• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/8/24 Midgets @ Locals

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His speed on his balls? That don’t sound right. Did his velocity decrease this year?
Whatever the guy wants to do in the privacy of his own home is his business. I am not going to judge him for that.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His speed on his balls? That don’t sound right. Did his velocity decrease this year?
As cal noted it's less about the speed of his balls and more the lack of control over them

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ERA reflects non save debacles like giving up 4 runs when he came in with a 9 run lead for mop up work (I was at that game)

Tough year for sure
Someting is diferent but who knows what. I would hope that we had a pitching coach that has an idea of what is happening. He is just not the same pitcher. He was always a little on the wild side but he also didn't allow very much contact. They seem to be making much more contact now than in the past. I've heard of pitchers becoming enamored wirh a new pitch and use it MUCH to often and abandon what was always their best pitch ... maybe that's what's happening ... something has changed ...

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someting is diferent but who knows what. I would hope that we had a pitching coach that has an idea of what is happening. He is just not the same pitcher. He was always a little on the wild side but he also didn't allow very much contact. They seem to be making much more contact now than in the past. I've heard of pitchers becoming enamored wirh a new pitch and use it MUCH to often and abandon what was always their best pitch ... maybe that's what's happening ... something has changed ...

We need Rags back in the picture.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants are going to pretend to try and get a playoff slot they should at least take Doval out of the closer spot to make it more believable.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A former denizen of the board nailed it: small sphincters. Although to be fair, he accused a former pitcher of having this condition when the team scored few runs for him, something completely out of the pitcher's control. Still, said denizen may have been on to something...
A sage and a genius he was (not)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too big an issue to hand wave away anymore. He's so talented but really struggling this year. Perhaps he's been figured out?

Doesn't matter much this year but next year I expect to try for the playoffs and not sure he can be the guy. Do we have someone better though?
Taylor Rogers has the experience but I cannot remember how he did

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CanhaEncarnacion > Soler
What is supposed to happen is Luciano > Soler. Compared to Soler the last 2 months he's not there yet. Soler was figuring it out, but it made sense to save the money and free up the DH spot (I agree with the Brisbee piece I posted about the Giants trades)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito was for sure part of this board in the early years, maybe just 2010...he was sheepish after ripping them all year and they won the Series and then he disappeared
Did he? I thought he was around to the bitter end at ESPN. Could be wrong, it’s been some time since then

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he? I thought he was around to the bitter end at ESPN. Could be wrong, it’s been some time since then
Yeah I mean he was both at ESPN until the exodus and then I could have sworn he posted during the 2010 run, with his usual EZ all good and how badly they needed SPEED and Cain's sphincter. And he never bought in and when they won he made some half assed 'yay they did it' post and was never heard from again. Could be wrong though.

Maybe in the 2010 victory thread he'd show up if I looked but not really super invested in this lol

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another consideration for the closer role is Jordan Hicks. Of course, his career in the bullpen hasn’t always been stellar either

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is supposed to happen is Luciano > Soler. Compared to Soler the last 2 months he's not there yet. Soler was figuring it out, but it made sense to save the money and free up the DH spot (I agree with the Brisbee piece I posted about the Giants trades)
Good thing we got rid of Soler just in time as he is not doing so good with his old team.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean he was both at ESPN until the exodus and then I could have sworn he posted during the 2010 run, with his usual EZ all good and how badly they needed SPEED and Cain's sphincter. And he never bought in and when they won he made some half assed 'yay they did it' post and was never heard from again. Could be wrong though.

Maybe in the 2010 victory thread he'd show up if I looked but not really super invested in this lol
I have done some research on posters in this forum (the SportsHoopla) and didn’t come across anyone that posted like TitoMac. I don’t think he came over here but I didn’t join here until 2015.
If you go back to the early posts here, you all did seem to enjoy posting about the knuckleheads over at ESPN. It seemed a few of you enjoyed stirring the pot there and talking about it here.