• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.21 Puds @ Walker

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh… watching replay I’ve no idea what Sanchez should have done. Attis’ throw took him up the line and had to make the tag.
It's a tough call for sure, I think it's because he set up without the ball waiting completely parked on the line, left foot well outside it. He needs to set up with both feet inside to give the runner a lane.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am astounded, not that I didn't think there would be a good run, But that how amazing this run Especially as it Was the Doggies we had so much fun with. It feels different than that crazy record the Giants had two years ago. Feels much more solid and with kids doing well seems at least somewhat sustainable unlike 2 years ago.
:D :D
I agree it's not as haphazard as it was that year.

The young kids are pretty solid.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh… watching replay I’ve no idea what Sanchez should have done. Attis’ throw took him up the line and had to make the tag.
He would have been fine had he not set up straddling the line. That's ALWAYS been against the rules. Its been obstruction for 100 years. Uncalled, but illegal.

The throw beat Sabol by plenty. Sanchez phuked up the game.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's not as haphazard as it was that year.

The young kids are pretty solid.
Think about this:
Tyro, Schmitt, Bailey, Sabol, Matos, Doval, Beck, Hjelle, Winn, Walker, VR...
all young and cost controlled for several seasons.

Harry, Luciano, Crawford, Brown, McCray, Black, Roupp, Whisenhunt, Arteaga all COMING.

That's a ton of young talent.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt it just wondering where the other regulars went, maybe they don't post anywhere? Seems unlikely...
We have been here for 13 years. Entropy is a law. And this site does not encourage walk-in traffic, so it is very hard to replenish our numbers.

Societally, forums had a very short lifespan. Pretty much only embraced by X-ers. Millennials and Z-ers prefer the chat-room/tweet/Snapchat format.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been here for 13 years. Entropy is a law. And this site does not encourage walk-in traffic, so it is very hard to replenish our numbers.

Societally, forums had a very short lifespan. Pretty much only embraced by X-ers. Millennials and Z-ers prefer the chat-room/tweet/Snapchat format.
Agreed. At least for now, this site still is up and running. How long were we on the Disney board?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't disagree, I'm just wondering where people went...maybe we go there too? I love this forum's interface and format but eventually you need other people to talk to...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. At least for now, this site still is up and running. How long were we on the Disney board?
I started posting “regularly” right around the time of the ‘07 draft. But I was a lurker/semi-poster for a few years prior to that. I watched the HFs as a lurker, and went to Runboard with them as a lurker, without baling on Disney.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree, I'm just wondering where people went...maybe we go there too? I love this forum's interface and format but eventually you need other people to talk to...
Who?

GP disappeared 10 years ago.
Colin left about 5 years ago, but he was done with the concept.
Heath started a business and had to stop posting because of the time suck.
SFGRTB disappeared about a year or so ago. He left abruptly, and I am actually kinda concerned about that. He went from daily poster to gone instantly.

Basically, there isn’t “somewhere else”. The other SportsHoopla is an OK site, but it is just a clichie offshoot of this place. And the few Giants fans that are there never really posted here (WillieWillieJuan, Moxie…). And it is owned/run by Hammer, and I don’t think anyone here really wants to support that d-bag.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started posting “regularly” right around the time of the ‘07 draft. But I was a lurker/semi-poster for a few years prior to that. I watched the HFs as a lurker, and went to Runboard with them as a lurker, without baling on Disney.
Runboard. I tried it and found it irritating and wonky.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I came here after Di(d)ney=notESPeciallyentertaingandsportsNitwitwork wanting to find a good Forum for talk about the Giants. I came here for the great efforts of some to give some very good research on the Giants like info about their prospects and analysis of the Org and Executives. The Information here has been awesome and is often more informative than most sports publications.

I AM HERE FOR FREE GREAT CONTENT!

Seriously the info here keeps me in the loop and I Very Much Appreciate it.Thank You all. Sorry for mostly being a taker and not a giver...... But then you also know you have an audience.
:D :nod: :yes: :thumb: :brick: