• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 surprise starters ?

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its only bad if they get beat out because they totally suck and the players that beat them out are pretty bad too. if chase beats out porter we will all be very happy for our depth and future at cb.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chase is far from proven

Agree. And all of these scenarios are based largely on assumptions. I would say if they brought in Porter and paid him 3 mill then they feel like he will be either the 2nd or 3rd CB. I doubt they feel like at this point Minnifield can or will be that guy?? If he is and turns out to be a really good player, then great!! We can dump Porter in a year or two and we have a good young player for a long time.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. They cant count on in house players hence they filled there respective positions in FA. Meaning they overpay for them. The Lenovo signing means that they have no confidence in Ribeye. The Porter signing means they want a veteran CB on the field for there nickel. Why would they bench the guys they paid for??

Why? Becasue they were not the best player....Ok...so you overpaid for a backup as you said.....Fine... it also tells me you hae a younger better player on the cheap that is playing and in the case of Porter, will be here longer then the 1 yr contract he got....

So as you said we overpaid backups....but we also have solid depth in case of injuries, which would be in theory better then the normal quality fo the backup coming in, and the quality of play shouldnt be a huge drop off.....

I dont see it as an issue at all....... Me, personally, I would rahter have the best players on the field playing, and not the most highly paid players if they are not worthy