• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/7 GDT doggies @ Bad News Bears

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Romo. He needs to cool it with some of his antics.

I'd like to see the stats on Romo pitching in non-closing situations.

I suspect they are not good, and that Bochy should have gone with Dunning to start the ninth.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we saw some great pitching again in the final 2 games and it was much more competitive ball.

just not our year, it happens.

Remember when we were still 'in it' because the whole division was playing bad? That's not happening anymore, AZ is picking it up, and LA is clearly moving into the fight. we, uh, aren't.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember when we were still 'in it' because the whole division was playing bad? That's not happening anymore, AZ is picking it up, and LA is clearly moving into the fight. we, uh, aren't.

I'm just happy to see good baseball, finally

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a tough loss

Mutts and Padres this week , need to finish the first half strong

Giants face Harvey Monday and Wheeler in the Wednesday day game

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a tough loss

Mutts and Padres this week , need to finish the first half strong

Giants face Harvey Monday and Wheeler in the Wednesday day game

it's all academic now IMO.

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pence is down to . 266

Pablo is down to .259

No Pagan in the leadoff spot and these 2 killing us in the middle of the lineup

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's all academic now IMO.

I'll wait until the Giants 9 game Home stand to open the 2nd half is over before I go into full panic mode

6 back in the loss column is not the end of the world

I do agree things are not looking good

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Boch need to rattle some heads??? The status quo hasn't been working for some time now, as the dodger announcers reported that the G's have the worst record in baseball since mid may. :mad:

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow, i leave for a while and it starts getting Disney in here.

its not even the all star break. were 6.5 out, pre all star game, with some key pitchers close to returning.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lousy, stagnant series coming up vs. the Mets. Giants will get shut down by Harvey, just trying to meet their quota of 2 runs per game. Inconsistent pitching and fundamentals, along with scoring just 33 runs in 16 games spells this garbage baseball. It's not World Series or bust, it's about being competitive. This team has a difficult time just being competitive, and that's what is unacceptable.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can this team, with these players, go on a 10-2 run and get back in it? sure, not impossible, I'd love to see it. but it's DEFINITELY not the way to bet.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can this team, with these players, go on a 10-2 run and get back in it? sure, not impossible, I'd love to see it. but it's DEFINITELY not the way to bet.

well, i did bet this chick at my work whos a dodgers fan the giants would win 10-0 friday night :doh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, i leave for a while and it starts getting Disney in here.

its not even the all star break. were 6.5 out, pre all star game, with some key pitchers close to returning.

Have you been watching this team the last 6 weeks or so? It doesn't matter how many games back they are. They are showing ZERO signs of life.

I am giving them until the break. If they do not show me SOMETHING, I say go in full sell mode (Pence, Blanco, Scoots, JLo, Romo, Timmeh, Gaudin, Affeldt, Creosote (if anyone will take him)...).

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been watching this team the last 6 weeks or so? It doesn't matter how many games back they are. They are showing ZERO signs of life.

I am giving them until the break. If they do not show me SOMETHING, I say go in full sell mode (Pence, Blanco, Scoots, JLo, Romo, Timmeh, Gaudin, Affeldt, Creosote (if anyone will take him)...).

At this rate, sadly, they should be sellers at the trade deadline.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me some of those guys would be useful next year (Panda, Scoots, Sergio, maybe Affeldt and Gaudin and Blanco too), are you saying do a total tear down and build for 2015 or later or are you saying none of those guys make sense for us to keep but you still want to win next year?

for me, and I've already thrown in the the towel on 2013, we have enough to compete next year, I just dont want to be a buyer this year, and to trade whomever we will definitely not see back for whatever we can get: Pence, Timmy are really it

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Careful - I don't think we should sell any pieces which might be part of 2014 and beyond, unless someone overpays. We all know what we are - we're just negotiating the price.

In your order:

Pence - I still think he's a keeper, but his bat during this spin has me dismayed. He's young enough, well-liked, respected, and he's a 4 1/2 tool player (doesn't hit for average so well). Replacing him with someone else as good is going to cost as much as he does, so dumping him doesn't make sense to me.

Blanco - has shown some signs of improvement, though the ceiling is not high. Becoming a clutch hitter, great defense, and cheap. We should keep him as a 4th OF.

Scoots - wouldn't mind if we moved him. We have some depth at 2B

JLo - having another great year. Hate to lose him. Nice specialty guy to have, but it doesn't make sense to keep him if we are not a contender. But if someone pays enough, we seem to have organizational depth in the BP.

Romo - I fear he we have seen his best days. Someone could pay a high price for help now. He won't get better performance-wise in the next couple years, IMO, and we have depth coming up.

Timmeh - someone will pay well for him, and he likely won't be here next year anyway.

Gaudin - he has been one of the few bright spots, and we need SP's going forward. He should stay.

Affeldt - we have BP depth and he is expensive. Likely will go downhill from here, so this would be a good time to move him.

Sr Creosote - I'm willing to give him one more chance to stay in shape. He's young enough to keep.

I would say only Cain, Bum, Posey, and Craw are untouchable at this point. Maybe Panda, for now.

My two kroons.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's an easy cop out but the poor play did somewhat correlate to the number of key injuries sustained.

Even the ones that didn't go to the DL, craw and scoots etc, saw a drop off in play from fluky injuries. Early in the season, the pitching was atrocious, that has righted itself somewhat.

To call this a lost season now is kinda silly, the landscape of baseball changes dramatically with the dog days and trade deadline.

But I'm in agreement that unless we see more of yesterday's baseball and less of Friday's, we shouldn't be in buy mode.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me some of those guys would be useful next year (Panda, Scoots, Sergio, maybe Affeldt and Gaudin and Blanco too), are you saying do a total tear down and build for 2015 or later or are you saying none of those guys make sense for us to keep but you still want to win next year?

for me, and I've already thrown in the the towel on 2013, we have enough to compete next year, I just dont want to be a buyer this year, and to trade whomever we will definitely not see back for whatever we can get: Pence, Timmy are really it

No, not a total tear down. I think we still can compete in '14.

The guys I listed are either replaceable or FAs.

Panda is the only piece that may actually hurt moving forward.

Gaudin may be a keeper for next year, but he is enough of a wildcard that if someone gives a piece that SabeySabes likes, by all means, take the bounty.