• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/3 GDT Tron @ Rox

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Dodger Schadenfreude:

Beckett likely done for the season | MLB.com

LOS ANGELES -- Josh Beckett played catch Monday, standing instead of throwing while seated in a chair or on his knees, and though he came out of the session with no problems, manager Don Mattingly said he doesn't think the right-hander will pitch again this season.

"He threw the other day, and it went OK," Mattingly said. "Still, I don't think that leaves us enough time to get him ready to pitch."

Beckett went on the disabled list Aug. 8 with a torn labrum and two cysts on his left hip after trying to pitch through the injury.

He went 6-6 with a 2.88 ERA in 20 starts this season, and he threw his first career no-hitter May 25 in Philadelphia.

Mattingly said Beckett had tried to do some throwing on his own last week.

"He's tried to throw off a knee," Mattingly said. "I think he was throwing at home when we were on the road -- trying to throw -- [but he] didn't go that good."

Surgery remains an option for Beckett with his season likely over.

"It's going to be Josh's choice with what he wants to do," Mattingly said.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Giants lose 9-2 today but Dodgers cough a big game up and the Giants stay 2 back in the West. They call that a wash. I will take it. On to Detroit Rock City and a Giant Rock N Roll party. Here we go...

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap: