• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs. #6 San Jose Sharks - Western semis

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Sharks have something to build off of for game 2. The third period was all Sharks. Solve Quick and you win the series. 0 shots from Kopitar is not a good thing.

Kopitar and his line completely shut down Couture (and his line), just as I kind of expected... so nothing to be down on him about... he did a hell of a job out there tonight, IMO.

The Sharks played well for the first 10 minutes of the game and the last 20 but the 2nd period was all Kings, unfortunately.

They have kind of "owned" (as much as possible.. hah!) Quick lately but no such luck tonight.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone had any doubts about the Kings, the cup still goes through LA. Jonathan Quick is the best goalie in the World. No apoligies to Lundqvist either. It doesn't matter what team the Kings play they have the better goalie. Therefore they believe they will win the series.

Good luck to everyone else. They're going to need it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I can't figure out about Quick is how on earth he remains successful when he is so over-committed more than half the time. He is crazy mobile, and often when he makes a big save he is so far out of position it's almost comical. There is no way he should be as successful as he is. His technique is atrocious.

He makes up a lot of the gap with athleticism, and I get the feeling when he flames out it is going to be fast and huge.

In the mean time, he is fun as hell to watch.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopitar is in mid season slump mode. Many fans think he may be hiding an injury. As far as Torres it could go either way. Stoll having his head down should not f
factor into it unless they say he lowered it into the hit. Brown was nailed while Pomvilles head was low. Not saying Brown didnt use an elbow just the head was low. I think we will hear nothing. I am fine with whatever. As far as controlling the play, that is what the Kings do. They let the other team have the puck on the outside, control the rebounds and wait for misrakes. Ask the Blues how many games they controlled.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raffi Torres has lost the benefit of the doubt, if he hits anyone near the head like last night he needs to be suspended.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Raffi

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 22m
Have been told Torres is not "out of the clear" for hit on Stoll. Expect to see announcement of hearing. By the way,Stoll did not return.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 16m
Confirmation. Torres will have a hearing.
Details

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think Dean Lombardi did some pretty good lobbying of the NHL offices via the phone...

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopitar is in mid season slump mode. Many fans think he may be hiding an injury. As far as Torres it could go either way. Stoll having his head down should not f
factor into it unless they say he lowered it into the hit. Brown was nailed while Pomvilles head was low. Not saying Brown didnt use an elbow just the head was low. I think we will hear nothing. I am fine with whatever. As far as controlling the play, that is what the Kings do. They let the other team have the puck on the outside, control the rebounds and wait for misrakes. Ask the Blues how many games they controlled.

True, and I watched a fair amount of the Kings/Blues series. But bottom line is last night the Sharks had far more pucks directed towards Quick. Kings get a goal of a back of a leg and another nice goal. A bounce here or a bounce there and this game could have been entirely different.

My overall point is I don't see the Kings winning the series if all the games are played like last night. With that being said, I would much rather be in the Kings position and they are the type of team that can make adjustments and dominate you anytime.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think Dean Lombardi did some pretty good lobbying of the NHL offices via the phone...

Hope Stoll is okay, but holy hell this is playoff hockey. A suspension would be ridiculous. A freaken hit to the shoulder of a player whose head is hunched over.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Stoll is okay, but holy hell this is playoff hockey. A suspension would be ridiculous.

A repeat offender goes out of his way to lay a body check and the principal point of contact (based on the video I have seen) is Stoll's head. Stoll is likely out with a concussion for who knows how long. Isn't this why Rule 48 was brought into the league?

I don't blame the San Jose coach for standing up for Torres, but let's just say Brown laid a similiar hit on Couture that Torres did on Stoll last night. Would he feel the same way?

Also, should we throw all the rules away because it's playoff hockey? Apparently, based on most of the games I've watched, that's exactly what is happening.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
oh Raffi

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 22m
Have been told Torres is not "out of the clear" for hit on Stoll. Expect to see announcement of hearing. By the way,Stoll did not return.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 16m
Confirmation. Torres will have a hearing.
Details

Pretty sad that they are giving hearings based injury and reputation now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sad that they are giving hearings based injury and reputation now.

They have to base it on something, and we know they don't base it on evidence and fact.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have to base it on something, and we know they don't base it on evidence and fact.

True. Funny thing is the Penner hit on Wingels was a much more blatant head shot than this and we won't hear anything about it beacuse there was no call on the play and Wingels didn't miss a shift.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 second mark

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie now SJ's Raffi Torres will have disciplinary hearing with NHL for hit on LA's Jarret Stoll. Sounds like request is for an in-person hearing.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this will probably cost Torres come July 1

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 second mark

Very much like the Gryba hit, with the exception that Gryba did not charge Eller.

The call on the ice for charging was correct, but looks to me like Torres led with a shoulder and Stoll's head hit it after initial contact. Just like Eller.

In person hearing? Raffi will be executed.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people were saying raffi could have been looking at at least 3 shmill per season this offseason

this will change

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry but every replay I've seen the shoulder is the primary contact point. If anything comes of this it will be pretty disappointing.