• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers MLB Draft Semi-Final 1 : Milk vs UK

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MILK

LINEUP
1. Minnie Minoso - LF (R)
2. Eddie Collins - 2B - (L) HOF
3. Joe DiMaggio - CF - (R) HOF
4. Lou Gehrig - 1B - (L) HOF
5. Mel Ott - RF - (L) HOF
6. Ralph Kiner - LF/1B - (R) HOF
7. Ken Boyer - 3B - (R)
8. Mickey Tettleton - C - (B)
9. Bert Campaneris - SS - (R)

BENCH
Bobby Bonds - RF - (R)
Boog Powell - 1B/LF - (L)
Tony Pena - C - (R)
Mark Belanger - SS - (R)
Willie Davis - CF - (L)

ROTATION
1. Walter Johnson (R) HOF
2. Warren Spahn (L) HOF
3. Gaylord Perry (R) HOF
4. Jim Kaat (L)
5. Babe Adams (R)

BULLPEN
Tom Henke (R)
Sparky Lyle (L)
Kent Tekulve (R)
Bobby Shantz (L)
Lindy McDaniel (R)

VS

UK

LINEUP
1. Tris Speaker - CF - (L) HOF
2. Lefty O'Doul - DH - (L)
3. Babe Ruth - RF - (L) HOF
4. Barry Bonds - LF - (L) HOF
5. Chipper Jones - 3B - (B) HOF
6. Rafael Palmeiro - 1B - (L) HOF
7. Thurman Munson - C - (R)
9. Vern Stephens - SS - (R)
9. Davey Lopes - 2B - (R)

BENCH
Willie McGee - OF - (B)
Pedro Guerrero - 1B/3B - (R)
Jim Sundberg - C - (R)
Rico Petrocelli - SS/3B - (R)
Jesse Barfield - RF - (R)

ROTATION
1. Bob Feller (R) HOF
2. Don Drysdale (R) HOF
3. Ron Guidry (L)
4. Felix Hernandez (R) HOF
5. Dave Stieb (R)

BULLPEN
Rob Dibble (R)
Bryan Harvey (R)
Steve Howe (L)
Greg Swindell (L)
Gene Garber (R)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MILK - 2
UK - 6

VOTED - UK, Milk, Ritz, Nos, Hockey, Bums, 500, Smitty

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting myself for a lot of the reasons I listed in Milks last matchup. I think having Minoso as a leadoff, a couple of hitters that were career .241 and .259, and a sub par defensive catcher are too much to overcome vs my squad. I like Milks starting pitchers, obviously, I love Johnson, but I like my pitchers chances to hold down his lineup with several holes a lot more than I like his pitchers to hold down mine. I love Feller as a top 10 SP, and I cut Carew to get Drysdale, who I also think is a stud. My #4 pitcher is King Felix LOL.
Bottom line, other than Johnson, who might hold this lineup to 4-5, I think my squad puts 8-10 on every other pitcher he has. Speaker and O'doul were both .345 plus hitters, and .320+ vs lefties. Ruth and Bonds back to back are unstoppable. Switch hitting, .300 with 500 HR's Chipper is next, then 3000 hits and 500 Bombs Raffy. Munson was an MVP, Stephens should be a HOFer, and Lopes plays well at 9. There's just no way he outscores me

UK

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got me... Yes, i get it that ruth and bonds are scary, but don't forget i have bonds too... And my bonds will just tell UK's bonds to take a seat, and may punish him in other ways(not to sure how)...

But seriously, I like my rotation/ Bullpen and Bench more than UKs... I will give it to UK though for probably having 2 GREAT Non HOF starting pitching... But Hated 2 of his HOF picks of King Felix and Rafael Palmeiro... Both were terrible HOF picks IMO...

really wish i traded Walter Johnson to Nos, for one of his pitchers and Tim Raines... To bad i figured out a possible way AFTER the deadline...

Don't like UKs bench at all, it doesn't make sense to me, his HOFers were his 1-6, he will never take them out, they were also all lefties... While his 7-9 were all righties, but so is his bench, so they are replacing them at the same value as they already are...

