• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

98th Pick Broncos Select OG Quinn Meinerz

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guard out of Wisconson-Whitewater; O-line help. Decent pick. Wonder if he can play some tackle.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t mind the player, but we have Risner and Muti as young Gs. There must be a plan, and maybe it is as a RT.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t mind the player, but we have Risner and Muti as young Gs. There must be a plan, and maybe it is as a RT.

That's what I'm wondering. Risner is already one of our best, Muti looks decent but you do have to wonder if his body will hold up for a full NFL season. The staff must be comfortable sliding one of these guys to tackle.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUINN MEINERZ | Wisconsin-Whitewater 6027 | 320 lbs. | SR. Hartford, Wis. (Union) 11/15/1998 (age 22.46) #77
BACKGROUND: Quintin “Quinn” Meinerz was raised in Hartford (40 miles northwest of Milwaukee) and attended Hartford Union High School. A three-sport letter winner, he was a three-year starting right tackle, earning Honorable Mention All-State honors as a senior. Meinerz also played on the defensive line, earning Honorable Mention All-State recognition as a defensive tackle in 2016. He made it to the state tournament as a senior in wrestling and placed fifth in 2017. He also went to states in track for the shot put, placing third place (55’).
[131]

A no-star offensive line recruit out of high school, Meinerz was overlooked throughout the recruiting process, receiving zero FBS or FCS offers. He received one Division II offer (St. Cloud State in Minnesota) and a handful of Division III offers, committing to Wisconsin-Whitewater (no athletic scholarships in Division III). Entering his senior season, he was a two-year starter at left guard, but the 2020 fall season was canceled due to the pandemic and Meinerz elected to enter the 2021 NFL Draft. Meinerz was a late call-up to the 2021 Senior Bowl, but took advantage of the opportunity, earning the top offensive lineman award on the National Team.

A no-star offensive line recruit out of high school, Meinerz was overlooked throughout the recruiting process, receiving zero FBS or FCS offers. He received one Division II offer (St. Cloud State in Minnesota) and a handful of Division III offers, committing to Wisconsin-Whitewater (no athletic scholarships in Division III). Entering his senior season, he was a two-year starter at left guard, but the 2020 fall season was canceled due to the pandemic and Meinerz elected to enter the 2021 NFL Draft. Meinerz was a late call-up to the 2021 Senior Bowl, but took advantage of the opportunity, earning the top offensive lineman award on the National Team.

STRENGTHS: Excellent snap quickness and setup...plays with bent knees, long arms and a low center of gravity in his pass sets...moves with athletic feet and hips to slide or redirect vs. gap quickness...stuns with a controlled, well-placed punch and stays balanced through contact...latches with his physical hands in the run game and drives his feet to create movement...bulldog of a finisher with a mean, fierce demeanor...self-made player who has worked tirelessly to get to this point...glass- eater with a genuine love for football, which is also clear in practice and the weight room...has a high threshold for pain (played through a broken hand during Senior Bowl practices)...was the rare underclassman who earned captainship at Whitewater...self-taught snapper and offers guard/center flexibility.
WEAKNESSES: Inexperienced vs. top competition, playing at the Division III level...allows the hands of defenders into his body...can get tossed when his base narrows
and his weight overextends past his toes...has NFL-quality core strength, but can be late to recover once defenders gain the upper hand...may struggle to turn defenders at the pro level...his Senior Bowl was much improved, but his weight and movements had a sloppy element on tape, playing inefficient and top heavy...played tackle in high school and only played left guard in college and will require further development at center...suffered a broken bone in his right hand (January 2021) at the Senior Bowl.
SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Wisconsin-Whitewater, Meinerz was the left guard in offensive coordinator Peter Jennings’ zone scheme. Considered a borderline NFL Draft pick after his junior year, he didn’t have a 2020 college football season, but spent the year training, reshaped his body and honed his skills, which was on display during his impressive Senior Bowl performance. Meinerz is quick and controlled post snap with the hand timing, core strength and finishing effort to impose his will. There is a level of transparency with him because there are no questions about his toughness or competitive spirit, but conversely, he lacks ideal experience and wasn’t routinely challenged at the Division III level. Overall, Meinerz faces a substantial uptick in competition

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me the Broncos are not real happy with Quinsenberry. Mienerz is no tackle prospect, but adds depth at Center and OG.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I approve of this pick.

9y4O82z.jpg

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me the Broncos are not real happy with Quinsenberry. Mienerz is no tackle prospect, but adds depth at Center and OG.
You idiot - that's Cushingberry!

Anyway - Muti - Mienerz/Cushingberry and Risner - is a great start for pounding the ball in the rush game.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our short yardage line will be Bolles, Risner, Muti, Cushenberry, Mienerz, Glasgow, and James.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our OL lovers around here will fall in love with him alone based off his nickname "THE GUT", this guy is going to be fun.

He played in the same conference as a team local to me (Dubuque) IA.. A team I have sent some D1 players to that were kicked out of major college programs... Wisconsin Whitewater is a well coaches team, a great program. Nice to see a kid from Whitewater get drafted on day two and end up in Denver. Reminds me of Ben Bartch last year a St. John's Johnnie drafted by the Jags in Round 4... Just a great kid to pull for. Tough as nails!!! His film is amazing. The first clip you see of him I swear to god that 190lb DT probably had to retire after that block. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our OL lovers around here will fall in love with him alone based off his nickname "THE GUT", this guy is going to be fun.

He played in the same conference as a team local to me (Dubuque) IA.. A team I have sent some D1 players to that were kicked out of major college programs... Wisconsin Whitewater is a well coaches team, a great program. Nice to see a kid from Whitewater get drafted on day two and end up in Denver. Reminds me of Ben Bartch last year a St. John's Johnnie drafted by the Jags in Round 4... Just a great kid to pull for. Tough as nails!!! His film is amazing. The first clip you see of him I swear to god that 190lb DT probably had to retire after that block. ;)
If you built a statue to Oline players - it would be him. He fits every cliché about the position possible. I suspect he will have a very long career.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3