• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8/29 Vanderbilt - Ole Miss GDT

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it, I still find it utterly amazing how Vandy snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That's got to be a new way to lose if I've ever seen one.......giving up a 75 yard TD RUN in the 2 minute drill.......how is that even possible? I need to see the play again, they should have been in nickel or dime with 2 deep safeties to begin with.......just wow.

To be fair to Vandy the run play probably shocked them. At that point in the game with under 2 to go you usually expect the team who is down by 3 to pass on every possession until they get in fg range at least. I was real surprised they ran it. Vandy probably only had 5 or 6 man in the box but shout out to the 2 Ole Miss WR who had terrific blocks on the edges which broke the play open

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your poor excuse for not staying up til 1 AM? I woke up at 6 AM this morning for work so don't give me this BS about waking up early for work

im dying today. usc game didn't end til 2:15 and had an ending the left me not being able to sleep

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it, I still find it utterly amazing how Vandy snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That's got to be a new way to lose if I've ever seen one.......giving up a 75 yard TD RUN in the 2 minute drill.......how is that even possible? I need to see the play again, they should have been in nickel or dime with 2 deep safeties to begin with.......just wow.

I don't know ... He threw on the burners and I typed "Gone" when he turned the corner at the sideline.
I mean you are right about the 2 minute drill ... But he was hauling ass when he cut back in.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to teach their DBs how to tackle.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Vandy the run play probably shocked them. At that point in the game with under 2 to go you usually expect the team who is down by 3 to pass on every possession until they get in fg range at least. I was real surprised they ran it. Vandy probably only had 5 or 6 man in the box but shout out to the 2 Ole Miss WR who had terrific blocks on the edges which broke the play open

Thats the point. In that situation you defend the edges to keep them from getting out of bounds to stop the clock......and you should have 2 deep safeties.

It was bad defense. The RB just took advantage of REALLY poor defensive play calling/execution.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ... You missed a good game ... After half-time anyway.
Ole Miss and Vandy put up some good series.
Ole Miss would bring the game back to close ... Vandy would respond.

Matthews got hit so hard on one play that he blew snot bubbles and threw up on the field.
Then he turned around and walked a catch in for 6 a few plays later with no one covering him.
But Vandy left too much time on the clock ... Enough to give Scott 75 yards and a TD.

College Football is back ... And the bottle was empty by the final whistle.
-
Funny. Matthews is the best wr in the SEC and nobody even knows his name.

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Funny. Matthews is the best wr in the SEC and nobody even knows his name.

Well ... All I can say is that I know his name now, and didn't have to look it up this morning.
That really says a lot with my limited knowledge of most rosters.

He convinced me that Vandy might be worth watching this season ... In the time slots where my interests aren't covered elsewhere.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ... All I can say is that I know his name now, and didn't have to look it up this morning.

He convinced me that Vandy might be worth watching this season ... In the time slots where my interests aren't covered elsewhere.
-
Led the SEC in receptions last yr and finished 12 yds away from 1st in yards. He is legit. Tredwell impressed. Ole Miss may have 2 of the more TALENTED starting WRs in the country with Treadwell and Moncrief. Very long on potential.

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Led the SEC in receptions last yr and finished 12 yds away from 1st in yards. He is legit. Tredwell impressed. Ole Miss may have 2 of the more TALENTED starting WRs in the country with Treadwell and Moncrief. Very long on potential.

No doubt Treadwell and Moncrief produced on the field and looked good ... But I think that Wallace did okay on the ground as well.
A couple of big gains on the option ... And he walked a few in for points.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Treadwell and Moncrief produced on the field and looked good ... But I think that Wallace did okay on the ground as well.
A couple of big gains on the option ... And he walked a few in for points.
-
Both are not there. Moncrief is going to annoy Ole Miss fans. He should be much better, but has hands issues and effort issues at times. Treadwell is still young, but it will be very interesting to see that duo late in the yr. SEC powers all get them reasonably early. Last 5 games are Idaho, Ark, Troy, Mizzu, and Miss State.

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Both are not there. Moncrief is going to annoy Ole Miss fans. He should be much better, but has hands issues and effort issues at times. Treadwell is still young, but it will be very interesting to see that duo late in the yr. SEC powers all get them reasonably early. Last 5 games are Idaho, Ark, Troy, Mizzu, and Miss State.

Whoa, Crap ... I am not afraid to say that I am relatively new to College Football, behind the curve ... And catching up as fast as I can.

I didn't give a shit about football until I attended LSU.

So with that in mind ... You may be able to see where I might have a soft spot for watching a quarterback that doesn't have lead feet ... And can move the ball when he has to.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing finish to a good game.
When the dude puked on the field I thought it was over.
Nope
So worth losing a few extra hours of sleep.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I missed a good game by going to sleep at 10:30. Damn. I sure thought Vandy had it.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrub vs Scrub on Scrub night. Exciting game, though. If Vandy dropped 35 on Ole Miss, I think Texas drops 70 + easily, providing Mack doesn't call off the dogs again.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im dying today. usc game didn't end til 2:15 and had an ending the left me not being able to sleep

I own the company, so I slept until noon. Just saying. :suds:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a new QB, too. Give him a few games and he might be pretty good.

I love Matthews self-given nickname: 2 Star. Just to remind everyone what they missed out on.

It was a sellout, even if 30% of the stadium was Ole Miss. Didn't see that happen ever in my days at Vandy.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrub vs Scrub on Scrub night. Exciting game, though. If Vandy dropped 35 on Ole Miss, I think Texas drops 70 + easily, providing Mack doesn't call off the dogs again.

They should. I wasn't impressed with any team I watched play last night. Not that they're historically impressive teams anyway I guess.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Takes one to know one, UT fan.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that you in the avatar? Even if not, welcome to college football.

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you in the avatar? Even if not, welcome to college football.

I wish ... My boobs aren't that big.
I have darker hair, really prefer neoprene over latex and have a pair of Ruger P-85's but no Desert Eagles.

I'll put up a real avi after I have been around for a while .. And thanks for the Welcome.
Is anyone running a weekly pick game without the points ... I can pick the games, but not so good on guessing the points?