• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs. #6 San Jose Sharks - Western semis

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave how is life in the Dave house now that the Ducks are out? If I remember correctly your wife is a Ducks fan ?

Better than if the Kings were playing the Ducks. She will root for the Kings now. Dont know how a could pull that off :(
She was more upset about the Raffi hit than I was. I looked at it like a mistake that cost two players the series. I would have accepted no penalty but she wanted him banned for life. I think if it was another Shark it would have received a game at most. I think he tried to get the shoulder and missed. The problem is that it was Raffi and he has a history of stupid.
For the people saying Stoll is faking i think if he was that type of player he would not have gotten up after the hit. We will see.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, to clarify my earlier statement about Stoll coming back, I didn't mean to imply he's a faker and wasn't even hurt on the play. I just don't think he got hurt enough to miss more than a game -- and I believe he most likely could have probably played tonight but they're just giving him extra rest/recovery since they're up 1-0 and can afford to, etc.

But we'll see. I obviously am just guessing and could be wrong and he could be out a while (I hope not; don't want to see people get seriously hurt out there).

Anyway, here's to a good game tonight and hopefully they Sharks at least score (improvement over game 1!). Hah!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that didn't take long.

Carter sickness.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things:

1) The suspension being for a non-specific amount of games is against new CBA rule, which states that a suspension must be for a specified amount of games.

2) Because of #1, it can't be appealed (nice one, Shanny!)

3) I'm of the opinion that Stoll is fine and he'll play in Game 3. Which will be an absolute joke/slap in the face.

4) The Sharks are horribly thin on NHL-level reserves (as in they have none) but even with that in mind, if the Sharks making out of this round hinged on Torres being in their lineup, they have more serious issues to begin with.
I agree that this varible game length smells. I think it may have been a deal. Take the series suspention and dont appeal or we will give a suspention larger than the last one and you can appeal but you will miss the series and the start of next season even if you win

Last edited by a moderator:

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stoll comes back, Sharks should gun for his head. If the NHL is going to continue this league into a joke, play along.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doughty doesnt brain fart that puck away its probably 2-0 Kings.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally some sustained pressure. Good power play, just finish it next time.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar period to last game. Man the Kings do a good job taking away the space in front of Quick, and blocking shots and passes in that area.

Niemi a bit of a soft goal but Kings easily could have scored on that PP where the Sharks had the same unit on the entire 2 minutes.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar period to last game. Man the Kings do a good job taking away the space in front of Quick, and blocking shots and passes in that area.

Niemi a bit of a soft goal but Kings easily could have scored on that PP where the Sharks had the same unit on the entire 2 minutes.

That's a bit of an understatement, IMO... :P

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Williams is an F’ing samurai and I love it

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Kings keep punishing the Sharks on the PP.

And there comes another Sharks PP... can they decline these since they suck so bad at them?

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Kings keep punishing the Sharks on the PP.

And there comes another Sharks PP... can they decline these since they suck so bad at them?

lol.. thanks for keeping me company, I know you guys are having a party in the other forum.