• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.21 DC Lumberyard

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty pitching, shitty hitting.

Just the full package tonight....hello losing streak.

This phuking sucks

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes gotta go down. He needs time in Sac.
I still like him. He is just on his heals and injuries have made impossible for him to go down for a breather. He absolutely needs a reset.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shitty starting pitching and shitty hitting is getting very phuking old.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 5-3 on the trip. It wasn't going to be easy. Each of the first 5 games could have gone either way, but they managed to win them.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like him. He is just on his heals and injuries have made impossible for him to go down for a breather. He absolutely needs a reset.
They got Fitzgerald, Diaz and Wilson down there. Diaz is already on the 40 man but both Fitzgerald and Wilson are hitting better. Surely, they could try one of them. Couldn't do much worse than Wisely and Schmitt are currently doing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got Fitzgerald, Diaz and Wilson down there. Diaz is already on the 40 man but both Fitzgerald and Wilson are hitting better. Surely, they could try one of them. Couldn't do much worse than Wisely and Schmitt are currently doing.
Diaz is the only possibility right now. How would they get Fitz or Wilson onto the roster?

And I am not really certain why Diaz is still around. If they aren’t going to use him when Schmitt OBVIOUSLY needs a breather, they don’t have any intention of using him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz is the only possibility right now. How would they get Fitz or Wilson onto the roster?

And I am not really certain why Diaz is still around.
If they aren’t going to use him when Schmitt OBVIOUSLY needs a breather, they don’t have any intention of using him.
I think you answered your own question.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on OPS+, the only Giants' hitters who are below average (less than 100) are:
Brett Wisely - 48
David Villar - 54
Casey Schmitt - 56
Luis Matos - 83

Here is my proposal on what I think the Giants should do:
Option both Schmitt and Wisely to AAA. They've been on the squad longer than Villar, consecutively, so I think they need more of a refresher.

DFA Isan Diaz and place Brandon Crawford on the 60 day IL. Purchase the contracts of Tyler Fitzgerald and Will Wilson. Crawford can come back at the end of the year and make a couple of appearances to end his time as a Giant.

Wild, I know, and every unlikely to happen but I think it should happen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on OPS+, the only Giants' hitters who are below average (less than 100) are:
Brett Wisely - 48
David Villar - 54
Casey Schmitt - 56
Luis Matos - 83

Option both Schmitt and Wisely to AAA. They've been on the squad longer than Villar, consecutively, so I think they need more of a refresher.

DFA Isan Diaz and place Brandon Crawford on the 60 day IL. Purchase the contracts of Tyler Fitzgerald and Will Wilson. Crawford can come back at the end of the year and make a couple of appearances to end his time as a Giant.

I acknowledge Craw is having a rough year, but I don’t know that shelving him (unless he legit needs it) is on the table yet. He is the “leader” of the team atm.

I have no prob with jettisoning Diaz. His mere existence is perplexing to me. And I would prefer giving Wilson first shot at the infield fill-in job. At this point he is the lessor prospect between he and Fitz and he has been around forever.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am starting to be concerned about VR. Was last year a pure aberration? What caused his complete disappearance? There was a very distinct reason Mac disappeared when he did (and what ever happened with his lawsuit against the club?), but there is no (known to me, at least) injury reason for VRs plummeting performance.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, but defense doesn't slump and both those guys are solid with the mitts.

Maybe Anderson from the Hose?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants on pace to go 89-73 on the season. Still pretty solid if they pull that off and may eke into the playoffs.
Given how the season has gone, "ekeing" into the playoffs would be a disappointing season.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Wisely - 48
David Villar - 54
Casey Schmitt - 56
Luis Matos - 83

why would they do that? He's still very good defensively and a franchise icon.

I think they trade for Duffy and bring him back.