• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.22 Disco @

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game but followed on Gameday. At least, based on their pitch trackers, most calls seemed legitimate.

Was wondering about the overturned call at 2nd though. I couldn't see it but wondered if it was a good or bad call on the part of the ump in NYC.
That check swing which would have ended the game was very much strike 3

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn’t see it live, but the replay looked too close to overturn. Would like to hear from those who watched in real time.
It was a shit game from start to finish, you didn’t miss anything.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if the Dodgers just felt like dumping him, we could be the charitable team that takes him off their hands for a C or maybe even B level prospect. Just out of the goodness of our hearts.
We promise not to boo him

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That check swing which would have ended the game was very much strike 3
Then I'd be ticked too if I were a Dodger. That stinks when the other team wins a game that should have been over. But . . . this was the Dodgers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t read the thread yet….

Just finished the game…

OMFG!!!

That first strike to Ruf was Eric Gregg level bad. It totally changed the whole personality of that AB. Not sure it warranted that horrible makeup call from the 1st base ump, though. Ruf could have gone yard with that swing if it made contact.

Does Jansen balk on every single pitch from the stretch? I am not sure I ever noticed that before.

When was the last time we won a game without going yard?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just finished the game…

OMFG!!!

That first strike to Ruf was Eric Gregg level bad. It totally changed the whole personality of that AB. Not sure it warranted that horrible makeup call from the 1st base ump, though. Ruf could have gone yard with that swing if it made contact.

Does Jansen balk on every single pitch from the stretch? I am not sure I ever noticed that before.

OK but you can't really put those on the same level. The first strike changed the count. The missed strike 3 check swing would have ended the entire game if called correctly.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just finished the game…

OMFG!!!

How weird is it to ask that question about the Giants? Unthinkable, before last year, for at least the past 15 years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK but you can't really put those on the same level. The first strike changed the count. The missed strike 3 check swing would have ended the entire game if called correctly.
Jansen couldn’t find the zone to safe his life. And the entire stadium was making plans to ambush him in the parking lot. Without that Eric Gregg called strike, Ruf was getting the walk either way. The next pitch was outside by 4 inches but he had to swing at it because of the previous pitch.

The non-swing call was immediate and final, but the Gregg-strike was almost as (potentially) game altering.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play at 2nd looked safe in real time. I didn’t think it even looked that close. I was shocked when he was called out.

IMHO, the reversal was the right call, but I would have “been ok” if it stood. It was too close to reverse, imho.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a wonderful gift!

I used to think getting that G.I. Joe training tower for Christmas back when I was in 5th grade was the best gift ever.

I stand corrected.

That really was strike 3.

Hopefully everyone will get the shit back together and we'll start beating people without the aid of blown calls.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could argue that the Dodgers will be hunting for relief help much like we will.