• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 next tight ends after the big 3

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm curious where everybody else is on the next tier of tight ends after the big 3. So in what order would you put these tight ends (for dynasty purposes):

Eric Ebron
Evan Engram
Hunter Henry
O.J. Howard
David Njoku

And if you think anybody else should be ranked ahead of these guys you can fill them in. Not really sure where Hockenson and Fant fit in since they haven't played a down yet. This is not necessarily the order I would put them, I just alphabetized them by last name.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Fant
Evan engram
Hunter Henry
Oj Howard
Eric Ebron
David Njoku

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the big three are Kelce, Kittle and Ertz I assume.

OJ Howard number one overall if Winston gets his head out of his ass...well, maybe #2. Kelce is a beast with a beast chucking it.
Ebron has only health to deter him from double digit TD.
Chris Herndon will only get better as Darnold does...I think both will, while Anderson and Bell will have four safety eyes on them a lot.
Kyle Rudolph will do as he do.
Jared Cook is hard to steer away from, as Drew is pretty good to TE. (but oddly, I admit hesitation)

*that hesitation allows me to put an "honorable mention"
Tyler Eifert

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--Well as much as i know about these guys in College(nothing) -- i live off the hype and what i see in their early NFL beginnings

thus from what i see and the surroundings they fall in is how the hockey loving northerner rates them

1-David Njoku kid looks good Treff likes him and should grow with that very potential to be big time offence

2-Hunter Henry best looking one i have seen so far however Rivers wont be there much longer so i drop him to 2 and if you can tell me the next Rivers is awaiting around the corner then he is 1 for me...

3-Eric Ebron- Good spot he is Lucky right now

4-Evan Engram potential beast i think however Manning gone faster than Rivers bumps him down

5--O.J. Howard prob should be much higher but what the F is Winston doing..

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the big three are Kelce, Kittle and Ertz I assume.

OJ Howard number one overall if Winston gets his head out of his ass...well, maybe #2. Kelce is a beast with a beast chucking it.
Ebron has only health to deter him from double digit TD.
Chris Herndon will only get better as Darnold does...I think both will, while Anderson and Bell will have four safety eyes on them a lot.
Kyle Rudolph will do as he do.
Jared Cook is hard to steer away from, as Drew is pretty good to TE. (but oddly, I admit hesitation)

*that hesitation allows me to put an "honorable mention"
Tyler Eifert

So you would take Chris Herndon, Kyle Rudolph, Jared Cook, and Tyler Eifert ahead of Njoku, Engram, Hunter Henry in dynasty?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Fant
Evan engram
Hunter Henry
Oj Howard
Eric Ebron
David Njoku

Wow so I'm guessing you're a big Noah Fant guy. Never taken an NFL snap and if you were in a startup dynasty league you would take him over the other 5?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty purposes-
Henry
Njoku - Howard
Engram

Fant

I'm not ready to give up on Geisiki yet

About ten other TE's

Ebron

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm curious where everybody else is on the next tier of tight ends after the big 3. So in what order would you put these tight ends (for dynasty purposes):

Eric Ebron
Evan Engram
Hunter Henry
O.J. Howard
David Njoku

And if you think anybody else should be ranked ahead of these guys you can fill them in. Not really sure where Hockenson and Fant fit in since they haven't played a down yet. This is not necessarily the order I would put them, I just alphabetized them by last name.

I like McDonald situation for a big uptick in targets to be included in that group. His con is he misses games with injuries yearly.

Ebron- I expect his TD rate will fall this season, as there is competition for red zone targets this season.

Engram- more targets this seasons, like his chances for a good season

Henry-IDK what to expect. He really only has that one season where he scored a bunch of TDs. He's hasn't had a lot of targets in the past and has Mike Williams to compete against for red zone looks.

Howard- Been getting better ever season, not sure if Arians offense does much for him, conflicting results with TEs for Arians.

Njoku- More hype then results.

I rank them:

Engram
Howard
McDonald
Ebron
Henry
Nojoku

It's a fluid list at this point and may change as the season gets closer. I'd rank the rookies after these players.

Gesicki is a candidate to take a step forward this season. As well as Burton, Herndon, Andrews.

Cook will take a step back, but still worth owning.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to think about it s'more.
I like Cook in the Saints offense too.
And if Delainie Walker is healthy, he was top 5. Olsen too in Carolina.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to think about it s'more.
I like Cook in the Saints offense too.
And if Delainie Walker is healthy, he was top 5. Olsen too in Carolina.
'Member Joe, dynasty terms. Walker and Olsen are on their last legs..Cook ain't far behind em

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Member Joe, dynasty terms. Walker and Olsen are on their last legs..Cook ain't far behind em
Oh yeah. Thanks for the reminder.
I'm tired. :sleep:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow so I'm guessing you're a big Noah Fant guy. Never taken an NFL snap and if you were in a startup dynasty league you would take him over the other 5?

First off, it is dynasty... But i like to look at TEs with the least unproven WRs... the TE that CAN become at least the WR2 for their team... if not the main receiver...

Fant pretty much fits that role... Courtland sutton and Desean Hamilton were rookies last year and not sure if either have proven much yet...

Then, new QB in a new system targets TEs... and even if he loses his job then you got a rookie QB... Rookie QBs love TEs...

Then the running game for the Broncos is as much in flux as the Receiving... so i just see opportunities there even immediately...

and from all i hear, he is a pure receiver at TE...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth, early word out if broncos camp is they plan on Fant only being in sub packages with Huermann starting in base sets. And the overall gameplan is defense, Freeman, Lindsey, repeat, for as long as they can.
Obviously Fant can force the issue, but he's gotta prove himself blocking in the run game before he's anything other than the occasional "move" TE

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Hooper is in his prime on a good offense.

Geoff Swaim is a young sleeper to keep in mind with Nick Foles there.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I don't get top 3, I'm looking for Howard, Henry, Engram.

If I miss out on the top 6, I'll take two shots at young guys, preferably with 1-3yrs in the league already, or a vet in an appealing situation. If you have the option to wait, the top rooks would fall in this group too.

Herndon, Hooper, Njoku, Vance, Cook, Ebron/Doyle, Rudolph, Fant, Hock

But really, I want one of those top 6 for dynasty, the rest carry little value, at least today, imo. TE 7-20 are all pretty similar at the end of the day for fantasy purposes

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's many facets to the TE position. Best TE drafted as a rookie doesn't mean the team will use him as such.

I think you need to look at the WR to see if TE is a better option for the offense. Look at Kittle's WR as well as Kelce's. For that matter look at the WR when Walker and Olsen dominated. This may be more telling.

Off he top of my head, maybe Engram stands out now. But WR depth might be lacking in places like PIT and GB. Those TE could be asked to step up.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would take Chris Herndon, Kyle Rudolph, Jared Cook, and Tyler Eifert ahead of Njoku, Engram, Hunter Henry in dynasty?

Ahead of? I see no reason to do so. I would take them later.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of missed that too.

Njoku and Engram might bump out Cook and Rudy for me I guess.

As for rookies, I'll put my money on Knox being the guy from this year's class. No bias...honestly. ;)