• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9er fans don't like Seattle CBs

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true at the line of scrimmage, but that doesn't extend to the secondary.

Last season the Seahawks had 32 penalties called on the DBs (led by 10 on Browner) with another 6 declined and 1 offsetting. That's 39 flags in 16 games, nearly 2 1/2 a game. Our DBs do get flagged.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic like said earlier with all the rules they have added over the last 20 years it is a pass happy league now to protect those high paid QB's and receivers.

Ok i can understand that but when you have QB's throwing 40 times a game like some do it skew's things imo Eric Davis discussed this today on NFL AM and i have posted about it in the past,20 years ago you did not have guys running routes up the middle against many teams because they would get laid out,now does it make the game better? i dunno i tend to think so.

But what the Seattle Back is,is a throwback in a sense to 20 years ago in what they do and there is nothing more that i enjoy is smash in your face D's,cannot stand missed tackles etc,

Another note most injury's happen around the line due to the large guys falling on each other, not guys getting wrapped up in the open field due to when you tackle you want to hit the center body,the most mass etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree it's not an english class then?

Good.

You stated who gives a ****. Replying yes to that wouldn't make any sense. You also stated, "It's a sports board" and yes, yes it is.

English mother ******, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over to read a little on the 9ers board and I do have to say that there is an excessive amount of whining about the CBs and the press coverage off of the line.

Several pages complaining about how Seattle holds and grabs and cheats on every play but the refs let them get away with it.

NFL rules state that a cornerback can hand fight and wrestle with a wide receiver up to 5 yards off the line, and then must allow a free release. Seattle's CBs are very good at using this to their advantage.

I guess that these guys really do not understand the rules. Sour grapes and all that.

If the 9ers had physical corners like ours,
they would be telling us to deal with it.

They play a serious ferocious game and
who wants to watch flag football anyway.

Our DB's play like Mel Blount but for only 5-7 yds.

When Kaep rolls outside the t box we can chuck em.

Had Baalke not drafted Chris Culliver in rd 3
and grabbed Sherman instead, boy what a blunder
that was, they would not whine at all. They would
support Sherman just like they run to protect
Harbaugh and Kaep.

What were Baalke and Harbaugh thinking anyway?

:wtf2: :yahoo:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated who gives a ****. Replying yes to that wouldn't make any sense. You also stated, "It's a sports board" and yes, yes it is.

English mother ******, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

Apparently you're the one having a hard time following along.

'Who gives a shit?' is a rhetorical question. It was obvious that you said 'yes it is' in response to it being a sports board. Since that's true, it couldn't be an english class regardless of your need to point out misspellings, typos or grammar mistakes.

Are you really this dense or are you just pretending?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll bite, I think the Seahawk dbs are fantastic, but in watching replays of Sherman and Boldin he was getting away with a lot of holds and takedowns, but that's not an excuse for the loss for a number of reasons: 1) it's only unfair if only the Seahawk dbs are allowed to do that, so if it's consistent then that's the most you can ask for; 2) there are ways to counter this physical aggressiveness, some teams have run bunch formations on one side and that would seem be a response to Sherman or Browner excessively grabbing if another receiver is right there, but Roman didn't call those types of plays. So yes, they are physical, more physical than it seems the rules should allow, but if that's the way the game is being called then you adjust.

There were a lot of holds and grabbing, pulling, wrestling, etc. (not takedowns though. That would be tackling and be called), but they were not "getting away" with anything. If it happens in the initial 5 yards area then it is completely legal.

The 9ers (or any other teams CBs) are also allowed to do it, they just can't because they are not a physically able to as the Seattle CBs who have great size and practice their methods moreso than other teams. The Seahawks do not line up 7 yards off of the WR. They lineup as close as legally allowed at the LOS and initiate the contact immediately at the snap.

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with being called rude sometimes.

Were you ever on the ESPN boards? I can understand you're opinion if not and i know i may come across vulgar but trust me 90% of the Niner fans that comment on boards are utter a holes.

I was BlogEater over at ESPN.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of holds and grabbing, pulling, wrestling, etc. (not takedowns though. That would be tackling and be called), but they were not "getting away" with anything. If it happens in the initial 5 yards area then it is completely legal.

The 9ers (or any other teams CBs) are also allowed to do it, they just can't because they are not a physically able to as the Seattle CBs who have great size and practice their methods moreso than other teams. The Seahawks do not line up 7 yards off of the WR. They lineup as close as legally allowed at the LOS and initiate the contact immediately at the snap.

From what I saw it was past the 5 yards and there were plenty of takedowns that they showed, especially with Sherman. But don't get me wrong, I completely agree with your 2nd paragraph for the most part, we could do it too and we should, and I think you raise an interesting point -- the Seahawk DBs don't get called because while it may go on past the 5 yrd mark they line up really close and the physical stuff just extends. That's brilliant.

I still think bunching up one side and running picks would be successful, but we don't have the receivers right now to do it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was BlogEater over at ESPN.

Oh ok i recall you then,so you know exactly what i am talking about and my comment was to more rile up the troll's than to be rude to all the Niner fans and posters here.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw it was past the 5 yards and there were plenty of takedowns that they showed, especially with Sherman. But don't get me wrong, I completely agree with your 2nd paragraph for the most part, we could do it too and we should, and I think you raise an interesting point -- the Seahawk DBs don't get called because while it may go on past the 5 yrd mark they line up really close and the physical stuff just extends. That's brilliant.

I still think bunching up one side and running picks would be successful, but we don't have the receivers right now to do it.

If the CBs were doing it past 5 yards, then the refs should be paying attention and call it, but I can't say for sure one way or the other since I was more focused on where the ball was and that was not anywhere near the WRs that were entangled with the CBs! I will try to focus on it more and see if I can tell if they are letting go in time or not.

I personally LOVE the press coverage. It can get you burned now and again, but Hawks fans are quite used (historically) to seeing their DBs lining up 5-10 yards downfield from the WRs and then getting picked to death. It drives you crazy to see that.