• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.31 Chubbs @DixonDay

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaaaybe one more inning for the Rodominator?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant start for the Rodominator...now start packing up the house.

BRING ME VOLPE

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far away is he from being ready?

spent the whole year in AA. He was 3 years younger than the comp, and he kinda held his own, though certainly not putting up eye popping numbers.

I am far from any kind of expert on him, but I wonder if he doesn’t project more as a 2B than a SS (maybe center or left). He doesn’t have a rocket arm. Luciano has the rocket arm, but he is probably too big for short, so I expect him to play 3B at the MLB level (maybe right).

i would guess he might be ready for a cuppo by late next season.

Last edited:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

spent the whole year in AA. He was 3 years younger than the comp, and he kinda held his own, though certainly not putting up eye popping numbers.

I am far from any kind of expert on him, but I wonder if he doesn’t project more as a 2B than a SS (maybe center or left). He doesn’t have a rocket arm. Luciano has the rocket arm, but he is probably too big for short, so I expect him to play 3B at the MLB level (maybe right).

i would guess he might be ready for a cuppo by late next season.
Those are pretty good numbers for a Eastern League position player 3 years younger than the league average. Remember, this is the same league that Richmond is in. Guys older than him hit far worse.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are pretty good numbers for a Eastern League position player 3 years younger than the league average. Remember, this is the same league that Richmond is in. Guys older than him hit far worse.
if we were to acquire him, I would expect him to start next season in Richmond, then, depending on his production and Craw’s health, he would get the call by about the ASB. But like I said, (as someone who has never seen him play) he might be more of a 2B than a SS. So maybe his call up would be more dependant on the 2B picture next year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine a middle infield of Volpe and Luciano....man oh man.
I am not convinced EITHER will stick as short.

Maybe Wilson takes SS. If he is flanked by Volpe at 2B and Luciano at 3B, we could live with his “lack” of a bat.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced EITHER will stick as short.

Maybe Wilson takes SS. If he is flanked by Volpe at 2B and Luciano at 3B, we could live with his “lack” of a bat.
I'm bummed that Wilson is down for what appears to be the rest of the season. His bat started to look better this year.