• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8/20 GDT PeaveMe @ Chubbs

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panik really takes that outside pitch to left. Outstanding approach. 3 hits now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susac is WAY too young to pull the "that was a ball, so I am walking to first before you call it" routine. Rooks doing that will only piss off umpires.

The ump made the right call on that pitch, btw (according to MLB at-bat)

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machi w/10 pitch 9th, WINNER.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mission continues...Giants win 8-3

The Giants played to a packed house and they jammed winning 8-3 tonight in Chicago. Peavy won his second straight game wearing that #22 proud. His 7 innings of 2 ER ball were plenty enough as the Giants put a 4 spot up in the 1st inning and never looked back.

Pence ,Panik , and Ishikawa were the key players combining for 8 hits and 5 RBI's. Susac added his first MLB HR a 2 run shot to right which had the Giants dugout pumped up. Pence also had a HR and Sandoval had 2 hits. Morse scored two runs.

The contributions of the young players have really lifted this Band of Brothers and last nights debacle of the tarp game seemed to have pulled the team together. Peavy was huge tonight and his fire inside has added a little more intensity to this club.

Good news from last night as the protest was upheld and the Giants will get a chance to finish that game tomorrow at 2 PM central time before the regular game scheduled. Props to Cubs management for backing the protest and do what is right. As the Cubs manager said today that he believes in Karma and the right thing was done. Finally some common sense wins in the game.

Tonight it was Sweet home Chicago for the Giants as they rocked the house and made it their home away from home. Good Karma in the Windy City.

Look I think I just spotted Elwood and Jake.

The mission continues...

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher::popsdance::yes:

on youtube...

Blues Brothers - Sweet Home Chicago

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tying run at the plate for the doggies, bottom8…

edit: and Kemp goes down still 4-1 pads.

Last edited by a moderator:

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants played to a packed house and they jammed winning 8-3 tonight in Chicago. Peavy won his second straight game wearing that #22 proud. His 7 innings of 2 ER ball were plenty enough as the Giants put a 4 spot up in the 1st inning and never looked back.

Pence ,Panik , and Ishikawa were the key players combining for 8 hits and 5 RBI's. Susac added his first MLB HR a 2 run shot to right which had the Giants dugout pumped up. Pence also had a HR and Sandoval had 2 hits. Morse scored two runs.

The contributions of the young players have really lifted this Band of Brothers and last nights debacle of the tarp game seemed to have pulled the team together. Peavy was huge tonight and his fire inside has added a little more intensity to this club.

Good news from last night as the protest was upheld and the Giants will get a chance to finish that game tomorrow at 2 PM central time before the regular game scheduled. Props to Cubs management for backing the protest and do what is right. As the Cubs manager said today that he believes in Karma and the right thing was done. Finally some common sense wins in the game.

Tonight it was Sweet home Chicago for the Giants as they rocked the house and made it their home away from home. Good Karma in the Windy City.

Look I think I just spotted Elwood and Jake.

The mission continues...

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher::popsdance::yes:

on youtube...

Blues Brothers - Sweet Home Chicago

That was not anywhere near a packed house. What exactly is wrong with you?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk_001.JPG

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game back in loss column? :omg:

The rarest of baseball occurrences, way more rare than a perfecto, in our favor? Thanks, Robotech

Injury bug biting LA? :nod:

Panik the real deal? Morse is back? Pagan IS back...

Peavy not just replacing Cain, but upgrading his spot in the rotation? :nod:

Is the pendulum swinging back, right as we enter the home stretch? :think: :nod: :noidea:

All I know is, it's fun again! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rarest of baseball occurrences, way more rare than a perfecto, in our favor? Thanks, Robotech

Injury bug biting LA? :nod:

Is the pendulum swinging back, right as we enter the home stretch? :think: :nod: :noidea:

A win is a win. Today was great.

But I want to see what we do this weekend (@ the Nats). And next weekend (vs the Crew). And the weekend after that (@ the Tiggers). Those will be the real tests.

We still have not won a series against a team with a winning record in ALMOST 3 MONTHS. That is not just an odd occurrence. That is not a small sample size. That is a serious fucking issue.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injury bug biting US? :nod:

Is the pendulum swinging back, right as we enter the home stretch?

:fify:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You definitely Debbie Downered it for me.

