• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9er fans don't like Seattle CBs

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over to read a little on the 9ers board and I do have to say that there is an excessive amount of whining about the CBs and the press coverage off of the line.

Several pages complaining about how Seattle holds and grabs and cheats on every play but the refs let them get away with it.

NFL rules state that a cornerback can hand fight and wrestle with a wide receiver up to 5 yards off the line, and then must allow a free release. Seattle's CBs are very good at using this to their advantage.

I guess that these guys really do not understand the rules. Sour grapes and all that.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Seattle defense is physical as hell.

And those CB's, especially Sherman, are pure animals. Boldin was completely removed from this game, and quite frankly so was Kaepernick. Like this Seattle defenese or not, there is no denying how good they are.

This being said, Go Bears!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not called Whiners with out no reason.

This is not even a rivalry anymore,i piss on them.

TruHoxFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not called Whiners with out no reason.

This is not even a rivalry anymore,i piss on them.

That would be a mistake since we still have at least one more game to go against them. Sure they're bitter right now at being humiliated in the Clink again. But let them lick their wounds and get over it. Pissing on someone is just plain rude (unless you're into that sort of thing).
Let's just enjoy this season's version of The Ass Whipping and move on to our next victim.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys must be young. CBs being physical well beyond 5 yds used to be a common story line not 10-15 years ago. Getting 5 yds is a great compromise which is a rare site with all of the flag football going on these days.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with being called rude sometimes.

Were you ever on the ESPN boards? I can understand you're opinion if not and i know i may come across vulgar but trust me 90% of the Niner fans that comment on boards are utter a holes.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the 9ers need to get more physical DBs instead of just complaining about it with no real basis. Their guys appear pretty weak in the physicality department. Without thier tough DL and LBs, their secondary would really be one of the worst in the league IMO.

On a related note to that last note, Aldon Smith was really good today. I thought that he was exposed last year when JSmith went down but he was pretty dominant for much of the game after Okung went out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giners are going to be in extra heavy flow for a long time over this curb stomp. All we heard for months from them was about how good their D was and how they were going to stomp the Seahawks in this game. Now they start whining about how physical our team plays as an excuse?

They can cry like a bunch of little girls all they want if it makes them feel better. Shove a tampon up it, take a handful of midol, and wolf down a pint of ice cream, you whinny bitches. What ever makes you sleep better.

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they have won 5 superbowls and the seahawks haven't won one ever....this isn't supposed to happen :noidea: Life must be so confusing for them right now....

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with being called rude sometimes.

Were you ever on the ESPN boards? I can understand you're opinion if not and i know i may come across vulgar but trust me 90% of the Niner fans that comment on boards are utter a holes.

Your. Just say it aloud folks. "I can understand you are opinion...." No, that doesn't sound right, it must be your.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Db,s have the right to jam the first 5 yards... In a league that has leaned towards offense give um at least that.. Db,s should not be called for putting there feelers out either. Some contact should be allowed... If there is a hold a absolutely call it but not just touching to gage where the receiver might be. If defenders can't hit anymore give them at least that. Back way off on the no contact rule.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Db,s have the right to jam the first 5 yards... In a league that has leaned towards offense give um at least that.. Db,s should not be called for putting there feelers out either. Some contact should be allowed... If there is a hold a absolutely call it but not just touching to gage where the receiver might be. If defenders can't hit anymore give them at least that. Back way off on the no contact rule.

If you wanna see what the league would be like when the DBs are called for every touch, watch the Broncos/Giants game from Sunday. Broncos got like 3 very questionable PIs against them.

Sore losers always call opponents cheaters, call for knee jerk rule changes or discuss league bias as the reason. They're team got dominated, and they have to find a way to explain it, since many seem to think this team is better than the ones from the 9er hay day.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want your receivers to get calls, you kinda have to get the ball to your receivers dont you. Boldin had what 2 targets all night?
Plus even so they couldnt get the run game going so what can you expect.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think that we were missing Browner to boot. He's the most physical of all our DB's IMO. At full strength this defense will be impossible to score against.

:yahoo:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll bite, I think the Seahawk dbs are fantastic, but in watching replays of Sherman and Boldin he was getting away with a lot of holds and takedowns, but that's not an excuse for the loss for a number of reasons: 1) it's only unfair if only the Seahawk dbs are allowed to do that, so if it's consistent then that's the most you can ask for; 2) there are ways to counter this physical aggressiveness, some teams have run bunch formations on one side and that would seem be a response to Sherman or Browner excessively grabbing if another receiver is right there, but Roman didn't call those types of plays. So yes, they are physical, more physical than it seems the rules should allow, but if that's the way the game is being called then you adjust.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll bite, I think the Seahawk dbs are fantastic, but in watching replays of Sherman and Boldin he was getting away with a lot of holds and takedowns, but that's not an excuse for the loss for a number of reasons: 1) it's only unfair if only the Seahawk dbs are allowed to do that, so if it's consistent then that's the most you can ask for; 2) there are ways to counter this physical aggressiveness, some teams have run bunch formations on one side and that would seem be a response to Sherman or Browner excessively grabbing if another receiver is right there, but Roman didn't call those types of plays. So yes, they are physical, more physical than it seems the rules should allow, but if that's the way the game is being called then you adjust.

1) We are one of the heaviest penalized team in the NFL. The refs don't side with us.
2) Go ahead and run some bunch plays next time we line up. Browner, Sherm, and WT# will be right in front of them daring them to try to get open.

Now, there is no comparison to our 2 teams. Without a full squad, then losing Okung allowing a freeway entrance to our backfield, we still put on a clinic unless our HFA is worth 3 or 4 TDs.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) We are one of the heaviest penalized team in the NFL. The refs don't side with us.
2) Go ahead and run some bunch plays next time we line up. Browner, Sherm, and WT# will be right in front of them daring them to try to get open.

Now, there is no comparison to our 2 teams. Without a full squad, then losing Okung allowing a freeway entrance to our backfield, we still put on a clinic unless our HFA is worth 3 or 4 TDs.

This is true at the line of scrimmage, but that doesn't extend to the secondary.

This may be true....when playing at home. But your team has to prove a bit more then that before the bolded statement can be said. For example, beating the Niners at home or having at least a .500 record on the road.

If you are going to tag losing Okung then I will tag the fact that we lost 4 starters in this game. Neither should be brought up because injuries happen, but if you are going to stand on the Okung injury as if to say, we still owned you even with this injury, then you open the door for Niner fans to bring up injuries as an excuse.

SEA showed up and the Niners didn't. Your team matched the intensity of its fans. I am hoping that we can do more then what we showed in our next meeting at home.