• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.17 Worms @ SweepGas

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm....sure. There's only your way. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I described exactly what happened and you apparently choose to see something else. Have fun with that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I described exactly what happened and you apparently choose to see something else. Have fun with that.
And there is only one way, ever, to describe an event.

Have fun with that.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is only one way, ever, to describe an event.

Have fun with that.
The following statements are incontrovertible, and a description of the events in question:

The Giants were leading by 8 runs after 8 innings
They put in a "mop up" reliever to end officially a game that was effectively over already
That reliever gave up a run on one hit.
The Giants won 10-3

All of the above statements are plain facts with no room for differing interpretations. But there is one "fan" who chooses to see these events as having some kind of negative connotation. This is silly and worthy of teasing.

Carry on.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following statements are incontrovertible, and a description of the events in question:

The Giants were leading by 8 runs after 8 innings
They put in a "mop up" reliever to end officially a game that was effectively over already
That reliever gave up a run on one hit.
The Giants won 10-3

All of the above statements are plain facts with no room for differing interpretations. But there is one "fan" who chooses to see these events as having some kind of negative connotation. This is silly and worthy of teasing.

Carry on.
oddly, you didn't state the "fact" in your OP that was opinion.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but this is reminding me of 2016.

Over achieving bats.
Solid starting pitching.
Very questionable bully.
Winning at a clip that the team simply had no business doing coming into the season.

But the bats are not overachieving. Posey and Craw are doing really well. But No one else is even close to their career average. Yaz, Donnie Barrels, BB9, all are below career averages. And the injuries have forced a lot of guys into roles, like Wade, and they are doing a solid if not spectacular job.

The bully has really settled down. I expect the occasional meltdown.

I would agree that the winning pace is not sustainable, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. Kap is pressing the right buttons more than the wrong ones.

I would be disappointed if they dive like 2016. But they weren't supposed to be good this year, so this is an unexpected gift. As they say, that's why they play the games. If anyone had bet before the season that the Giants would have the BRITNL on June 18, everyone, and I mean everyone would have taken that as a sucker's bet.

Worry all you want, and I will contribute my share, but I don't think this is similar to 2016 other than superficially.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fact; rather an opinion.
Post #47, that you are now carefully ignoring, is all facts. Every word. The opinion therefrom is absolutely correct to rational observers.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #47, that you are now carefully ignoring, is all facts. Every word. The opinion therefrom is absolutely correct to rational observers.
Says the person who made the original opinion. Probably coincidence.