• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/5 GDT doggies @ Champs

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get to post as often or even watch as many Giants games as i would want to but all I gotta say is "Oh my goodness..!"

What happened to this team, indeed. I agree a shakeup is needed. New blood would be a good thing as sometimes familiarity breeds contempt. (Play for the guy next to you might get tiring over time)

But, in no way am I throwing in the towel on this year...not with 3 months left to play and the schedule looking more favorable as the season continues.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is time for some kind of message. This is ridiculous.

Bam am needs to be fired.
Panda needs to be optioned (he can up until early August).
Boch needs to turn over the buffet table.

SOMETHING.

This is no one persons fault. We all know that, but regardless, an example needs to be made. Unfortunately, there are no Tejada's, Rowand's or Cabrera's that can be DFA'd. The only DFA candidate is GQ, and he simply would not send the message needed.

Let's not forget the speech Sabes made to the pitchers in '10. Totally turned the team around.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddamnit. I go to the Y with a one run lead, and Cain having had a 7 pitch inning. WTF?

Don't consider Casilla a closer prospect, please.
We've been through extended periods (half a season not long ago) with very low risp, but we had very effective D and pitching at the time.
I thought Cain had worked through his ummm, problems, but...
Hmm, at least Kick brought his era down some.

Edit: Yep benching the panda I agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have said you want to be a journalist.

Serious question (yes, I am putting you to task)...

Are you a fan or a writer? You can't be both if your priority is writing.

You are either a writer/fan or a fanatic/blogger.

This is part of what killed my journalistic ambitions. The degree still hangs in the downstairs bathroom, and a few resume reels and article portfolios sit under dust in a closet. I'm not mentioning this as a deterrent. I mean to bring some validity to the importance of his question. We all love sports, but after a few different "careers," I can honestly tell you the enjoyment of aspects of sports fandom and writing isn't enough to make sports journalism a fulfilling profession. Only you can experience it to receive the answer you need. Just my :2cents: