• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7.16 Steeltown Lumbersweep

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Peacock mixes up their broadcast team to include someone knowledgeable from each team. This strategy obviously leads to some chemistry issues during the broadcast, but it adds to the knowledge getting passed.

That said, having interviews during the game has always bothered me. It tells me the production doesn’t care about the game.

And MLB giving a bunch of games to different networks/streaming services, then blacking out those games from AtBat subscribers strikes me as bait and switch. I pay $120 a year to get all Giants games. I understand I miss all Padre games. I am not OK with that, but I know it is there. But now you need to factor in ESPN, YouTube and Peacock. And they offer a bunch of “free game of the day”s throughout the season. They sure love nickel and diming my subscription fee into worthlessness.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Peacock mixes up their broadcast team to include someone knowledgeable from each team. This strategy obviously leads to some chemistry issues during the broadcast, but it adds to the knowledge getting passed.

That said, having interviews during the game has always bothered me. It tells me the production doesn’t care about the game.

And MLB giving a bunch of games to different networks/streaming services, then blacking out those games from AtBat subscribers strikes me as bait and switch. I pay $120 a year to get all Giants games. I understand I miss all Padre games. I am not OK with that, but I know it is there. But now you need to factor in ESPN, YouTube and Peacock. And they offer a bunch of “free game of the day”s throughout the season. They sure love nickel and diming my subscription fee into worthlessness.
Hunter Pence is one of them today...

Everytime I think I'm okay with Kap's managing style I watch a game and realize I'm not ... meh.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously pleased with the result, but Tyler was a phuking mess. Pretty rare.

Kinda surprised at the hook on Wood in the fourth, but it worked out. Beck was excellent

6 one pitch ABs 1-6
4 two pitch ABs 1-4
9 three pitch ABs 2-9

Hitting is still impatient. Craw really is looking washed.

Good win, on to Cincy. Webb on the bump tomorrow.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously pleased with the result, but Tyler was a phuking mess. Pretty rare.

Kinda surprised at the hook on Wood in the fourth, but it worked out. Beck was excellent

6 one pitch ABs 1-6
4 two pitch ABs 1-4
9 three pitch ABs 2-9

Hitting is still impatient. Craw really is looking washed.

Good win, on to Cincy. Webb on the bump tomorrow.
Again, Kap's style will drive you mad...