• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/28 A'ss @ Suarez

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the absolute worst type of loss, barring someone getting injured.

I hate, hate, hate this type of "baseball."

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bright side is that I would have to believe that the FO is now convinced that we need immediate bullpen help. Of that there is no doubt, IMHO. Unless I'm missing something, Lopez should be released and a quality RP should be acquired. I know, easier said than done. But I would be willing to say that to do this, no one in the minors is off limits. The future is now, and we need help now. Whatever it takes.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bright side is that I would have to believe that the FO is now convinced that we need immediate bullpen help. Of that there is no doubt, IMHO. Unless I'm missing something, Lopez should be released and a quality RP should be acquired. I know, easier said than done. But I would be willing to say that to do this, no one in the minors is off limits. The future is now, and we need help now. Whatever it takes.
If the Giants trade any of our top 5 prospects for one relief pitchers, I'd say that would be an overpay. Quality relief pitchers, historically, can be had for a bit less than that - unless the FO goes for the sexy names, then they are going to have to overpay just because of the hype.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And two straight GDTs where I can't post a stupid pic...
Yep. We've gotten used to seeing "those pics" and when we don't see them the team is headed in the wrong direction.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants trade any of our top 5 prospects for one relief pitchers, I'd say that would be an overpay. Quality relief pitchers, historically, can be had for a bit less than that - unless the FO goes for the sexy names, then they are going to have to overpay just because of the hype.

Would it really be an overpay to get a top-shelf RP for Beede or Bickford?

We are clearly title contenders, and clearly the BP is our weakest link. Filling that hole now for an asset we aren't going to use in SF this year is worth it, IMHO. Remember Tim Alderson? Prospects are not sure things.

We have a good chance to win this year and a quality RP is desperately needed.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are clearly title contenders, and clearly the BP is our weakest link. Filling that hole now for an asset we aren't going to use in SF this year is worth it, IMHO. Remember Tim Alderson? Prospects are not sure things.

Quality relief pitchers aren't sure things either. Remember Larry Andersen?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality relief pitchers aren't sure things either. Remember Larry Andersen?
I think we can both agree that someone who is a proven star at the major league level has a better chance of continuing to be a star than someone who hasn't pitched beyond AA ball.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can both agree that someone who is a proven star at the major league level has a better chance of continuing to be a star than someone who hasn't pitched beyond AA ball.
But we are talking relief pitchers. They seem more fickle than a starting pitcher or position player.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TINSTAAPP