• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

63 pass attempts, no holding

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think officials are instructed or go into a game saying they are going to call a game favoring one team or the other though it often seems that way, I think it's the ESPN advantage, the officials are sports fans they probably watch ESPN and the coverage is so blatantly slanted towards the Saints, Packers, etc... subconsciously the officials have Black and Gold colored glasses on and next week they will have Green and Yellow colored glasses on or blue and white.

I don't think its specifically talked about but I think its impicit in their meetings with the officials.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it was pretty obvious they were either instructed, or chose, not to throw a lot of flags in this game. Its hard to argue against that when Bowman got up and shoved their FB? to the ground after he reached back and tugged on Bowman's facemask. That is something that *always* draws a personal foul, and for the official to just walk right in and separate them instead of instantly throwing the flag... it was pretty obvious they wouldn't be penalizing much this game.

As to why the Saints didn't draw a single flag...

Well, you guys just saw why there are elite QBs and teams in this league of parody. I mean, what do you know, without the officials killing drives... somehow Alex Smith managed 299 yards and 4 TDs... it sure is easy to join the "elite" crowd, when you only get penalized 3 times. Don't kid yourselves, no penalties is exactly what makes the Packers, Patriots, Saints, and the Colts with Manning "elite" teams.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OFF PI's were declined.

DPI, 12 men in the huddle when Harbaugh was trying to get a Time Out, I don't remember the other one.

Defensive offsides on Justin Smith when the Saints center moved the ball...

charles ponzi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its hard to argue against that when Bowman got up and shoved their FB? to the ground after he reached back and tugged on Bowman's facemask.

Bowman tapped the guy and he did a flop. If anything that should've been a penalty on the H-Back for bad acting.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hats off the NO O-line. I did not think anyone could do that. Apparently the refs this today thought they could.

Harbaugh needs to have someone make a tape and send to the NFL. Ridiculous.

good post, was going to start a thread on this too, good thing i saw it.

we did have a fumble but otherwise limted our mistakes. turnovers are by far the worse mistakes, but penalties follow. during the 4th quarter was thinking this same thing.

the other good thing that we tend to overlook, is coverages on ST's. what a fantastic job yesterday on both kick-offs and punts.