• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/22 GDT Peave-me's at Dogs

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Pagan, no(t much) scoring. Even with a leadoff HR.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Pablo 1 for his last 18. Way to play for that big contract. Just when we need him to step up, he steps away.

(2) Pence 3 for his last 32. Way to step up.

(3) I know, I know, if it were easy to fix, anybody could do it. But how is it that this team slumps as a team for weeks/months on end? Not like the Padres, who have far less talent. But a talented hitting team that has a history of hitting well. Beyond puzzled.

Noggin: "Well, we ran into some good pitching tonight."

No excuse. The pitching is (almost) all good at this level.

1) just like 2010. Man, you are the eternal optimist...

2) dude has always been streaky at the plate. He still brings the defense and the hustle (not to mention his lunch pail) to the park every day.

3) you mean the 74-81 Padres? O...K...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the way we have been and are playing.....

Hey, two on and two out, and Pablo did not FPOM. Well, it's a baby step in the right direction.

We are in the same position against the Brewers as the doggies are against us. We are making the playoffs. The only question is whether or not we host the WC game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 runs in 7 innings.

Why are you guys so hard on this team?

Context, my boy. Context.

That was said during the 2-run inning when everything he was throwing was getting WHOLLOPED. Should I have said he was dealing instead?

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9th inning 2-2 Pence needs to get it going. Great game tonight.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) just like 2010. Man, you are the eternal optimist...

2) dude has always been streaky at the plate. He still brings the defense and the hustle (not to mention his lunch pail) to the park every day.

3) you mean the 74-81 Padres? O...K...

I mean that I would expect the Padres to struggle with hitting, as has been the case all year. They were around .200 with RISP for the first half of the season.

I do NOT expect the Giants to hit like the Padres, and go on extended slumps like this year. Yeah, I get that injuries are part of it. But when the team stops hitting, the approach needs to change a little bit, right? And yet we keep trying to do the same old thing. When it works, like the couple weeks in August, it was brilliant and lots of fun to watch. This last week or so, and June/July, not so much.

Playing how we are now, with Beast and Oxy out, do you really think we have any chance against the Pirates? I always hope we have a chance, I guess, but this just looks brutal.

And I do like that Pence gives 110% effort every day, and the dude is streaky. But dang, when two of our 3-5 hitters are throwing up 0-fers on a regular basis, it is just hard to watch.

I hope this is a CC moment, but no way would I have BB9 stand in against Jansen in the 9th. He'd have to start swinging yesterday to catch up to one of those fastballs.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a great article in the SF Chronicle yesterday by John Shea on Vin Scully . A very in depth article and Shea did a great job of capturing Vin Scully's childhood and his love for the Giants. I was right that his favorite player was Mel Ott. I liked the story on how Scully collected bottles to sit in the bleachers.

The article was so good and the picture of Scully at AT&T in the broadcast booth is worthy of a journalist award. One of the best I have seen all year.