• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7th Symphony - Sharks vs Red Wings 10/28 GDT

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, Auto would have gone on the ice with his light saber and cut off Thornton's legs.

Good game Wings fans, missed a period and a half. Sounded like some questionable calls on both sides. Have a good evening all.

Damn Auto got stuck outside working on a roof until dark. And it was over an hour away from home. Been looking forward to this game for awhile and I fucking missed it. Looks like the big guns did some scoring tonight.

Congrats on the win Filo and crew. I'll have to ask the other Wingnuts if you deserved it or not. Nothing personal, you understand...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Wings fans. Wish I couldda watched this one. I DVR'd it but the Comcast signal, with their great service that they always run all these commercials for to tell me just how wonderful said service is, went out about 12 minutes into the first period. I fucking hate comcast so much. It's incredible how many times I've gotten screwed with their wonderful service. FUCK.

/rant

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good game Wings fans. Wish I couldda watched this one. I DVR'd it but the Comcast signal, with their great service that they always run all these commercials for to tell me just how wonderful said service is, went out about 12 minutes into the first period. I fucking hate comcast so much. It's incredible how many times I've gotten screwed with their wonderful service. FUCK.

/rant

Never came back on? that's shitty. I only have myself and my employees to be mad at.

Also, I'm about to switch to satellite next month and all the stories I hear on here are making me nervous.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never came back on? that's shitty. I only have myself and my employees to be mad at.

Also, I'm about to switch to satellite next month and all the stories I hear on here are making me nervous.

I don't know how long the signal to the cable box went out for, probably only a minute or two, but it was long enough to cut off the recording and I wasn't around to start it back up so I lost out on 50 minutes of the game. Damn shame too the first 10 minutes I thought were fantastic even with the Sharks down 1-0 at that point.

I've heard bad things about satellite too, but man my experience with comcast (both TV and internet) has just been absolutely horrible. I don't see how it could possibly be any worse.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know how long the signal to the cable box went out for, probably only a minute or two, but it was long enough to cut off the recording and I wasn't around to start it back up so I lost out on 50 minutes of the game. Damn shame too the first 10 minutes I thought were fantastic even with the Sharks down 1-0 at that point.

I've heard bad things about satellite too, but man my experience with comcast (both TV and internet) has just been absolutely horrible. I don't see how it could possibly be any worse.

Oh, I see. I'm not too quick, this is kinda late for me.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see. I'm not too quick, this is kinda late for me.

No worries bud. Just frustrating. I didn't splurge for center ice this year (I suppose I still could) so Sharks games on TV are very few and far between up here in Washington. And there's something special about beating Detroit, which is a testament to how good the Red Wings are and just how tough they are to beat particularly at home. Kind of like beating the Yankees in baseball. Looking at a box score just isn't nearly as much fun as watching the game.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No worries bud. Just frustrating. I didn't splurge for center ice this year (I suppose I still could) so Sharks games on TV are very few and far between up here in Washington. And there's something special about beating Detroit, which is a testament to how good the Red Wings are and just how tough they are to beat particularly at home. Kind of like beating the Yankees in baseball. Looking at a box score just isn't nearly as much fun as watching the game.

It's about our turn for some of that fun, John...:D

These games mean something to Detroit too. I just read that Val Fil was throwin' elbows! Whattupwiththat!?

Like I said earlier today, these two were made for each other. Half of me loves it and the other half wants to punch big and little Joe. Fun stuff...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute....we are more likable than the Yankees though, right?

Heh, definitely. I don't watch the Red Wings to watch them lose in the playoffs. They are a fun team to watch. I watch the Yankees in the playoffs for the sole purpose of watching them lose. If they are about to win I change the channel. And when it comes to Datsyuk and Zetterberg I feel the same way. I just wanna punch those guys in the face when they're skating circles around the Sharks D. But damn are they fun to watch.

San Jose has definitely had a string of success against the Red Wings recently. It's still hard to believe 2 playoff series in a row and the Sharks also have a 4 game winning streak in Joe Louis in the regular season. I think it took the Sharks 14 years just to win 4 games there total. It's not gonna last forever though and the Wings are gonna get their wins. They almost pulled off the comeback last year, giving most Sharks fans a minor heart attack. It's nice to see that the Red Wings value beating San Jose, it shows how good the Sharks have been recently, but still it just doesn't quite have the same ring to it as the opposite with the Sharks coming up short in the Stanley Cup department. Despite that, an obvious rivalry has developed between the Sharks and the Wings and as long as Thornton/Marleau and Zetterberg/Datsyuk are around it should continue, but if the Sharks can manage to win a Cup, I think this rivalry could become the best in the league.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heh, definitely. I don't watch the Red Wings to watch them lose in the playoffs. They are a fun team to watch. I watch the Yankees in the playoffs for the sole purpose of watching them lose. If they are about to win I change the channel. And when it comes to Datsyuk and Zetterberg I feel the same way. I just wanna punch those guys in the face when they're skating circles around the Sharks D. But damn are they fun to watch.

San Jose has definitely had a string of success against the Red Wings recently. It's still hard to believe 2 playoff series in a row and the Sharks also have a 4 game winning streak in Joe Louis in the regular season. I think it took the Sharks 14 years just to win 4 games there total. It's not gonna last forever though and the Wings are gonna get their wins. They almost pulled off the comeback last year, giving most Sharks fans a minor heart attack. It's nice to see that the Red Wings value beating San Jose, it shows how good the Sharks have been recently, but still it just doesn't quite have the same ring to it as the opposite with the Sharks coming up short in the Stanley Cup department. Despite that, an obvious rivalry has developed between the Sharks and the Wings and as long as Thornton/Marleau and Zetterberg/Datsyuk are around it should continue, but if the Sharks can manage to win a Cup, I think this rivalry could become the best in the league.

I hear teams all the time say they try to do things like Detroit, but you guys are actually pulling it off. And you play with a little more of an edge. Play with that edge without crossing the line, and they will frustrate teams like no other...and they'll get a Cup, imo.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in my experience satellite isn't as bad as the cable companies like to make it out to be. they love to exaggerate how in even the smallest rain storm the signal will go out, which is not true. My neighbors have cable and their tv goes out more than my satellite does.