We don't have any new injuries (Belt been hurt forever, Pagan back now), and Cain's injury probably helped the team (Peavy for Cain isn't as good as Bum for Wellemeyer but it's the same direction). Heck maybe if Belt is truly out for the year they will step up and get Castillo so Morse can just stay at 1B permanently.

Meanwhile the Dodgers pitchers keep going down...

But whatever, we suck, no chance, blah blah blah.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win. Today was great.

But I want to see what we do this weekend (@ the Nats). And next weekend (vs the Crew). And the weekend after that (@ the Tiggers). Those will be the real tests.

We still have not won a series against a team with a winning record in ALMOST 3 MONTHS. That is not just an odd occurrence. That is not a small sample size. That is a serious fucking issue.

Sure, we gotta start beating good teams to be truly back. For the first time in a while I feel like we can do so.

Or not, because we suck whatever blah blah blah.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You definitely Debbie Downered it for me.

We don't have any new injuries (Belt been hurt forever, Pagan back now), and Cain's injury probably helped the team (Peavy for Cain isn't as good as Bum for Wellemeyer but it's the same direction). Heck maybe if Belt is truly out for the year they will step up and get Castillo so Morse can just stay at 1B permanently.

Meanwhile the Dodgers pitchers keep going down...

But whatever, we suck, no chance, blah blah blah.

Just sayin...we've been hit pretty hard by the injury bug ourselves. Cain, Casilla, Scoots, BB9, MVP, Panik, Oxy.

That is all...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin...we've been hit pretty hard by the injury bug ourselves. Cain, Casilla, Scoots, BB9, MVP, Panik, Oxy.

That is all...

And I'm just sayin' most of those are old news, we've weathered our injury bug (Casilla, MVP, Oxy are back) or improved the team (Peavy, Panik, Susac, MAYBE Castillo?) because of it. LA's injuries are new, and to 2 of their 'big 3' pitchers, not to mention Uribe.

If anything you harping on this should remind you that we played like shit when we were injured not because we suck. But I doubt that will work on your Debbie Downer self. :noidea:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm just sayin' most of those are old news, we've weathered our injury bug (Casilla, MVP, Oxy are back) or improved the team (Peavy, Panik, Susac, MAYBE Castillo?) because of it. LA's injuries are new, and to 2 of their 'big 3' pitchers, not to mention Uribe.

If anything you harping on this should remind you that we played like shit when we were injured not because we suck. But I doubt that will work on your Debbie Downer self. :noidea:

Greinke is hurt? I hadn't heard that. I knew about Ryu.

As for "not because we suck." 6-18 is historically awful. Historically.

No team has ever made the playoffs playing that poorly over that amount of games. We would be the first.

One could very well argue that we did "suck." Now, if you want to continue the ad hominem crap, I'll accommodate you. Otherwise, let's move on...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke is hurt? I hadn't heard that. I knew about Ryu.

As for "not because we suck." 6-18 is historically awful. Historically.

No team has ever made the playoffs playing that poorly over that amount of games. We would be the first.

One could very well argue that we did "suck." Now, if you want to continue the ad hominem crap, I'll accommodate you. Otherwise, let's move on...

Is the bolded factual? I'm not saying it couldn't be it would just surprise me, teams have bad stretches all the time in playoff years (see Giants, 2010).

Greinke is hurt, not DL but skipping a start, arm soreness or some such

I admit you bring out the ad hominem in me when you ad hominem the Giants. Especially in GDTs. I don't understand the hate.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the bolded factual? I'm not saying it couldn't be it would just surprise me, teams have bad stretches all the time in playoff years (see Giants, 2010).

Greinke is hurt, not DL but skipping a start, arm soreness or some such

I admit you bring out the ad hominem in me when you ad hominem the Giants. Especially in GDTs. I don't understand the hate.

I was unable to find a playoff team that had ever gone 6-18 over any 24 game period. I'm willing to be wrong.

If you have a problem with what I post, then criticize the POST, and not ME. Thanks.

Thanks for the update on Greinke.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unable to find a playoff team that had ever gone 6-18 over any 24 game period. I'm willing to be wrong.

If you have a problem with what I post, then criticize the POST, and not ME. Thanks.

Thanks for the update on Greinke.

YOU are the poster. When YOU start throwing all caps F-bombs at the players I root for after they give up 2 runs in the 2nd inning of some game in July, I'm criticizing YOU. And usually I'm just busting your balls. You can take it, I never thought of you as a hothouse flower on here.