• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9ers defense

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of the 4 starting linebackers are pro bowlers. The 4th guy is Aldon Smith. With Justin Smith and a rejuvenated Glenn Dorsey creating havoc in the middle it is really mesmerizing to watch them play. The goaline plays they make as a unit are awesome to watch. They are not a bend but don't break defense like we try to be(we break), they flat out abuse offenses. Haslett! We want that!

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have a couple 6 or 7 missing pieces on d to be compared to them, but I can dream

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of the 4 starting linebackers are pro bowlers. The 4th guy is Aldon Smith. With Justin Smith and a rejuvenated Glenn Dorsey creating havoc in the middle it is really mesmerizing to watch them play. The goaline plays they make as a unit are awesome to watch. They are not a bend but don't break defense like we try to be(we break), they flat out abuse offenses. Haslett! We want that!

Close your eyes, what do you see? Nothing! Because we don't have those type LB's or players for that matter on defense. I believe it all starts with a true NG and 2 ILB's to make it work. If that is the case, Coefield is not productive enough and Riley, Jr is an average ILB. We are missing 3 very important pieces. I believe Orakpo can be Aldon Smith but that's where it stops. So much improvement will have to be made on defense personnel wise to get this group back to respectability.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close your eyes, what do you see? Nothing! Because we don't have those type LB's or players for that matter on defense. I believe it all starts with a true NG and 2 ILB's to make it work. If that is the case, Coefield is not productive enough and Riley, Jr is an average ILB. We are missing 3 very important pieces. I believe Orakpo can be Aldon Smith but that's where it stops. So much improvement will have to be made on defense personnel wise to get this group back to respectability.

Agreed

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vorro, Patrick, Vernon ... they are all as nice as they are good football players. We all knew NaVorro was special from the time he was a kid but I didn't dream best ILB in the game. It was great when he came back to our HS to have his number retired the weekend they played Baltimore. There are several really good football players on that team from my neck of the woods.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vorro, Patrick, Vernon ... they are all as nice as they are good football players. We all knew NaVorro was special from the time he was a kid but I didn't dream best ILB in the game. It was great when he came back to our HS to have his number retired the weekend they played Baltimore. There are several really good football players on that team from my neck of the woods.

They do seem like really solid individuals. Navarro was freezing his ass off in the post game interview after the Green Bay game, but with teeth chattering he hung around for the full interview.

I really enjoy watching that defense. When they stop teams on 3rd down near the goal line, they don't go crazy. It is the whole act like you have done it before thing, and also more importantly they know teams might actually go for it on 4th down! Whereas our guys love the demonstrative celebration of the miracle 3rd down stop. What?? They are going for it on 4th down?? Time out!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was laughing when I saw NaVorro during that interview. He was one cold dude.

Bowman came out last summer and had a one camp for the kids in the township where we all grew up. He had about 5 guys from the team with him. There are a few players from PG County on the 49ers. Patrick came out with him. They are all very friendly guys and were good with the kids. My nephews who have know NaVorro since they were little had a great time being camp counselors.

Funny thing is we see a player once in awhile on TV that is a jackass but most of these guys are pretty good guys. When I was a teenager Larry Brown and Brig Owens used to come into the pizza place I worked. They were always great. Our HS football team has had Lamont Jordan working with the kids the past couple of years and NaVorro comes back whenever he can. The QBs son played LB for the Skins for a little bit and the Oline coach played for the Eagles for a couple of years. They are all great with the kids and 1st class men.

I do know NaVorro gives Patrick Willis a lot of credit for teaching him how to be a pro.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was laughing when I saw NaVorro during that interview. He was one cold dude.

Bowman came out last summer and had a one camp for the kids in the township where we all grew up. He had about 5 guys from the team with him. There are a few players from PG County on the 49ers. Patrick came out with him. They are all very friendly guys and were good with the kids. My nephews who have know NaVorro since they were little had a great time being camp counselors.

Funny thing is we see a player once in awhile on TV that is a jackass but most of these guys are pretty good guys. When I was a teenager Larry Brown and Brig Owens used to come into the pizza place I worked. They were always great. Our HS football team has had Lamont Jordan working with the kids the past couple of years and NaVorro comes back whenever he can. The QBs son played LB for the Skins for a little bit and the Oline coach played for the Eagles for a couple of years. They are all great with the kids and 1st class men.

I do know NaVorro gives Patrick Willis a lot of credit for teaching him how to be a pro.

Very cool post, thanks a lot. I read "over the hill to the Super Bowl" by Brig Owens and "I'll always get up" by Larry Brown when I was a kid so those will always be two of my all time favorite Skins.