• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are not trying to be poachers on this. just making observations from outside looks on a head shot. it was a headshot TSN showed a much better view of it up close.

Was there contact with the head? Yes

Was the contact with the head worthy of a suspension? I believe that's debatable. But, as usual with Penguin fans, it looks like I'm in the minority on this one.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not poaching or trying to stir anything up, just giving my opinion on the Malkin hit. You disagree with my opinion and that's fine. I don't think I've posted anywhere in this thread that I'm calling for Malkin to be suspended, in fact, I've stated a couple of times that he probably won't even get called on it or at most he would get a $2500 fine. Looks like a violation of Rule 48 to me though.

2:00 for instigating! ;)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo acted like a bitch. But, like I said, before... I'd be happy with no supplemental discipline for anyone, last nite. In retrospect, this game was the least controversial out of all four that have been played, so far, in regards to dirty play.

Besides, I want Rinaldo back for game five so he can take his obligatory stupid penalty, per game.

Heck I was hoping Kunitz would get suspended for that same reason in the first four games!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was the contact with the head worthy of a suspension? I believe that's debatable. But, as usual with Penguin fans, it looks like I'm in the minority on this one.

it resulted in a concussion.. so........

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah it is. but the NHL has gone stupid this playoffs. did you know that the NHL actually made an annoucment DURING game time on Henrik Sedin NOT causing the blood from a headshot on Dustin Brown.

henrik-sedin.gif

the blood came from a puck to the face then in fast motion it looked like henrik took a headshot at Brown. this shows he glanced him in passing. if the NHL made an effort to make a statement about that DURING a GAME it shows how sensitive they are on headshots. and Grossman is now day to day with a concussion whether it was Kennedy or Malkin that caused it they will probably review it.

we are NOT looking to get him suspended we are merely commenting on another headshot whether its violent or not the NHL seems to be watching EVERYTHING now.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I got your back.

God forbid we don't find a suspendable offense in every game.

The Flyers were as angelic as ever. I wish we were such good sports.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it resulted in a concussion.. so........

That's a slippery slope to try and skate on, though. Just because it caused a concussion doesn't mean it was malicious.

Ask Steckel what his intentions were on Sid in the winter classic. Or Hedman on Sid in the next game....

This suspension yarn that is being splayed out after every playoff/regular season game is getting out of hand. It's almost like people are more excited to debate the fallout, than they are to discuss the actual hockey game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it is. but the NHL has gone stupid this playoffs. did you know that the NHL actually made an annoucment DURING game time on Henrik Sedin NOT causing the blood from a headshot on Dustin Brown.

henrik-sedin.gif

the blood came from a puck to the face then in fast motion it looked like henrik took a headshot at Brown. this shows he glanced him in passing. if the NHL made an effort to make a statement about that DURING a GAME it shows how sensitive they are on headshots. and Grossman is now day to day with a concussion whether it was Kennedy or Malkin that caused it they will probably review it.

we are NOT looking to get him suspended we are merely commenting on another headshot whether its violent or not the NHL seems to be watching EVERYTHING now.

that one should easily be a suspension too.. clear headshot on a defenseless player who clearly isn't in the play.. if the NHL wanted this kinda stuff to stop, so they could actually sit and watch a game, that would be at least a 10 game suspension.. IMO these are the kind of hits that piss me off the most.. why is he doing that? why did borque hit backstrom? why do these kinds of hits happen away from the play and clear targets to the head? the only reason is to hurt people. period. get it out of the game by suspending the shit out of it.

instead the NHL is too focused on boarding calls that are dangerous ya, but at least they're around damn play

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that one should easily be a suspension too.. clear headshot on a defenseless player who clearly isn't in the play.. if the NHL wanted this kinda stuff to stop, so they could actually sit and watch a game, that would be at least a 10 game suspension.. IMO these are the kind of hits that piss me off the most.. why is he doing that? why did borque hit backstrom? why do these kinds of hits happen away from the play and clear targets to the head? the only reason is to hurt people. period. get it out of the game by suspending the shit out of it.

instead the NHL is too focused on boarding calls that are dangerous ya, but at least they're around damn play

lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a slippery slope to try and skate on, though. Just because it caused a concussion doesn't mean it was malicious.

Ask Steckel what his intentions were on Sid in the winter classic. Or Hedman on Sid in the next game....

This suspension yarn that is being splayed out after every playoff/regular season game is getting out of hand. It's almost like people are more excited to debate the fallout, than they are to discuss the actual hockey game.

its not my slippery slope.. its the slippery slope the NHL already put its sled down on

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I go belly first on this slippery slope?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i get that you're a canuck fan and think thats embellishment.. and ya maybe it is.. but brown is on his knees and sedin gives him a forearm shiver to the head for no reason other than brown has owned them in this series

those are the kinds of hits that piss me off.. man up and hit someone that's ready for it (or at least should be), not someone who is getting up from another hit

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing everyone can agree upon...

Playoffs makes almost every teams fans really really narrow minded and sensitive.... myself included.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get that you're a canuck fan and think thats embellishment.. and ya maybe it is.. but brown is on his knees and sedin gives him a forearm shiver to the head for no reason other than brown has owned them in this series

those are the kinds of hits that piss me off.. man up and hit someone that's ready for it (or at least should be), not someone who is getting up from another hit

oh shit you were serious. I thought it was sarcasm. so um he actually didn't hit his head. Brown embellished it entirely. but we will never agree not that at all.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dustin Brown post game ...

reporter: what did you think about the Sedin hit tonight
Brown: what hit?

His eyes were watered up from the puck to the face and he actually though an LA King teammate skated by and bumped him

SUSPEND THE BASTARD FOR THAT MASSIVE HEADSHOT lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh shit you were serious. I thought it was sarcasm. so um he actually didn't hit his head. Brown embellished it entirely. but we will never agree not that at all.

Dustin Brown post game ...

reporter: what did you think about the Sedin hit tonight
Brown: what hit?

His eyes were watered up from the puck to the face and he actually though an LA King teammate skated by and bumped him

SUSPEND THE BASTARD FOR THAT MASSIVE HEADSHOT lol

well that changes the story haha.. the first view on that video had me believing he hit him (and pretty hard).. oscar for dustin brown? :embarassed:

regardless, those types of hits, are the ones that piss me off