• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/9 Peavy @ 107 Years

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much needed day off tomorrow after an awful road trip. Susac's injury has really affected the team, even though it's less publicized than the other injuries.

Yeah, it'll be nice getting home. The pitchers need a break. Sounds like Susac could be ready soon. Minor league rehab assignment starting Tuesday, probably up by the weekend.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gameday had it on the border. :noidea:

Gotta swing the bat if it's close. Blanco reminding us he's a 4th OF, not used to those situations.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I know that this series sucked, but we are still within striking distance of 1st. Even if the Dodgers win today we only sit 4 back. Besides, its August, trades aren't going to net much now anyway.

Hopefully, they can still make some kind of deal that gets through waiver claim process. They don't want to put Pagan on the DL, so he's just going to continue to play while injured. Now, Aoki might be out. Would have been nice if they had been able to make a deal for Parra before he went to Baltimore.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to blow up the team now that the playoffs are out of reach. Trade the bullpen and older worthless players like Pagan, Blanco, and Hector for anything we can get. This season is over and its time to admit that.

LOL at idea that Sanchez and Pagan are worth something (while laughing at other comments)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to blow up the team now that the playoffs are out of reach. Trade the bullpen and older worthless players like Pagan, Blanco, and Hector for anything we can get. This season is over and its time to admit that.

This guy is always good for a laugh.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone's frustrated with this awful weekend and mostly bad road trip, but it's far from over. The SP's as a group need be more effective and start getting deeper into games, though, or this is going to be a very long month.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fix is in. :nod:
Seriously, that was where my mind first went. But there isn't any point. We will have robo-strikes in a few years. There is no stopping that now. Why bury 2 bad pitches out of approx 300 in the game.

It is just a bug in the system.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, that was where my mind first went. But there isn't any point. We will have robo-strikes in a few years. There is no stopping that now. Why bury 2 bad pitches out of approx 300 in the game.

The umps get 97% of the calls right (they grade them against PitchFX every day), is that really enough to change it? Maybe, I guess....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fairness, Peavy got some very favorable calls in the first inning.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down brudda, still a TON of baseball left.

Remember, Chicago is a very young team.....we have plenty of opportunity. Just gotta stay afloat until Leake and Panic are back (any word on Aoki btw).....and to a lesser extent, Susac.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I know that this series sucked, but we are still within striking distance of 1st. Even if the Dodgers win today we only sit 4 back. Besides, its August, trades aren't going to net much now anyway.
Excellent post. I think the Giants have enough with what's on their roster when they are healthy.

Reactions: LHG
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post. I think the Giants have enough with what's on their roster when they are healthy.

It's the last four words of your post that worry me: when they are healthy.

Obviously, Susser and :gaah: are not healthy, but will come back.

Leake will also come back after missing one more start, we hope.

But Oxy is a hot mess right now, with two balky knees. His BA and OBP have plummeted, and his defense and range are less and less stellar.

With Seaweed getting hit today, back to the concussion DL for him? Bring up JP from Sacramento?

And the starters looked very weak, except for Peavy. Cain just doesn't seem to have much control. It was nice to see Patty go 2 scoreless innings today, lowering his ERA to 5.59.

Health is the deal at this point in the season. For all teams.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The umps get 97% of the calls right (they grade them against PitchFX every day), is that really enough to change it? Maybe, I guess....
I actually suspect they have a higher accuracy rate than that, but only 10% of all calls are in question anyway. They should not "get credit" for the no-brainer calls they make.

As for Peavy getting some calls in the first, when you throw 40 pitches, odds dictate there will be a couple calls that are off. Besides, I am not preaching that the Giants get unfairly hit by bad calls. That is not my point at all. A bad call is a bad call and can DRAMATICALLY affect an AB, even if it were the first or second pitch. The tech is either there, or ALMOST there. Why not use it?