• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! Really?!? You guys want him suspended for that... :noidea:

Considering what this series has produced, this is some pretty weak ass shit.

Us Penguins fans feel that way and the Flyer fans want him gone for the series.

We know he won't get suspended for that because it was hard to notice. When the video ended i was wondering when it occurred so when I watched it again I realized it was the hit to head as he was skating by.
I am not saying it couldn't be suspendable but I highly doubt it per this series.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! Really?!? You guys want him suspended for that... :noidea:

Considering what this series has produced, this is some pretty weak ass shit.

Not really all that much different from the Shaw hit on Smith in the Chicago - Phoenix series, except Grossman doesn't embellish at all and Shaw isn't a superstar in the league. Malkin might get a $2500 fine at most.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really all that much different from the Shaw hit on Smith in the Chicago - Phoenix series, except Grossman doesn't embellish at all and Shaw isn't a superstar in the league. Malkin might get a $2500 fine at most.

I think we are saying both Dash and I that with the way the calls have gone on fines and suspensions It wouldn't be surprising.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"first time offender" right? lol

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'd feel the same way if it was giroux hitting letang like that and giving him a concussion.. dont even.

It's weak, I'm sorry.

I think we just have some poachers in here today lookin' to stir the swill. If you think Geno needs suspended for that, then Kubina, Rinaldo and Wayne need one, as well. In the end, they're all weak. I'd be happy with no one receiving anything.

It's playoff hockey

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR-Snoop.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Us Penguins fans feel that way and the Flyer fans want him gone for the series.

We know he won't get suspended for that because it was hard to notice. When the video ended i was wondering when it occurred so when I watched it again I realized it was the hit to head as he was skating by.
I am not saying it couldn't be suspendable but I highly doubt it per this series.

exactly.

just like you guys think rinaldo or kubina should be suspended and flyers fans think thats ridiculous.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except one is a goalie making a play behind his net. Goalies are off limits ever since the fiasco with Looch on Miller. I'm not surprised to see Shaw get what he received.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weak, I'm sorry.

I think we just have some poachers in here today lookin' to stir the swill. If you think Geno needs suspended for that, then Kubina, Rinaldo and Wayne need one, as well. In the end, they're all weak. I'd be happy with no one receiving anything.

It's playoff hockey

i dont think he'll be suspended, and i wont be livid if he doesnt.. but in a consistent NHL :-)lol:) that hit at least gets reviewed and looked at.. its really not that different from the glancing elbows people have been throwing straight at people's heads.. except its a shoulder that he got him w/

the head was clearly targeted and was clearly the primary point of contact, and malkin is not a saint, and doesn't even have the reputation of one. it should at least be looked at.

and get outta here with the rinaldo and kubina stuff.. those were standard scrum type plays except nobody else was scrumming.. those were minor penalties if it wasn't this series

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except one is a goalie making a play behind his net. Goalies are off limits ever since the fiasco with Looch on Miller. I'm not surprised to see Shaw get what he received.

aren't headshots off limits?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weak, I'm sorry.

It's playoff hockey

we are not trying to be poachers on this. just making observations from outside looks on a head shot. it was a headshot TSN showed a much better view of it up close.

exactly.

just like you guys think rinaldo or kubina should be suspended and flyers fans think thats ridiculous.

I think they will make an example of Rinaldo as they can afford to.

I think both of you right now are thinking the NHL is actually logical and process driven on this years playoffs.

:D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are not trying to be poachers on this. just making observations from outside looks on a head shot. it was a headshot TSN showed a much better view of it up close.

I think they will make an example of Rinaldo as they can afford to.

I think both of you right now are thinking the NHL is actually logical and process driven on this years playoffs.

:D

oh ya i definitely think rinaldo is gunna get suspended.. pretty sure his first penalty was actually for breathing and being on the ice at the same time, so i could see him getting 24 games for actually hitting someone more than once.. that's completely illegal if you're zac rinaldo

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he'll be suspended, and i wont be livid if he doesnt.. but in a consistent NHL :-)lol:) that hit at least gets reviewed and looked at.. its really not that different from the glancing elbows people have been throwing straight at people's heads.. except its a shoulder that he got him w/

the head was clearly targeted and was clearly the primary point of contact, and malkin is not a saint, and doesn't even have the reputation of one. it should at least be looked at.
.. those were standard
and get outta here with the rinaldo and kubina stuff. scrum type plays except nobody else was scrumming.. those were minor penalties if it wasn't this series

Rinaldo acted like a bitch. But, like I said, before... I'd be happy with no supplemental discipline for anyone, last nite. In retrospect, this game was the least controversial out of all four that have been played, so far, in regards to dirty play.

Besides, I want Rinaldo back for game five so he can take his obligatory stupid penalty, per game.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's been suspended before correct? i dont think he has. that being said with the way this series has gotten stupid for cheap shots and dirty plays. maybe 1 game to prove a point. the NHL is OVER doing their thinking process on everything now that its out of control so the spin of the wheel would be interesting. I however think it will quietly go away since none is raising a stink over it

Don't be surprised if Claude Julien complains about it in today's pre-game presser. ;)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways shanny will be too busy anyway over the next 2 days for Torres

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo and Kubina?

Neither should get suspended. Rinaldo maybe a fine but all they were doing late in the game was kicking anyone out so it wouldn't get out of hand.

Thats why Cooke and Simmonds were sent off also.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough night for Claude Giroux

[YOUTUBE]IkZOKdUi0b4#![/YOUTUBE]

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not poaching or trying to stir anything up, just giving my opinion on the Malkin hit. You disagree with my opinion and that's fine. I don't think I've posted anywhere in this thread that I'm calling for Malkin to be suspended, in fact, I've stated a couple of times that he probably won't even get called on it or at most he would get a $2500 fine. Looks like a violation of Rule 48 to me though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo acted like a bitch. But, like I said, before... I'd be happy with no supplemental discipline for anyone, last nite. In retrospect, this game was the least controversial out of all four that have been played, so far, in regards to dirty play.

Besides, I want Rinaldo back for game five so he can take his obligatory stupid penalty, per game.

no kidding.. i want his ass suspended so lavi isn't tempted.. he's a walking penalty.. and while he has takin a couple penalties, IMO there are just as many standard hockey plays that he's been called for in this series.. that 'interference' last night was a joke

.. not that many of the calls last night weren't a joke.. my biggest annoyance was the too many men call.. how many times are they gunna call that on the flyers and not the penguins.. players come on the ice while other people are climbing in the gate, every single god damned shift for both teams.. wtf are you doing calling that last night?

(flyers got the benefit of the doubt on 2 high sticking calls that were a joke, the one on giroux and the one to put the pens down for the 3rd part of the 4/3, 5/3, 5/3 sequence.. how the eff do you make a ticky tack call in that situation?!)