• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao...

Barkley, Cheeks, Wilt, Malone....

This is the kinda Shit that gives millenials a bad name.

You forgot to mention Shawn Bradley.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing - the 76ers beat the Heat without Embiid earlier this year. Different situation, different vibe, I don’t think Wade was with them then, but it may not be as big of a deal as some may expect. That -550 line has me feeling pretty good about the chances of taking Game 1.

On paper, the Sixers should win. But we all know that the playoffs are a different animal and the Sixers have virtually zero playoff experience. In the playoffs, experience matters a lot more than in the regular season.

The Thunder team that had KD, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka took a couple of seasons and a first round exit before they took the next step and got to the finals. That's just how it seems to work.

Not saying the Sixers can't buck the trend and the Heat aren't exactly world beaters. But in the playoffs, experience tends to win out.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, the Sixers should win. But we all know that the playoffs are a different animal and the Sixers have virtually zero playoff experience. In the playoffs, experience matters a lot more than in the regular season.

The Thunder team that had KD, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka took a couple of seasons and a first round exit before they took the next step and got to the finals. That's just how it seems to work.

Not saying the Sixers can't buck the trend and the Heat aren't exactly world beaters. But in the playoffs, experience tends to win out.
All very true. I am wondering if Miami will have enough to take advantage of the mental mistakes & convert them into wins - 4 out of 7 games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers take this game, this will be a short series I think. Assuming that Embiid will be back by the time they get to Miami.

Huge advantage for the Sixers that this is a home game. They have been untouchable at home for 4 months or so. They are 22-2 since the new year at home.

If the Heat win it then this is likely to be a really tough series and the Heat could pull off the win.

If the Sixers win game 1, you may be right, especially if they get Embiid back for game 2.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in regular season numbers, especially with a team as young as the Sixers.

Everything about the playoffs is different. The pressure is different, the game is officiated differently and it's the same team for 4-7 straight games which means adjustments have to be made game to game.

Those things tend to favor the more experienced team. I think D-Wade has more playoff experience by himself than the Sixers entire roster.

The Sixers definitely can win and are the more talented team, but I tend to go with the more experienced team in the playoffs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D Wade may be a shell of his former self.

But, even this Season, he has proven that he can explode for a game or two.

If this truly is the Season he seriously contemplates retirement.....

I can see him going out in a hail of bullets like Kobe did his last game against Utah.

* not that I watched it, and even if I did, I certainly didn't cheer for him *

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at a home team winning game 1 at home meaning it's going to be a short series.

Holy shit, Sixers fans are cocky as hell because they're on an extended win streak against a mainly shitty teams

Should be noted that Miami beat Philly 2X after the AS break WITH Embiid

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put into words how dumb it is to say the team with HCA winning game 1 at home mean it will be a short series

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see him going out in a hail of bullets like Kobe did his last game against Utah.

closet Kobe fan????? :heh:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of D-Wade.

Always the first in the gym and last to leave.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers win game 1, you may be right, especially if they get Embiid back for game 2.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in regular season numbers, especially with a team as young as the Sixers.

Everything about the playoffs is different. The pressure is different, the game is officiated differently and it's the same team for 4-7 straight games which means adjustments have to be made game to game.

Those things tend to favor the more experienced team. I think D-Wade has more playoff experience by himself than the Sixers entire roster.

The Sixers definitely can win and are the more talented team, but I tend to go with the more experienced team in the playoffs.

There is no question that the Sixers could lose this series. IMO, this series and the Thunder/Jazz are close to 50/50 for me.

I would say this though. Playoff experience matters. But so does home court. And so does talent. The more talented team generally wins.

I do think that Embiid will need to come back sooner rather than later.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of D-Wade.

Always the first in the gym and last to leave.

I want him to have a good series.

In a Season full of discord, his is a feel good story that got him back to a place he never should have left.

A good playoff run would be icing on the cake.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think D-Wade may be the x-factor in this series. I'd expect him to go out guns a blazin'. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also all this talk of Embiid ( I understand he is great) but outside of 1 game, he has not shot the ball well vs Whiteside this year.

7-17 & 5-18 in the other game.

In his 1 good game, he shot 9-16.

The Heat

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
closet Kobe fan????? :heh:
jesus-take-the-wheel.jpg

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no question that the Sixers could lose this series. IMO, this series and the Thunder/Jazz are close to 50/50 for me.

I would say this though. Playoff experience matters. But so does home court. And so does talent. The more talented team generally wins.

I normally would agree that experience usually wins out - but in this series in particular I think the Sixers' talent will be too much for Miami even with considering the mental mistakes we normally would see in first time playoff experiences.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we basically agree. I just think experience matters more.

HCA means a lot to a young team like the Sixers. But the problem is, to an experienced team, it doesn't mean as much.

Talent wise, I believe the Thunder teams I mentioned were as or more talented than the teams they lost to. But their inexperience got them.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers haven't lost in a month.
They pass the ball all around the floor and get open 3s with the whole roster.
They are longer and faster than everyone.
They are deep and their biggest beast will be fresh.
They're 25-1 at home since Christmas.
Hype on.

you see?

this is what I'm talking about

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very true. I am wondering if Miami will have enough to take advantage of the mental mistakes & convert them into wins - 4 out of 7 games.
That's a tall task.

But, I think they have a chance as long as Spo plays the matchup game correctly.