• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/31 GDT Bum vs. Brew Crew

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see the difference between the name calling you guys frequently engage in and my innocuous comments on his prolific style then I can't really help you. However, point taken. I'll refrain from commenting on him.

That's an example of 'personal comments'.

So if you really do stop doing yours it gives you much more authority to ask us to stop. I'll stop too.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are different types of fans and they respond differently to the same situations. I personally fall closer to the actual fanatic version of the fan .... I think many of us on this board do as well .. and i do mean many of us ... I have personally sent countless hours hopping on and off the bandwagon during the season with the emotional flip-flop, "I knew we were going to self-destruct! ... All right, we won six straight! ... I knew we wouldn't keep playing this well! ... I knew we would bounce back!" routine as the season seems to drag along. Just for the record, this is probably my biggest fault as a Giant fan .... I overreact and tend to emotionalize everything. I've brokern furniture. Threw items at the TV. Cursed at the TV. Cursed at some of my favorite players. Cursed at the opposing team players. Stood up and cheered (waking the family) at 1am in the morning (NY time) when they've pulled one out. Gotten so agitated that I've returned some food .... after having already eaten it! I must have 'internally (not spoken or posted)" written off the Giants at least five different times this season, only to reverse positions a day or so later. I had given up on Panda roughly 100 times (almost every damn at bat) over the first 1/4 of this season. Thought Hicks was the second coming of Kent! Can I get some medication for this? Please ....
This is what a fan is! This is how I am. This is how some of us live and fight our way through this. BoB is the eternal optimist. The Giants could lose 40 in a row and there still would be tomorrow! Tzill just happens to be in the opposite camp at the moment. Deep down inside ..... without any medication to help ..... I think that Tzill has just put in writing what a few of us have thought over the past two months. I don't think he is any less of a fan ..... I'd still wager that he bleeds Orange and Black ..... just like the rest of us!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are different types of fans and they respond differently to the same situations. I personally fall closer to the actual fanatic version of the fan .... I think many of us on this board do as well .. and i do mean many of us ... I have personally sent countless hours hopping on and off the bandwagon during the season with the emotional flip-flop, "I knew we were going to self-destruct! ... All right, we won six straight! ... I knew we wouldn't keep playing this well! ... I knew we would bounce back!" routine as the season seems to drag along. Just for the record, this is probably my biggest fault as a Giant fan .... I overreact and tend to emotionalize everything. I've brokern furniture. Threw items at the TV. Cursed at the TV. Cursed at some of my favorite players. Cursed at the opposing team players. Stood up and cheered (waking the family) at 1am in the morning (NY time) when they've pulled one out. Gotten so agitated that I've returned some food .... after having already eaten it! I must have 'internally (not spoken or posted)" written off the Giants at least five different times this season, only to reverse positions a day or so later. I had given up on Panda roughly 100 times (almost every damn at bat) over the first 1/4 of this season. Thought Hicks was the second coming of Kent! Can I get some medication for this? Please ....
This is what a fan is! This is how I am. This is how some of us live and fight our way through this. BoB is the eternal optimist. The Giants could lose 40 in a row and there still would be tomorrow! Tzill just happens to be in the opposite camp at the moment. Deep down inside ..... without any medication to help ..... I think that Tzill has just put in writing what a few of us have thought over the past two months. I don't think he is any less of a fan ..... I'd still wager that he bleeds Orange and Black ..... just like the rest of us!

Thanks SF. You get it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great description of your way of fandom, very emotional. If you're a 9 in fan emotionality I'm about a 6.

But the bolded? I never once thought we should be sellers this year. And I would be surprised if any more than 1 or 2 of all of us did.

Anyway, I'm ready to move on, focus on the playoff run in September, tzill and I have belabored this quite enough.

It's fun again watching these guys, and I'll try to remember that when we lose 3 in a row. IF we do....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beautiful post.

Thanks!

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great description of your way of fandom, very emotional. If you're a 9 in fan emotionality I'm about a 6.

But the bolded? I never once thought we should be sellers this year. And I would be surprised if any more than 1 or 2 of all of us did.

Anyway, I'm ready to move on, focus on the playoff run in September, tzill and I have belabored this quite enough.

It's fun again watching these guys, and I'll try to remember that when we lose 3 in a row. IF we do....

I can't speak for Tzill ... but you bring up an intesting point ... from my perspective .... As you said .... on a fan emotional scale I am close to a 9 .... but being a 9 also means I waver very quickly .... I can go from the depths of 'this team sucks' to 'there is light at the end of this tunnel ... we're back' in a second (one game actually). IMHO I don't think that Tzill turns positions very quickly and that leads to a 'follow through' of where he is at the time. Where he is at the moment is .... we suck and need to look forward to next year. I don't agree with the position but I kind of understand it. Think of BoB ... just at the opposite end of the spectrum. That's how it makes sense to me or at least allows me to rationalize everyting. When we make the playoffs I think you will see a modified version of Tzill.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for Tzill ... but you bring up an intesting point ... from my perspective .... As you said .... on a fan emotional scale I am close to a 9 .... but being a 9 also means I waver very quickly .... I can go from the depths of 'this team sucks' to 'there is light at the end of this tunnel ... we're back' in a second (one game actually). IMHO I don't think that Tzill turns positions very quickly and that leads to a 'follow through' of where he is at the time. Where he is at the moment is .... we suck and need to look forward to next year. I don't agree with the position but I kind of understand it. Think of BoB ... just at the opposite end of the spectrum. That's how it makes sense to me or at least allows me to rationalize everyting. When we make the playoffs I think you will see a modified version of Tzill.

If we make the playoffs (and not as a second wild card), I will be happy to eat crow.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prophet Jeremiah castigates those “who go about with slanders and who speak iniquity” (Jeremiah 9:2-4)

The Hebrew term lashon hara (or loshon hora) (Hebrew לשון הרע; "evil tongue") is the halakhic term for derogatory speech about another person. he communicator of Lashon Hara violates the prohibition of "Lo telech rachil b'ameicha" (Leviticus 19:16) -- You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people.

For it to be slander, my statements would have to be false.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For it to be slander, my statements would have to be false.

It depends upon the definition. In modern law, sure. In biblical times, no. It would include character assassination.

True or not.