• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs. #6 San Jose Sharks - Western semis

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because I think Raffi totally deserves the backing of the team here. that hit didnt look too bad to me. hes being unfairly punished for reputation and I think a new rule should be put if you claim that your player is going to be out for teh whole series (ala Sutter) then he is out the whole series regardless of injury or not. Im tired of the opposite team playing the media and using emotions to get longer suspensions. its worse to the game than diving.

It all comes down to the fact that the league determines length of suspension mostly by the injury. Injuries should be a non factor in determining punishment.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to the fact that the league determines length of suspension mostly by the injury. Injuries should be a non factor in determining punishment.

It's funny how almost everyone seems to agree with this except the NHL.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**** You Jumbo Joe.

Joe Thornton to Jarret Stoll: ?Just keep your head up? | ProHockeyTalk

San Jose Sharks captain Joe Thornton seems to think that Stoll was the one being careless. Thornton said he’s surprised the NHL wants to discuss the check with Torres. “We were kind of shocked today to hear he has to fly to New York for the hearing,” Thornton said. “We didn’t see anything wrong on the play.” The Sharks captain argues that the league is putting hitters in a tough spot. “It almost seems like the player getting hit has no responsibility at all right now,” Thornton said. “In that case, I think Jarret probably wasn’t expecting to get hit, and it just looked like a clean hit. It seems right now that the responsibility is on the hitter, and not the receiver right now.”

Apparently he’s not very happy with that standard, then.

“No,” Thornton said. “The way I was brought up was to keep your head up. Just keep your head up. When I was six years old, I was taught that.”

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with keeping your head up is that sometimes you don't see the light sabers coming:

violent-recently.gif

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I watch it the more Ive changed my mind to the fact that this hit wasn't that bad. Torres is still mega dbag who I will not be sad if they suspend him.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep TSC
Very nice facility. Lakers practice there as well but you cant get in their half. There in an olympic size rink as well as roller hockey rinks.
Check kings insider and many times he will post Kings practice times. Not sure about visitor practice. Maybe call the rink

I have a pic of me and my wife with Jim Fox and former Kings asst coach Mark Hardy there... yes that was some years ago. gonna look for it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest question since there are wings fans in this thread too...

how is torres hit on stoll different than abdelkader on lydman?

in my opinion, abdelkader hit is much worse than the torres hit.

sure, torres will get his time because of his past history whereas abdelkader didn't have a history, but abdelkader leapt off the ice and the principal point of contact was the head and the injury to lydman may be worse than whatever injury stoll has.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ducky and I would suggest that the Anklebiter hit was even worse than the Gryba hit on Eller, yet they received the same punishment (that being a 2 game suspension).

I didn't like the Torres hit, but I also don't think it warrants a major suspension (I would be satisfied with 1 game). However, I think the league is getting ready to send a major message to Raffi.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest question since there are wings fans in this thread too...

how is torres hit on stoll different than abdelkader on lydman?

in my opinion, abdelkader hit is much worse than the torres hit.

sure, torres will get his time because of his past history whereas abdelkader didn't have a history, but abdelkader leapt off the ice and the principal point of contact was the head and the injury to lydman may be worse than whatever injury stoll has.

Ducky
Good to see you
I think the Torres hit had less intent than Abdelkader. Torres saw a chance to make a statement hit and missed. The issue really is his record. The league wants to clean up reckless hits and Torres is the poster boy and the league wants to draw a line

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducky
Good to see you
I think the Torres hit had less intent than Abdelkader. Torres saw a chance to make a statement hit and missed. The issue really is his record. The league wants to clean up reckless hits and Torres is the poster boy and the league wants to draw a line

I can agree with that. I understand drawing the line on reckless hits and making an example out of Torres.

What I can't understand is the people who believe that the severity of the actual hit itself warrants a suspension beyond the 2 games that have been levied against Gryba and Abdelkader.

It's interesting to me that this Torres hit is compared to the Gryba hit when I think the 2 are nothing alike. This hit is more similar to the Abdelkader hit, in my opinion, but with less severity than the Abdelkader hit. The severity of the injury, I guess, still remains to be seen.

btw Dave, hi. I'm around from time to time, and am helping with the playoff pool. but i've tended to lurk and read rather than post for various reasons.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Torres as a repeat offender gets the extra penalty and loses the grey area.
If Bobby Ryan makes the same hit I think he might get a fine or up to two games. Torres doesnt get off with a warning. If you get pulled over and the cop smells booze he may ask you to take a blood alcohol test. You blow a 0.05 the cop may tell you to let someone else drive. A guy with 4 previous DUIs blows a 0.05 they may arrest him for his fifth DUI. Even though the "legal limit" is 0.08 a person can still be deemed impaired at a lower level.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly hope Stoll misses the rest of the series now.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i heard he had a face to face i thought it would be fair to suspend him for the series. I just did not know they could just say series. I thought they had to say a number. Then i thought they would just not announce the number until after the series. As far as Stoll missing the series I think he is done until next year. All signs are pointing to more than a 12 day injury

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave how is life in the Dave house now that the Ducks are out? If I remember correctly your wife is a Ducks fan ?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things:

1) The suspension being for a non-specific amount of games is against new CBA rule, which states that a suspension must be for a specified amount of games.

2) Because of #1, it can't be appealed (nice one, Shanny!)

3) I'm of the opinion that Stoll is fine and he'll play in Game 3. Which will be an absolute joke/slap in the face.

4) The Sharks are horribly thin on NHL-level reserves (as in they have none) but even with that in mind, if the Sharks making out of this round hinged on Torres being in their lineup, they have more serious issues to begin with.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it's karma that Stoll got injured, but it's karma for his hit on Cam Fowler earlier this season.

I need one of those "I'm not saying it was karma, but it was karma" memes.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it's karma that Stoll got injured, but it's karma for his hit on Cam Fowler earlier this season.

I need one of those "I'm not saying it was karma, but it was karma" memes.

So was it karma? :confused2: