kam closer to the LOS.

NE is going to be very tough to stop and if we play any soft coverage on the receivers, Brady will pick us apart all day unless we send blitzes which we don't do often. Our pass rush is not the same as last year. The only question mark there is their center who is hurt but may play. I think Brady led the league in lowest time from snap to throw average.

If they run more A-11 looks and we play soft, it will be tough to counter. I know PC is working on it though.

Im not afraid of Brady throwing deep against the Hawks. GMC Playbook: What if Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers Switched Teams? - Acme Packing Company

However, I do think the protection will be better than Denvers last year. But I expect everything in the passing game to be in front of the defense.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. If they play that game then at some point a route's going to get jumped and it could end up bad for the Pats. It's not like we have a bunch of bone heads on defense. If they wan't to make inferior receivers eligible then so be it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there gonna run hurry up that's a given ... receivers do have to report eligible right ?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there gonna run hurry up that's a given ... receivers do have to report eligible right ?

Yes, but I am not sure if ineligible has to be reported over the PA or not. I am unclear on if that happened in their last two games. The deal here is you have 6 or 7 guys with eligible numbers on the field and 1 or 2 have to report to the ref as ineligible. Only 5 can go past the LOS on a pass play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I am not sure if ineligible has to be reported over the PA or not. I am unclear on if that happened in their last two games. The deal here is you have 6 or 7 guys with eligible numbers on the field and 1 or 2 have to report to the ref as ineligible. Only 5 can go past the LOS on a pass play.

Interesting...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is with ineligible receiver sets is they ( the ineligible player ) can still take a "backward" pass and run with it. It would be like pitching the ball to a guard, It is allowed. This is what makes it hard to cover. They end up with more skilled position players on the field and even if ineligible they can still get the ball and run with it.

Lucky for us the Hawks are filled with speed and athletic ability all over the field on defense and can have Wagner, Irvin, Wright, Avril, Bennett crushing these "ineligible" players leaving the CB's and Safeties to play normally :). Go for it Pats try and be cute!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not afraid of Brady throwing deep against the Hawks. GMC Playbook: What if Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers Switched Teams? - Acme Packing Company

However, I do think the protection will be better than Denvers last year. But I expect everything in the passing game to be in front of the defense.

Patriots throwing deep against the Hawks is suicide - unless set up by a bunch of complete short passes and a cheating secondary.

Patriots have a gazillion-plays to choose from that will be successful against Seattle. The question will be if we can keep the drives going. NE is going to score points and Seattle will not be able to do it all on defense. Seattle throws a few picks and it will get ugly quick. Control the ball and don't make mistakes and NE will struggle.

Don't flinch!!!!!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots throwing deep against the Hawks is suicide - unless set up by a bunch of complete short passes and a cheating secondary.

Patriots have a gazillion-plays to choose from that will be successful against Seattle. The question will be if we can keep the drives going. NE is going to score points and Seattle will not be able to do it all on defense. Seattle throws a few picks and it will get ugly quick. Control the ball and don't make mistakes and NE will struggle.

Don't flinch!!!!!

For the most part I agree, NE will score points, especially if they get in the red zone. Just don't sell the Seattle offense short. I think they were the number 5 offense in DVOA, one spot above the Pats, facing the number 11 defense.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is with ineligible receiver sets is they ( the ineligible player ) can still take a "backward" pass and run with it. It would be like pitching the ball to a guard, It is allowed. This is what makes it hard to cover. They end up with more skilled position players on the field and even if ineligible they can still get the ball and run with it.

Lucky for us the Hawks are filled with speed and athletic ability all over the field on defense and can have Wagner, Irvin, Wright, Avril, Bennett crushing these "ineligible" players leaving the CB's and Safeties to play normally :). Go for it Pats try and be cute!

They can also throw a bubble screen to a player behind the LOS, or direct snap to a RB with only 3 Oline and the WRs spread very wide. Lots of space to run. We do have good speed on defense, but still the possibilities are pretty crazy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can also throw a bubble screen to a player behind the LOS, or direct snap to a RB with only 3 Oline and the WRs spread very wide. Lots of space to run. We do have good speed on defense, but still the possibilities are pretty crazy.

And it is going to drive us crazy waiting for the game to see who fools who.....