• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/17 Bum @ Golfers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cubbies can somehow find a way to beat Greinke tomorrow, the pressure on the Dudgers starts to ramp up big time......

That clubhouse may already be cracking. Regardless, Greinke is a beast, as is 'shaw. They very well may have enough talent to strength their way through their clubhouse issues.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Greinke and Kershaw being beasts......

Anything can happen, though. An early run tomorrow by the Cubs could get in the Dudgers' heads.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that being said, we have to take care of business at Petco this weekend.

The Padres have played good ball at home this season.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Greinke and Kershaw being beasts......

Anything can happen, though. An early run tomorrow by the Cubs could get in the Dudgers' heads.

If Ryu can't come back I look for Mattingly to go to a 4 man rotation and I don't think he has any confidence in any of his pitchers outside of Greinke and Kershaw.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants flying high ...Win 4-2 vs. D-Backs Take Series

Just two days ago the San Francisco Giants were 4 games back and after the Dodgers series at home losing 2 games to 1, some started talking Wild Card. Not the Giants who still believe that they can catch the Dodgers and after Today's 4-2 victory over the D-Backs the dream lives. They fly high into San Diego only 2 games back and things are getting close in the West. Bumgarner started and pitched 6 quality innings only giving up 2 ER on 7 hits , 6 SO, and walking 2 batters. He kept it close as the game was tied 2-2 after 5 innings and it stayed that way until the last frame.

That's when a kid from Long Beach that stands 6 '2" 170 pounds, kind of thin in frame but has that rookie enthusiasm that only comes along once in most players careers...except for maybe a guy like Pence who still has that raw enthusiasm that fans love to see. Duffy in a clutch opportunity in the 9th inning of a game the team had to have lined a single to center scoring Panda, and Crawford to put the Giants in front for good. Crawford lit it up today going 4-4 and scoring 2 runs. Casilla shut down the D-Backs in the bottom of the inning and it was a happy victory line and a happy flight to San Diego to take on the Padres Friday with Hudson on the mound looking to rebound from his Dodgers start last time in SF.

Giants take series as Dodgers lose and that is sweet music to Giants nation because the dream is alive and kicking for the NL West on September 17th with 10 fun filled games left. Strap in this roller coaster ride is still rolling along and hopefully it rolls all the way to November.

Great seres win.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::plane::boxing::popsdance::headbanger:

on youtube...

Van Halen - Dreams (Blue Angels)

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In lieu of, well, you know who:

BITCHES

Hmm. 2 runs, 9 hits, 3 BBs. Does that qualify for approval??? :)

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 Cubs bottom of 1 nobody out.