• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 pro bowlers

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys are crazy.

Put me in a semi pro football team and give me Megatron to see if I won't look like Aaron Rodgers out there on the field.

Manning has mediocre receivers at best to throw to, yet was arguably the 3rd best QB in the league in 2011 behind Rodgers & Brees.

Ha! They are head and shoulders above what Smith has to throw to.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jason peters without a doubt. gross might be the best in the nfc, which isn't saying much

Have you watched Peters this year? He's been underwhelming. And even if he hasn't, that's one guy that they picked Staley above. Is it really worthy of a "WTF?"

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are crazy.

Put me in a semi pro football team and give me Megatron to see if I won't look like Aaron Rodgers out there on the field.

Manning has mediocre receivers at best to throw to, yet was arguably the 3rd best QB in the league in 2011 behind Rodgers & Brees.

I've never seen a QB discredited as much as Stafford because of a WR. Calvin Johnson is having a career year because of Stafford. Manning has Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham.

Regardless, Stafford has more TDs and less INTs, better completion percentage, and a better QB rating than Manning, and pretty much the same amount of yards. He also has a better record. It's possible that Manning doesn't even make the playoffs, while Stafford has led Detroit to their first playoff appearance since '99 and first 10 win season since '95 only 3 years after being drafted by an 0-16 team. Stafford got outright snubbed by the New York media.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No WR has pulled more miracle plays out of his ass this year than Eli's own Victor Cruz. Manning was playing great this year, but slipped up, has 15 INTs, and seems hard to justify over Stafford who is just lights out......in fact, take away Stafford's broken hand or finger or whatever it was and he probably would have left Manning in the dust.

Staley just seems impossible......I'm an OL novice so I really have no idea......but this team getting three OL in the team/alternates seems ridiculous. Maybe if they had played all season like they have in the past two weeks, but they were fairly wretched for long stretches.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No WR has pulled more miracle plays out of his ass this year than Eli's own Victor Cruz. Manning was playing great this year, but slipped up, has 15 INTs, and seems hard to justify over Stafford who is just lights out......in fact, take away Stafford's broken hand or finger or whatever it was and he probably would have left Manning in the dust.

Staley just seems impossible......I'm an OL novice so I really have no idea......but this team getting three OL in the team/alternates seems ridiculous. Maybe if they had played all season like they have in the past two weeks, but they were fairly wretched for long stretches.

16 INTs to Stafford 14. 26 TDs to Stafford's 36.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect Bowman in any Pro-Bowls while he plays with Willis. The Coaches and Players are going to choose which one is better, and vote for that guy... more often than not they're going to vote Willis. I don't think they want the 49ers to hog up all the MLB positions.

I'm really surprised at the high amount of alternates too. I didn't think the rest of the coaches and players had this much respect for the 49ers guys.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have you watched Peters this year? He's been underwhelming. And even if he hasn't, that's one guy that they picked Staley above. Is it really worthy of a "WTF?"

Damn Clyde, you're absolutely wrong on that one. He's been a dominant player this year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are crazy.

Smoking some good shit. His WRs are legit. Nicks and Cruz are way above mediocre.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn.....PFF on blast mode, with a gratuitous shot at Sop to boot:

B.J. Raji, NT, Green Bay Packers
PFF Rating: -15.6
PFF Conference Ranking: Last
Analysis: Raji started off the year hot but since then? Well he’s our lowest rated tackle in the NFC so that should tell you everything. He doesn’t get off blocks to make tackles, and rarely penetrates into the backfield with his play being bad enough to result in a reduction in playing time. Gone are those dominant displays and now you rarely notice that he’s on the field. That is what has become of Raji so his selection, more than any other, discredits the Pro Bowl. Sure Kevin Williams isn’t the player he once was, and sure Alan Branch doesn’t have a big reputation, but those guys are actually influencing games. Heck, we’ve criticized Ndamukong Suh before but at least he consistently generates pressure on the QB. Raji, in 2011, has done so little on so many snaps he shouldn’t even been in the conversation. A real fail on this front.

Key Fact: Has made 10 defensive stops all year. That’s less than a player like Isaac Sopoaga.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is John Kuhn starting?

27th Ranked rushing attack in the NFL, 13th ranked in the NFC.

With the exception of Alstott, Centers, etc., rewriting the FB position. I was always under the assumption that the Pro-Bowl FB tends to be from one of the best rushing attacks in the league... since their only real praise comes from opening up holes for these great rushing attacks.

Win one for the ballot-stuffers I guess... but the FBs for the Vikings, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers and 49ers got robbed.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

peters has been solid in pass protection and an absolute beast in the running game. staley has been horrible at times this year

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a QB discredited as much as Stafford because of a WR. Calvin Johnson is having a career year because of Stafford. Manning has Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Mario Manningham.

Regardless, Stafford has more TDs and less INTs, better completion percentage, and a better QB rating than Manning, and pretty much the same amount of yards. He also has a better record. It's possible that Manning doesn't even make the playoffs, while Stafford has led Detroit to their first playoff appearance since '99 and first 10 win season since '95 only 3 years after being drafted by an 0-16 team. Stafford got outright snubbed by the New York media.

manning has taken a big step back the past couple weeks.