• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/20

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luciano is not ready yet. I think he needs more seasoning. They could bring up Auerbach, Encarnacion or Schmitt.
I would really like to see Encarnacion. I am not expecting a world beater, but I think he deserves a shot.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to see Encarnacion. I am not expecting a world beater, but I think he deserves a shot.
With him (or Auerbach) who do you take off the 40 man roster? It would be easy if Jackson is the active roster casualty for Cobb (which, in my opinion, is who should be subtracted from the pitching staff). However, considering the Giants already made two 40 man roster cuts, it won't be him. That means the Giants would need to make space on both the 26 and 40 for Encarnacion.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you sell that anyone wants though? Snell maybe? Doval?

If we had good players to sell we might not be in this predicament. We aren't selling Ramos or Matos or Bailey.

Who do we have to sell that has value? Wade maybe?
Snell
Soler
Chapman
Conforto

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not when he's having trouble with AAA pitching. He needs to work on some things so his bat is ready.
Why do people think he has a "special" bat?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell
Soler
Chapman
Conforto
Already addressed this in post #40

Why would anyone take on Soler's salary, even for free?

Snell: no reason to trade, if he opts in great if he opts out great, not getting much for him

Chapman: they like him there, no legit better ones to plug in, if he opts out no big loss in terms of a return

Conforto: Ok sure trade him for a lottery ticket. Will have zero impact on the team

You're just mad, you want to see some guys gone out of spite. The team won't materially change if we trade them or if we don't

The only one that has to be gotten rid of is Soler, he's blocking others and provides absolutely nothing of value. Probably would have to put him on waivers though, no one will willing eat that salary. Or maybe we pay half or something. He does have to go.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already addressed this in post #40

Why would anyone take on Soler's salary, even for free?

Snell: no reason to trade, if he opts in great if he opts out great, not getting much for him

Chapman: they like him there, no legit better ones to plug in, if he opts out no big loss in terms of a return

Conforto: Ok sure trade him for a lottery ticket. Will have zero impact on the team

You're just mad, you want to see some guys gone out of spite. The team won't materially change if we trade them or if we don't

The only one that has to be gotten rid of is Soler, he's blocking others and provides absolutely nothing of value. Probably would have to put him on waivers though, no one will willing eat that salary. Or maybe we pay half or something. He does have to go.
And I've already answered:
1. Soler will be desired as an addition -- get him out of Oracle and he'll hit HRs. Won't get a ton of value but we won't have to eat salary
2. Snell will return a decent prospect and we are not going to the playoffs.
3. Chapman will return decent prospects; we are not going to the playoffs.
4. Forto won't return much but grab what value we can.

They won't do any of this, so it doesn't matter. FZ needs to be terminated.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've already answered:
1. Soler will be desired as an addition -- get him out of Oracle and he'll hit HRs. Won't get a ton of value but we won't have to eat salary
2. Snell will return a decent prospect and we are not going to the playoffs.
3. Chapman will return decent prospects; we are not going to the playoffs.
4. Forto won't return much but grab what value we can.

They won't do any of this, so it doesn't matter. FZ needs to be terminated.
We probably aren't going to the playoffs this year but Snell and Chapman can help us next year. Conforto is whatever, the OF next year looks like Ramos + Lee for sure, will they find someone better for LF? Yaz? Luciano?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably aren't going to the playoffs this year but Snell and Chapman can help us next year. Conforto is whatever, the OF next year looks like Ramos + Lee for sure, will they find someone better for LF? Yaz? Luciano?
Matos...or, at least I'd like to find out this year. Snell and Chap will bring back young talent.

Reactions: LHG

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matos...or, at least I'd like to find out this year. Snell and Chap will bring back young talent.
Snell perhaps. If Chapman had much value you wouldn't want to trade him. Who do you want over there instead, Schmitt?

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Snell keeps up his great pitching he won’t be coming back. The same with Chap if he feels he can get more and a longer contract he will be gone.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell perhaps. If Chapman had much value you wouldn't want to trade him. Who do you want over there instead, Schmitt?
yes, to start. I'd like to give him 60 games to see. And I do believe that Chap has value.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LHG

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, to start. I'd like to give him 60 games to see. And I do believe that Chap has value.
He has so much value we will keep him at 3rd

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has so much value we will keep him at 3rd
He has enough value that him opting out is a real possibility (though, not a guarantee). I think that he offers enough “off field” value, though, that I think keeping him is probably a better move than trading him.