I will give UK, he did an amazing job getting the 2 best players in baseball history... Just wonder if it is possible to look past that...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, i am sure you agree with everything i wrote, just like i agree with all you wrote... Basically we both pointed out each others weaknesses and highlghted our own strengths... Now its up to everyone else... But i do predict you winning... I think everyone wants to see Babe and Bonds vs Nos' rotation... don't think it mattered who any of us faced...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK, i am sure you agree with everything i wrote, just like i agree with all you wrote... Basically we both pointed out each others weaknesses and highlghted our own strengths... Now its up to everyone else... But i do predict you winning... I think everyone wants to see Babe and Bonds vs Nos' rotation... don't think it mattered who any of us faced...
Then quit politicking lol. Guarantee you I don't Sat another word about our match till it's decided. Good Luck

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I played both these guys in my last matchup. Both voted against me and took over my matchup with their posts :dhd:

I keep switching my pick on this game. I like UK's hitters better but dislike his pitchers. I like Milk's pitchers better but dislike his hitters. Bench I will say are fairly even but then it comes down to bullpen where I see Milk with the advantage. I see UK giving up to many runs and his bullpen not helping out. UK will produce a lot of runs but I feel his pitching dooms him so I vote Milk.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then quit politicking lol. Guarantee you I don't Sat another word about our match till it's decided. Good Luck

HAHA, i'm taking bets on that.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA, i'm taking bets on that.

Technically he never said he wouldn't "say" another word. He said "sat" plus he would be typing the word not saying it so I will take your bet and raise you Bo Jackson and of course a Zima.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wrote about 3 paragraphs but erased it to keep this simple.

I like both of these teams a lot they were both top 4 for me.

I think both benches are pretty good no huge advantage for either team.

I like both bullpens with a slight advantage to Milk.

I like both rotations. I will say being UK used 3 HOF picks on his rotation I think he could have done better. But the rotation is still strong.

Both teams have very good lineups. I love Joe D, Gehrig, Ott, Kiner but UK has Bonds and the Bambino, wow! I don't like Minoso at the top and I am probably the biggest Tris Speaker fan in this draft. UK has a much better bottom of the order as well. I didn't understand the MArk Belanger pick for Milk, a defensive light hitting righty just like he already had in Campy.

Everything is very close but UK's balance throughout his lineup and his much better #1 hitter gives him the advantage IMO.

UK

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are two of the top teams for sure extremely close. I haven't voted against either so far. I really like UK's rotation and he didn't have to spend a lot for it. I also don't like Minoso first and it a matchup this close it sways things a lot. That plus Babe and Barry swings it to UK for me.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uk wins

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

Hitting beats pitching.

And neither team has a Mo Rivera type which is really the only time bullpen swings anything.

So I take UK's bats to bombard Milks pitching

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its crazy that their isn't a website that we could just put in names of players and have them play a 7 game series or whatever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have milk with a slight edge in the rotation. Having the best starter ever will do that. Could have been a slightly larger edge, had he not considered Kaat (I'm also a homer with him, went thru his hometown just the other day.) a wash with several other lefties.

Also a slight edge in the bullpen.

And I like milks lineup, a lot. It's balanced. But as much as I like his lineup, UKs is better. Speaker (who he always seems to have) is the better hitter at leadoff. Then it gets scary. Bonds and Babe, I mean Cmon.

I'll take UK in an awesome 7 game series. Ruth with a two out double, scoring Bonds from second to win it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its crazy that their isn't a website that we could just put in names of players and have them play a 7 game series or whatever.

Even if there was, it would be a set algorithm... and chances are the algorithm would be easy to cheat... Once you put in a couple teams you would see what type of players the algorithm likes and don't like...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

Hitting beats pitching.

And neither team has a Mo Rivera type which is really the only time bullpen swings anything.

So I take UK's bats to bombard Milks pitching

do WHAT? wasn't in my match up, lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have milk with a slight edge in the rotation. Having the best starter ever will do that. Could have been a slightly larger edge, had he not considered Kaat (I'm also a homer with him, went thru his hometown just the other day.) a wash with several other lefties.

Also a slight edge in the bullpen.

And I like milks lineup, a lot. It's balanced. But as much as I like his lineup, UKs is better. Speaker (who he always seems to have) is the better hitter at leadoff. Then it gets scary. Bonds and Babe, I mean Cmon.

I'll take UK in an awesome 7 game series. Ruth with a two out double, scoring Bonds from second to win it.

to be fair, i did successfully trade for mickey lolich and then Nos shut it down saying that i needed to actually give up something more than JUST Kaat